Tru-Vue Company

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Tru-Vue Company

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

[between 1931 and ca.1960]

History

Tru-Vue Inc. was founded in 1931. Tru-Vue was most popular between 1930 and 1940. Original viewers used 35 mm acetate filmstrips with 12 stereoviews. Film strips would be placed through the left side of the viewer and slowly pulled across using a lever. In 1950, Tru-Vue introduced colour films to compete with Sawyer's View-Master. In 1952 Sawyer's View-Master acquired the Tru-Vue Company. The company change switched the traditional film strip to stereocards with 7 images that would be inserted into the top of the viewer and pulled down.

Places

Rock Island, Illinois, United States

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Sawyer's Inc. ([between ca.1919 and 1966])

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

hierarchical

Type of relationship

Sawyer's Inc. is the owner of Tru-Vue Company

Dates of the relationship

[between 1952 and ca.1960]

Description of relationship

Later owner of Tru-Vue Company

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC