Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Multiple media
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
2 cm of graphic records
1 dvd: photographs ; jpgs
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
The Ted Rogers School of Management (Faculty of Business) has a long history at Ryerson University. In 1948 the School of Business offered certificates in Business Machines and Retail Merchandising.
By 1958-1959 Business offered diplomas in Business Administration, Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Administration, Merchandising Administration, and Secretarial Science. In 1960 Ryerson’s schools were organized into Divisions – with the Business Division responsible for Business Administration, Home Economics, Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Administration (HRRA), Journalism, Merchandising Administration, Photographic Arts, Printing Management, Radio and Television Arts, and Secretarial Science. The following year the Arts Division was created, leaving Business with Business Administration, HRRA, Merchandising Administration, Printing Management, and Secretarial Science.
In 1966 the Business Division was re-organized. Business Administration department offered diplomas with 5 options for courses of study – Business Computer systems, Financial Management, HRRA, Marketing Management, and Retail Administration. Secretarial Science maintained its own diploma. Printing Management had been realigned into the new Communications Division the previous year.
In 1972 the Business Division offered its first two degrees – a Bachelor of Technology in Business Management and a Bachelor of Applied Arts in Secretarial Science. This was followed by a Bachelor of Applied Arts in Hotel and Tourism Management in 1973; a Bachelor of Commerce in Retail Management in 1998; and a Bachelor of Communication in Information Technology Management in 1999.
In 1983 Faculties were established with Faculty of Business administering the School of Business Management, the School of Hospitality and Tourism (BAA), and the Department of Secretarial and Administrative Studies.
In 1994 a part-time Health Services Management degree (BAA) started being offered through the Faculty of Community Services. In 2011 it would move under the umbrella of the Faculty of Business.
In 2006 the Faculty of Business moved from 287 Victoria Street to a new building at 55 Dundas Street West. The Masters of Management Science in the Management of Technology and Innovation degree, and the Masters of Business Administration degree established. That same year, Ted and Loretta Rogers donate $15 million dollars to Ryerson University.
The following year, The Faculty of Business would be re-named the Ted Rogers School of Management with the schools of Business Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Information Technology Management and Retail Management under its umbrella. In 2011 the School of Health Services Management would join, and in 2012 the School of Accounting and Finance was established.
The fonds contains a variety of materials including newspapers, newsletters, correspondence, advertising, photographs, programmes, and brochures related to the Business Division, Business Administration Division, Faculty of Business and the Ted Rogers School of Management.