Showing 1325 results

Archival description
The Wellesley Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae Association fonds
Print preview View:

1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Nursing Office and co-ordinators

File contains photographs of a variety of Wellesley Hospital Nursing office supervisor's and co-ordinators and the Nursing office. Included in the photographs are: Carol Moorhead; Diane Davies; Liz Anders; Dorothy Elines; M. Waldebauer, co-ordinator of medical and surgical nursing services; Barbara Willis, co-ordinator of medical and surgical nursing services; and M. Bruner [Burner?].

Nurses' week

File contains photographs related to Nurses' Week and Wellesley Hospital. The majority of the photographs relate to Nurses' Week 1984 held May 1 - 7. There is a photograph of an informational display about nurses and 3 photographs of drawings submitted to the poster contest sponsored by the Ontario Nurses Association for children of Wellesley staff. The photographs of the contest winners were published in the July 1984 edition of Lion's Tale staff newsletter.
The other two photographs are of a drawing from the 1985 Nurses' Week poster contest; and a photograph of Nurse Sally Martin modelling in the fashion show that was part of the 1986 Nurses' Week events (Published in the August 1986 edition of Lion's Tale).

July 24, 1984

File contains photographs of what appears to be several different events. Unclear if the date on the original envelope pertains to all of them.
Photographs include the Golf Tournament, a nursing event, a visit to the hospital by an unknown man and woman and other events.

Sod turning for Nurses' residence

Photograph taken at the sod turning ceremony for the new nurses' residence. In the photograph are Dr. Herbert Bruce, Hospital founder; Nurse Patricia James, Presiden of the Student Nurses' Association; Elsie K. Jones, Director of Nursing; Hiram McCallum, Toronto mayor; and Norman C. Urquhart, Chairman of the Board of Toronto General Hospital. Photograph was published in "The Lion's Tale" by Joan Hollobon.

Miscellaneous photographs

File contains a series of miscellaneous photographs. Three of the prints are of a spread of nursing magazines; one is of an "Innovations in Nursing" display in the hospital's front lobby; one is a composite with the central image of the nurses choir with smaller images of older people; and the final photograph is of six children in the yard of a house. Inscription on the back reads "Housing".

Toronto Sun donation

Colour photograph taken at "SUNdays" at Woodbine racetrack. In the photograph Sam Lima, Vice-President of the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association; Joyce Bailey; Ted Medland; Paul Godfrey, Toronto Sun publisher; Gina Godfrey; and Jack Kenny, President of the Ontario Jockey Club. They are all holding a cheque for $135, 000 for The Wellesley Hospital.

Dr. Charles B. Brown photographs

A series of photographs of The Wellesley Hospital and Toronto General Hospital staff members. Photographs were given to Dorothea Elines by the widow of Dr. Charles B. Brown of Toronto General Hospital Dr. Brown passed away 1999. Between 1948 and 1959 The Wellesley Hospital became a division of Toronto General Hospital. A letter accompanied the photographs and identifies some of the people in the photographs - Dorothy Eden, Dr. J. Edward Mullens, Donal M_____, and Art Squires.

Brown, Charles B., Dr.

The Wellesley Hospital year in review/annual report

Year in Review and later annual reports put out by the Wellesley Hospital and its Board of Governors. Included in the file are:
Year in Review 1976 (1)
Year in Review 1977-1978 (1)
Year in Review 1980-1981 (1)
Year in Review 1982-1983 (1)
Year in Review 1983-1984 (1)
Annual Report 1985-1986 (1)
Annual Report 1987-1988 (1)
Annual Report 1989-1990 (2)
Annual Report 1991-1992 supplement (1)

Report of The Wellesley-Ryerson Project on the Buddy System

A project committee consisting of convenors Virginia Sinnott of the The Wellesley Hospital and Gail Gitterman of the Department of Nursing at Ryerson Polytechnical Institute, other members from The Wellesley Hospital: Gwedolone Nore, Robin Gardner, Joan Bedard, Karen Williamson, Sandra Dix, Cathy Patterson, and Deane Heibein. The committee studied a pilot project "The Buddy System" in The Wellesley Hospital's Medical-Surgical units. The project paired new graduates with a mentor. The project lasted 6 months.

Gardner, Robin

Hospital information

File contains brochures created to give the reader information about the hospital as a whole. Included are four brochures from 1967 designed to be a "tour" of the hospital, and brochures from 1976, 1976, and 1988 that would have been given to people coming to The Wellesley for treatment.

Twenty-five Year club

File contains programs for the Hospital's 25 year club celebrations. First introduced in 1969, the dinner has been held almost every year since then. Included are two programs from the May 9, 1988 dinner held at the Four Season's Hotel, one from the May 4, 1993 event also held at the Four Season's hotel, and one from the September 30, 1997 dinner held at The King Edward Hotel.

The Wellesley Hospital Medical and Research Centre events

The Wellesley Hospital Medical and Research Centre began construction in 1964, with the demolition of the original Hospital Building "Homewood". The cornerstone laying ceremony was held Wednesday May 19, 1965. The building was officially opened October 10, 1967.
File contains invitations and programs for the cornerstone laying ceremony and the official opening of the building.

Official Opening of the Edmund C. Bovey Lithotripsy Unit

The Edmund C. Bovey Lithotripsy Unit officially opened at The Wellesley Hospital on Tuesday January 19, 1988. The unit was a University of Toronto program being run at The Wellesley.
File contains a Wellesley Hospital folder labelled "Miss G. Sinnott". Inside the folder are two brochures and a two page informational packet about the lithotripsy machine. Also in the folder is an invitation to the opening.

Wellesley Central site closing

In 1998 when the Wellesley Central Hospital closed its medical departments and clinics were moved under the umbrella of St. Michael's Hospital. The Wellesey Central Hospital became the Wellesley Central site. On July 5, 2001 the final inpatient department was moved from the Wellesley site to St. Michael's Hospital on Bond Street. On July 18, 2001 a garden party, sponsered by St. Michael's Hospital and the Wellesley Central Health Corporation (WCHC), to commemorate the official closing of the site. The site would revert back to WCHC on July 31, 2001.
The file contains an invitation and a programme from the July 18, 2001 garden party. It also contains a special edition of the St. Michael's Hospital newsletter In Touch - "A Tribute to the Wellesley Central Site".

St. Michael's Hospital

Transfer of Schools of Nursing to Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology

Series contains correspondence, reports and associated materials relating to the transfer of Schools of Nursing from the Hospitals to the Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology. The majority of the materials relate specifically to the transfer of The Wellesley Hospital School of Nursing to Ryerson Polytechnical Institute.

Correspondence - Nursing diplomas and Colleges and Applied Arts and Technology

File of correspondence between The Wellesley Hospital's Executive Director G. E. Thornton and Ontario's Minister of Health A. B. R. Lawrence, and between A. B. R. Lawrence and Donald MacIntyre, president of the Ontario Council of Administrators of Teaching Hospitals. Correspondence regarding the relationship between diploma Nursing schools and Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology.

Thornton, G. E.

Correspondence - funding changes

File of correspondence sent to Chairmen of Public Hospital Boards, Administrators of Public Hospitals, Chairmen and Directors of Regional Schools of Nursing, Chairmen of other Educational Institutions financed by O. H. S. C. from the Minister of Health, and the Ontario Hospital Services Commission. Correspondence is regarding the changing of the financing of educational programs.

Nursing School libraries

Correspondence, meeting minutes, and accompanying material regarding the Nursing School libraries. The majority of the materials relate to the re-classification of the School of Nursing libraries from National Library of Medicine system to the Library of Congress for their move into the Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology.
The file also contains meeting minutes and reports of the Ryerson Polytechnical Institute Nursing Department's sub-committee on internal resources regarding the coming together of the libraries.

Report of the Nursing Task Force at Ryerson Polytechnical Institute

The Nursing Task Force at Ryerson Polytechnical Institute was organized in response to the January 1973 memorandum regarding the integration of Hospital School's of Nursing into Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology. The task force formed in July of 1973. Ryerson Vice President Administration George Korey was the chairman and was composted of representatives all institutions involved. It's purpose was to guide the integration of the nursing schools from The Wellesley Hospital, Sick Children's Hospital, and Women's College Hospital into Ryerson's nursing program. Three working committees were established: Committee on Curriculum and Clinical Facilities; Committee on Teacher-student Affairs and Internal Resources; and Administrative and Finance Committee all overseen by an executive committee.
File contains a copy of the final report of the task force published in January of 1974, and one copy of appendix f - Nursing Task Force meeting minutes.

Clinical Facilities for Student Nurse experience

File contains information on the consolidation of Hospital Nursing Schools into Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology.
The majority of the material relates to agreements between Ryerson Polytechnical Institute and The Wellesley Hospital regarding the use of hospital space for student nursing clinical experience. Included in the file are draft and final agreements between Ryerson's Board of Governors and The Wellesley Hospital's Board of Governors; correspondence, and draft agreements from other institutions.
Also in the file is a copy of the Province of Ontario's guidelines for the transition of diploma nursing education into Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology, and correspondence regarding the Nursing Task Force.

Toronto General Hospital

The Toronto General Hospital. On August 25, 1948, The Wellesley Hospital amalgamated with Toronto General Hospital - becoming the Wellesley Division of Toronto General Hospital. They would remain that way until 1960, when Wellesley became an independent hospital once again.
Series contains materials relating to the Toronto General Hospital, and to its amalgamation with The Wellesley.

A Greater Hospital - commemorating the opening of the new extensions including the new private patients' pavilion Toronto General Hospital

A commemorative booklet "A Greater Hospital" created to celebrate the opening of the new hospital extensions at Toronto General Hospital between April 21-26, 1930. The booklet has a brief history of the hospital and information about the new buildings. Booklet includes photographs.

Bill 102 - An act respecting the Toronto General Hospital and The Wellesley Hospital

A photocopy of Bill 102 - an act respecting the Toronto General Hospital and The Wellesley Hospital. The act separated the two hospitals (which had amalgamated in 1948), leaving The Wellesley an independent institution once again. The first reading of the bill was March 11, the second March 21, and the final March 24.

Dorothy Eden speeches, 1973

Cassette tape of Dorothy Eden reading two of her speeches given in 1973. The first is a speech given during a celebration of her career at The Wellesley on August 1, 1973. The second speech was originally given August 8, 1973 at the School's graduation exercises. It is unclear as to when the tape was recorded.

Eden, Dorothy

Soup bowl with lid

White and blue china soup bowl with attached plate and separate lid. Blue line and flower pattern around rim of plate, bowl and lid. The Wellesley Hospital coat of arms on one side of lid and bowl. Small handles on either side of bowl embellished with gold.

Theodore Haviland Limoges

Results 401 to 500 of 1325