Title and statement of responsibility area
International Dining Room
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Physical description area
0.5 cm of textual records
3.5 cm of graphic records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
In the 1951-1952 course calendar the Ryerson Institute of Technology offered a diploma in Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Administration. The diploma was administered by the School of Institution and Home Management. In 1953 it became its own school - School of Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Administration. In 1958 the school came under the Business Division. In 1966 the Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Administration program became an option under the Business Administration diploma and in 1969 it's name changes to Hotel and Restaurant Administration.
In in 1971 it became its own department again - Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Administration (HRIA) with the Diploma's name changing to reflect the departmental name. The department was under the Business Division. Starting in 1973 HRIA began offering a Bachelor of Applied Arts (BAA) in Hotel and Tourism Management along with the HRIA diploma. The degree's name changed to Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) in 1978, and in 1980 the department's name changed to that as well. The diploma remained the same. Ryerson established faculties in 1983 and the department became the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management within the Faculty of Business. Starting in 1989, the HRIA diploma name changed to Hospitality and Tourism Management. This continued until 1997 when the diploma program was discontinued.
In 2001 the degree designation changed from a Bachelor of Applied Arts (BAA) to a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom). The name of the Faculty of Business changed in 2008 to reflect a large donation made to the University by Ted and Loretta Rogers. The faculty became The Ted Rogers School of Management, and the school The Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. In 2015 the program began offering a co-operative education option for students.
Scope and content
The International Dining Room was a facililty for third year hospitality students to demonstrate their management and culinary skills. The room was open September to May and served lunch, from various regions and countries, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. At times they served dinners, and morning snacks as well.
The sub-series contains memos, brochures, schedules, reports, and menus.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Partially Restricted. Some or all of the records may be subject to restrictions. An archivist must review the records prior to your visit.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Contact Archives regarding use, reproduction, and publication.
No further accruals are expected.