Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Attributions and conjectures: taken from object
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[September] 1985; [September] 1986 (Creation)
- Lenscape Incorporated
Physical description area
2 photographs : col., b&w
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Lenscape Incorporated was founded in 1981 by two photographers, Elizabeth Jones and Pedro Ho, to provide photography and presentation services to architectural firms and construction companies using their own photography lab and studio, located at 645 King Street East in Toronto. Throughout the 1980s, the company grew to become the largest purely architectural photography business of its kind in Canada. In 1986, they relocated to a larger space at 222 Eastern Avenue to accommodate the growth in their company. Lenscape documented project sites in Ontario, throughout Canada, and globally.
The 1990s witnessed the proliferation of digital photography and Lenscape responded by switching their focus from print to digital images. These changes precipitated a steady decrease in staff until 2001, when the co-founders split. Pedro Ho left the company to pursue digital printing while Elizabeth Jones continued Lenscape and focused on print-based images. Lenscape remained committed to film until 2006, when client demands for digital images dictated the total adoption of digital photography.
Project files pertaining to work performed by Lenscape for specific clients are found at the Archives of Ontario in the Lenscape Incorporated fonds, F 4593.
Scope and content
Architect's model and exterior view of finished high rise residential condominium located at 480 Queens Quay West in Toronto, designed with stepped levels and walls of glass windows.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Open. Records are available for consultation without restriction.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Handwritten on verso in blue pencil: King's Landing 41%. In orange: Sept 85. Another photograph has Sept 86 written on verso. Photogrpaher's stamp: Lenscape Incorporated.
Standard number area
Subject access points
- Built Environment (hierarchy name) » Single Built Works (hierarchy name) » single built works (built environment) » residential structures » Dwellings
- Built Environment (hierarchy name) » Single Built Works (hierarchy name) » single built works (built environment) » <single built works by specific type> » <single built works by ownership> » condominiums (built works)
- Built Environment (hierarchy name) » Single Built Works (hierarchy name) » single built works (built environment) » <single built works by specific type> » <single built works by form> » <single built works by form: height> » multistory buildings » high-rise buildings
- Built Environment (hierarchy name) » Single Built Works (hierarchy name) » single built works (built environment) » residential structures » Dwellings » multiple dwellings » Apartment houses