8 Archival description results for Shopping centers
8 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- [June] 1969
Exterior views of the shopping arcade and central courtyard located at 148 Yorkville Avenue in Toronto, with details of staircases, windows, brickwork, enclosed and rooftop café areas, shops signs such as: J.W. Shoe Designs, The Albertine, Just Jane and The Book Cellar. This complex was a finalist for a Massey Medal for Architecture in 1970.
N. & H. Studio
- [September] 1957; [February] 1981
Photographs from different stages of development of the Don Mills Centre. The strip plaza was opened in 1955 with a small number of shops, and it expanded in the 1960s to serve the growing community. A project was undertaken in 1978 to enclose the mall. One photograph shows the original outdoor walkways, and the second photograph is an aerial view showing the parking lot and the central Eaton's store.
- [October] 1983, [October] 1985, [September] 1986
Exterior views of terminal building after conversion to multi-purpose building, from the water and interior views of south atrium with shopping concourse. One architectural drawing with caption: Architectural rendering of Terminal Warehouse façade when Queen's Quay Terminal at York is completed. One reprint of a newspaper photo of the terminal building when still in use as railroad terminal and offices of CN Rail.
- [March] 1974; [May] 1974
Office and shopping complex located at 99 Yorkville Avenue. Office space designed by Webb, Zerafa, Menkes, Housden partnership for their own use. Published in the May 1974 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.
N. & H. Studio