Ryerson University--Academic Council

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Ryerson University--Academic Council

Equivalent terms

Ryerson University--Academic Council

Associated terms

Ryerson University--Academic Council

4 Archival description results for Ryerson University--Academic Council

4 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Faculty Council

  • RG 498
  • Fonds
  • 1948-1969

In 1948 an Institute Council was formed, two years later it appears to have changed its name to Faculty Council. Then between 1958-1965 there does not appear to have been a Faculty Council, possibly replaced again by the Institute Council. In April 1965 the Institute Council was replaced once again when the Board of Governors officially passes a resolution for the formation of a Faculty Council consisting of the Principal (chairman), some senior administrative officials, departmental chairmen, 15 members of the teaching faculty (3 yr. appointments), and 15 representatives from various departments (3 yr. appointments). In the late 1960's the Faculty Council became the Academic Council. Academic Council eventually changed its name to the Senate.

Fonds contains general records and meeting minutes from the Institute Council and the Faculty Council. It also contains meeting minutes and associated records for two of the Council's committees - Physical Facilities and the "X" (Executive) Committee.

Report to Academic Council on Organization of Continuing Education

File contains a draft copy and the final version of the report prepared and presented to Academic Council (Senate) by J. L. Packham, Vice President Academic. Both are dated 1977 with the final version dated April 27, 1977. Included with the final version is a memo from J. L. Packham to J. A. Wargo, secretary of Academic Council. In the memo he clarifies the changes made by the President and himself from the previous version of the report.