- Photographic equipment, 547 results
- image making equipment, 547 results
- Kodak Canada Ltd., 409 results
- Kodak camera, 312 results
- Photography--Studios and dark rooms, 267 results
- Built Environment (hierarchy name), 266 results
- Single Built Works (hierarchy name), 265 results
- single built works (built environment), 265 results
- Cameras (photographic equipment), 264 results
- Photography (process), 235 results
North and Central America
- Within the logic of TGN,
- Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
North and Central America
- UF North America
- UF Central America
North and Central America
4955 Archival description results for North and Central America
4 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- [July] 1985
Photograph of the exterior of a high rise apartment building that has been retrofitted by Westeel. The new exterior cladding is advertised as thermally efficient and durably constructed, and was featured in a Spec Sheet for Preformed Metal Siding in Canadian Architect magazine for July 1985.
- [May] 1963
Interior views of a townhouse designed by Jerome Markson (owner & architect), showing living room with fireplace and wood panneled ceiling, and exterior views of brick patio in the rear of the house.
- [ca. 1980]
Architect's model of the building. Sticker on back of photograph reads: Model of the Homeworld mega centre in Metropolitan Toronto, looking north towards Highway 401. The semi-translucent fibreglass dome will measure 240X240 feet and soar 120 feet from ground level. Photo credit: Zeidler Roberts Partnership/ Architects. Information: 416 968 2100."
- [ca. 1972]
Renovation and addition to a heritage property located at 2 Gloucester Street in Toronto. The original Masonic building was constructed in 1888. The addition to this building won a Canadian Architect Award of Excellence in 1972.
- [May] 1971
The gas works building located at 251 Front St., built in 1887-1888, belonged to the Consumers Gas Company and produced gas for light fixtures. It was known as Purifying House No. 2. The file contains an image of the interior of the building being gutted. The basilica-style interior space is evident in the empty room. In 1985, The Canadian Opera Company purchased the buildings north of the lane and commenced an comprehensive $10 million restoration program with Bregman, Hamann and Arcop Associates. It would later house the Imperial Oil Opera Theatre and the Joey and Toby Tanenbaum Opera Centre.
- [May] 1987
Architect's model of the stepped library building, with arched main entrance, an atrium connecting six floors, curved staircases, and semi-circular balconies. Design by Moriyama and Teshima. Adhered to the same paper backing is a photo of an artist's illustration of the Crown Life building by Bregman + Hamann.
- [May] 1988
Aerial views of the Gothic Revival castle located at 1 Austin Terrace in Toronto, and a small colour photograph of the base of the Baldwin steps, named for the original landowner and former premier of Ontario Robert Baldwin, a public pathway which connects two sections of Spadina Road and is often used by visitors to the historic castle.
- [September] 1986
One small colour photograph in which the sign "Hotel Admiral" is visible on the roof of the building. The two black and white prints show the hotel under construction. The building was purchased by Radisson and became the Radisson Admiral Hotel.
- [ca. 1970]
Photograph of the front lawn and porch of a house on Broadview Avenue. A concrete footpath has been laid from the sidewalk to the front porch, designed to circle around the base of a tree in the way.
- [ca. 1970]
Photograph of the interior of a restaurant located on the ground floor of an office building in downtown Toronto. A stamp on the back of the photograph gives the architects as Baron Myers Associates.
Photograph of the extension built onto the back of the Georgian heritage property. The addition won the Award for Residential Design in 1971 from the Canadian Housing Design Council. Text on the back of the photograph gives extracts of Jury report.
- [April] 1983
2 contact sheets with 8 black and white images of the exterior and interior of 45 and 47 Front street, which comprise part of a larger commerical building originally constructed in 1872-3 by Walter Strickland. The cast iron front elevation is original; the interiors were refitted by Stone & Kohn in the early 1980s. Alternate titles include: Beardmore Building, Griffiths Building
- [ca. 1967-9]
Black and white photographs of an office tower. 3 of the 4 photographs were printed by Panda Associates Photography and have the company's stamp on the verso.
Panda Associates Photography and Art Services
- [February] 1968
Exterior view of the single-storey concrete school building, taken in winter, and two interior views of classrooms. 1 classroom with students, 1 art room, empty and cluttered.
Jowett, Henry Roger
- [February] 1984
Exterior view of restaurant with glass atrium and steel(?) roof. Signs for "Pappr's good eats" and "St. Hubert Bar-B-Q" in the foreground. Designed for Northeast Land Incorporated by E.D.A. Collaborative Inc., Landscape Architects and Alfred Szeto Architect. Building was located at Finch Avenue, East of Kennedy Road in Toronto.
Photographic reproduction of an architectural elevation on postcard backing. The original stucco cottage built in 1853 was renovated twice by the original owner, Paul Kane. It was owned by the Kane family until 1903, then it was briefly used as a church hall by the Evangelical Church of the Deaf. The property was leased by the Church-Isabella Residents Co-operative Inc. in 1985 and incorporated into a larger residential development.
(Information taken from Toronto Historical Board plaque on property.)
- [July] 1987
Illustrations showing an idealized reconstruction of the section of the Gardiner Expressway between Bathurst Street and Sunnyside Pavilion (near the base of Parkside Drive), extending to the waterfront. Drawings include the addition of a new waterfront park, viewing platforms hung under the raised expressway, Front Street is extended to the west, and an amusement pier at Sunnyside. The designs were commissioned as part of an OAA Charrette, and the images were published in the July 1987 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.
- [March] 1971, [February] 1972
Photographs of buildings constructed under the SEF (Study of Educational Facilities) program by the Metropolitan School Board. These buildings were featured In the article "SEF - A Critical Evaluation" published in Canadian Architect, February 1972, pp.26-33. The buildings are used as a critique of the SEF program by prominent Toronto Architects, including:Howard V. Walker, Ronald M. Glaiser, W. T. Pentland, George A. Robb, John N. Shaw, and Alan Wilcox. The buildings themselves are not named in the article, but Denlow Public School, Brooks Road Junior Public School, and Don Valley Junior High School have been identified. Articles on SEF also appeared in Canadian Architect, December 1969 and April 1971.
- [May] 1972
Exterior view of a high rise residential building. A piece of paper adhered to verso gives details of the Canadian Housing Design Council Award for Residential Design that this building received in 1971. Extract from Jury report: "The jury admired the planning approach which resulted in the living groups formed by the plan of this building. It is a good, competant structure which is clean in appearance, positive and strong. Its relationship to the street is very good." Designer: Elmar Tampold, J. Malcolm Wells Architects. The building is located at the corner of Bloor Street and Madison Avenue in Toronto and is a co-ed housing complex for post-secondary students, founded by the Estonian community in Toronto.
- [May] 1971
Photograph of the exterior of a three storey office building located at 1883 Yonge Street in Toronto. An article on the building was published in the December 1970 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.
- [April] 1970
Photograph of the main entrance to the brick office building at 170 Merton Street in Toronto. The building was donated in 1969 by the W. Garfield Weston Foundation in memory of Mrs. Garfield Weston, a V.H.A. client.
- [August] 1968
Exterior views of the recreation centre and classrooms.
- [ca. 1980-1983]
Exterior and aerial views of an office and retail building. Construction lasted from 1981-1985.
- [ca. 1964]
View of a bridge in the park. Photograph is stamped on the back: "This is the property of Raymond Moriyama, Architect." E. T. Seton Park is located in the Central Don area of the West Don River valley, south of Eglinton Avenue East. The parkland was acquired from the Flemingdon Development Corporation in the 1960's for the Metropolitan Toronto Zoo, which was eventually built in the Rouge Valley. Beginning July 1, 1965, the Province of Ontario leased the north-east corner of the park from the former Metropolitan Toronto for ninety-nine years to operate the Ontario Science Centre.
- [August] 1968; [November] 1972
Exterior photographs of a multi-storey concrete building with observatory towers.
N. & H. Studio
- [April] 1985
Photographs of the interior and exterior of the pink brick building, designed as a series of 5 separate buildings. Views include a theatre with hardwood and granite floors, hallways, stairwells, an indoor pool area with coffered ceiling, outdoor track, and aerial views of the building.