Title and statement of responsibility area
The Delta Hotel-Sheraton Corporation Hotel Computer Training Laboratory
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
- Multiple media
Title statements of responsibility
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
0.25 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
In the 1951-1952 course calendar the Ryerson Institute of Technology offered a diploma in Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Administration. The diploma was administered by the School of Institution and Home Management. In 1953 it became its own school - School of Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Administration. In 1958 the school came under the Business Division. In 1966 the Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Administration program became an option under the Business Administration diploma and in 1969 it's name changes to Hotel and Restaurant Administration.
In in 1971 it became its own department again - Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Administration (HRIA) with the Diploma's name changing to reflect the departmental name. The department was under the Business Division. Starting in 1973 HRIA began offering a Bachelor of Applied Arts (BAA) in Hotel and Tourism Management along with the HRIA diploma. The degree's name changed to Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) in 1978, and in 1980 the department's name changed to that as well. The diploma remained the same. Ryerson established faculties in 1983 and the department became the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management within the Faculty of Business. Starting in 1989, the HRIA diploma name changed to Hospitality and Tourism Management. This continued until 1997 when the diploma program was discontinued.
In 2001 the degree designation changed from a Bachelor of Applied Arts (BAA) to a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom). The name of the Faculty of Business changed in 2008 to reflect a large donation made to the University by Ted and Loretta Rogers. The faculty became The Ted Rogers School of Management, and the school The Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. In 2015 the program began offering a co-operative education option for students.
Bereik en inhoud
The Hospitality and Tourism Delta Hotels-Sheraton Corporation Hotel Computer Training Laboratory was officially opened on November 12, 1981. The laboratory's purpose was front of house hotel training furnished with an identical computer system used by medium and large hotel chains. The lab was located in the old business building at 285 Victoria Street.
The sub-series contains newsclippings, press releases, and objects related to the training lab.
Directe bron van verwerving
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
Open. Records are available for consultation without restriction.
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
Contact Archives regarding use, reproduction, and publication.