- ca. 1885
Item is a cream cabinet card with embossed gold text at bottom, "ST. MARY'S STUDIO/ ST. ANDREWS/ N.B./ J. Rodgrs". Photograph is a full length portrait of a boy and girl, seated on the end of a bench. The boy wears kilt and tartan with matching hat and holds a walking stick. The girl wears a loose, wide-collared dress with frilled bonnet. On verso, elaborate stamp with photographer's name and various seals indicating prizes won and societies the photographer belonged to, including Ediburgh Photographic Society, Photographic Society of Scotland, Royal Scottish Society of Arts, Aberdeen Mechanics Institution. The stamp also indicates the studio was "PATRONIZED BY ROYALTY" and was established in 1849.