multiple dwellings

Taxonomia

Código

300005703

Nota(s) de âmbito

Nota(s) da fonte

  • Getty Art & Architecture Thesaurus

Mostrar nota(s)

Termos hierárquicos

multiple dwellings

multiple dwellings

Termos equivalentes

multiple dwellings

Termos associados

multiple dwellings

31 Descrição arquivística results for multiple dwellings

Alexandra Park housing cooperative

Two photographs of the exterior of a low-rise public housing development. Built between 1964-68 by the Ontario Housing Corporation. The housing complex is located in the city block bounded by Dundas Street, Spadina Avenue, Queen Street West and Bathurst Street. A stamp on the back of the photograph gives the photographer as Roger Jowett.

Jowett, Roger

Avoca Apartments

Building located at 10 Avoca Ave in Summerhill neighbourhood of Toronto, Canada. File contains 3 photographs and 1 typed note describing the apartment development: 2 exterior views of the two residential towers and 1 interior view. Stamped by the photographer: Panda photography, and one of the prints is also stamped with the Canadian Housing Design Council logo.

Panda/Croydon Associates

Clintwood co-operative

Photograph of a low-rise residential co-operative housing complex located at 1974 Victoira Park Avenue in Toronto. A piece of paper adhered to the verso of the photograph gives deails of the 1962 CHDC National Award competition for Multiple housing.

Newton, Neil

15 McMurrich street condominiums, Toronto

Photograph of a design concept drawing for the McMurrich Street Condominiums, a joint venture by the Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited and Belmont Construction Company Limited. A piece of paper is taped to the back of the photograph.

Nash house

Interior and exterior views of a single family dwelling, a Queen Anne Victorian townhouse with third storey addition and 1960s interior remodeling. Rounded, stuccoed walls and wood panneling can be found in the interior.

Jones, Edward

Garden Court Apartments

Exterior photographs of an art-deco low-rise apartment building in a manicured landscape, with ivy-covered cottages behind the main gate. Completed around 1939-41, this apartment complex covers a 5.5-acre site located in the Leaside nieghbourhood of Toronto at 1477 Bayview Avenue. The apartment buildings are grouped around a large, central courtyard, landscaped by Dunington-Grubb and Stensson. The building plans eliminated long corridors by having separate entrances and stairways serving four to six apartments, and each apartment extends from one side of the building to the other. Architectural drawings for The Garden Court Apartments are in the Page and Steele Collection at the Archives of Ontario. Five original drawings for the landscape survive in the Dunington-Grubb/Stensson Collection at the University of Guelph.

Kettle, John

The Towne

Exterior views of a high-rise apartment building with concrete balconies, and one photograph of the model. One photograph of the streetcorner (in colour) shows a 3-dimensional geometrical sign.

Panda/Croydon Associates

Village Terraces

Illustration of a housing complex with brick high-rise tower and townhouses, constructed at 260 Heath Street West in Toronto.

Canadian Architect

St. Lawrence neighbourhood, Toronto - MISSING

Aerial views of the St. Lawrence neighbourhood, a group of townhouses clustered around interior loop roads buffered from adjacent traffic arteries by higher density apartments containing street level retail arcades and with a linear promenade park strip along its entire length. The images were reproduced in an article on the St. Lawrence neighbourhood in the June 1981 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.

Manulife Centre

Aerial view of the 51 storey mixed-use office and residential tower located at 44 Charles Street West in Toronto.

King's Landing

Architect's model and exterior view of finished high rise residential condominium located at 480 Queens Quay West in Toronto, designed with stepped levels and walls of glass windows.

Lenscape Incorporated

Flemingdon Park apartments

Photographs of the exterior of a planned community in Toronto, with both high rise and townhouse structures. Views of the highrise block under construction. One interior view of a living room and dining room inside one of the two-storey townhouses.

Green, Seymour

Edgeley in the Village

Exterior views of a two-storey brick townhouse complex, with one view of a shopping arcade on the main level of a section of the buildings.

Brimley Acres

Exterior view of a mid-rise apartment building. Photograph is stamped "Photograph by Leonard Tomiczek Photography", and also "Received Mar 2 1961 Jackson Ypes Associates".

Tomiczek, Leonard

44-46 Castle Frank road, Toronto

Photograph of a series of semi-detached houses. A piece of paper taped on the back of the photograph gives the location, designer, owner and the award decision from the Canadian Housing Design Council in Ottawa: National Design Award 1969. The photographer's stamp gives the studio as: N. & H. Studio.

N. & H. Studio

Toronto, St. Lawrence neighbourhood apartments

Photographs of the exterior of an apartment complex, including aerial views, walkways between buildings and construction views. Two illustrations show the proposed central green space between buildings and the placement of the apartments on a map.

Regent Park Apartments, South Complex

Exterior perspective view of apartment building, night scene. Built shortly after the Second World War, Regent Park was a leading-edge design, providing affordable housing to 7,500 people.

James, Arthur

Toronto, Tartu College [student residence]

Exterior view of a high rise residential building. A piece of paper adhered to verso gives details of the Canadian Housing Design Council Award for Residential Design that this building received in 1971. Extract from Jury report: "The jury admired the planning approach which resulted in the living groups formed by the plan of this building. It is a good, competant structure which is clean in appearance, positive and strong. Its relationship to the street is very good." Designer: Elmar Tampold, J. Malcolm Wells Architects. The building is located at the corner of Bloor Street and Madison Avenue in Toronto and is a co-ed housing complex for post-secondary students, founded by the Estonian community in Toronto.

Panda/Croydon Associates

McCleary Towers

Photograph of the exterior of a high rise apartment building that has been retrofitted by Westeel. The new exterior cladding is advertised as thermally efficient and durably constructed, and was featured in a Spec Sheet for Preformed Metal Siding in Canadian Architect magazine for July 1985.

Paul Kane house

Photographic reproduction of an architectural elevation on postcard backing. The original stucco cottage built in 1853 was renovated twice by the original owner, Paul Kane. It was owned by the Kane family until 1903, then it was briefly used as a church hall by the Evangelical Church of the Deaf. The property was leased by the Church-Isabella Residents Co-operative Inc. in 1985 and incorporated into a larger residential development.
(Information taken from Toronto Historical Board plaque on property.)