Mostrando 124 resultados

Descripción archivística
Ontario Single Built Works (hierarchy name)
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

11 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Garden Court Apartments

Exterior photographs of an art-deco low-rise apartment building in a manicured landscape, with ivy-covered cottages behind the main gate. Completed around 1939-41, this apartment complex covers a 5.5-acre site located in the Leaside nieghbourhood of Toronto at 1477 Bayview Avenue. The apartment buildings are grouped around a large, central courtyard, landscaped by Dunington-Grubb and Stensson. The building plans eliminated long corridors by having separate entrances and stairways serving four to six apartments, and each apartment extends from one side of the building to the other. Architectural drawings for The Garden Court Apartments are in the Page and Steele Collection at the Archives of Ontario. Five original drawings for the landscape survive in the Dunington-Grubb/Stensson Collection at the University of Guelph.

Kettle, John

Avoca Apartments

Building located at 10 Avoca Ave in Summerhill neighbourhood of Toronto, Canada. File contains 3 photographs and 1 typed note describing the apartment development: 2 exterior views of the two residential towers and 1 interior view. Stamped by the photographer: Panda photography, and one of the prints is also stamped with the Canadian Housing Design Council logo.

Panda/Croydon Associates

44-46 Castle Frank road, Toronto

Photograph of a series of semi-detached houses. A piece of paper taped on the back of the photograph gives the location, designer, owner and the award decision from the Canadian Housing Design Council in Ottawa: National Design Award 1969. The photographer's stamp gives the studio as: N. & H. Studio.

N. & H. Studio

St. Lawrence neighbourhood, Toronto - MISSING

Aerial views of the St. Lawrence neighbourhood, a group of townhouses clustered around interior loop roads buffered from adjacent traffic arteries by higher density apartments containing street level retail arcades and with a linear promenade park strip along its entire length. The images were reproduced in an article on the St. Lawrence neighbourhood in the June 1981 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.

[Ontario: dumping rocks]

glossy gsp with white border. Dump truck dumping pieces of rock in a pile at the edge of a river near a small bridge. Verso bottom right, black ink stamp: "C.A. Love Druggist, Jun 8 - 1944, Ingersoll, Ont. Guaranteed Photo Finishing." Verso bottom left, pencil: "5"

WWI family album

Brown cloth cover with gold embossed letters- "Photographs." Black pages with photographs mounted with glue. Notation on photo borders with black ink. Sewn binding. Photographs are mostly family snapshots of people, sometimes with automobiles or in uniform from the Northcote family. Also included are images of golfing, bridges, fishing, horse riding, camping, farms, cattle, sheep, chicken coops, horse drawn sleigh, the beach, trees, houses, dogs, trains, children, biking, deer and wagons. Three newspaper articles are pasted in. One about the Northcote family (mother, six sons and two daughters) all serving in the war, one about Pte. Wm. Clements dying in battle, and one of Corporal Northcote being the first Royal Engineer to be awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal.

Portraits and houses album

Red leather cover. Spine detaching from cover. Black pages.

Themes include portraits, houses and churches, farm life, early cameras, early cars, early trains, early bikes, steamboats, waterscapes.

Includes a photograph of the steamboat Argyle [formerly The Empress of India, built in 1876; rebuilt/renamed in 1899/1902 (conflict among sources); renamed Frontier in 1912]. See < maritimehistoryofthegreatlakes.ca > search "Argyle steamboat".

Toronto, St. Lawrence neighbourhood apartments

Photographs of the exterior of an apartment complex, including aerial views, walkways between buildings and construction views. Two illustrations show the proposed central green space between buildings and the placement of the apartments on a map.

Alexandra Park housing cooperative

Two photographs of the exterior of a low-rise public housing development. Built between 1964-68 by the Ontario Housing Corporation. The housing complex is located in the city block bounded by Dundas Street, Spadina Avenue, Queen Street West and Bathurst Street. A stamp on the back of the photograph gives the photographer as Roger Jowett.

Jowett, Roger

Brimley Acres

Exterior view of a mid-rise apartment building. Photograph is stamped "Photograph by Leonard Tomiczek Photography", and also "Received Mar 2 1961 Jackson Ypes Associates".

Tomiczek, Leonard

Edgeley in the Village

Exterior views of a two-storey brick townhouse complex, with one view of a shopping arcade on the main level of a section of the buildings.

Village Terraces

Illustration of a housing complex with brick high-rise tower and townhouses, constructed at 260 Heath Street West in Toronto.

Canadian Architect

The Towne

Exterior views of a high-rise apartment building with concrete balconies, and one photograph of the model. One photograph of the streetcorner (in colour) shows a 3-dimensional geometrical sign.

Panda/Croydon Associates

Nash house

Interior and exterior views of a single family dwelling, a Queen Anne Victorian townhouse with third storey addition and 1960s interior remodeling. Rounded, stuccoed walls and wood panneling can be found in the interior.

Jones, Edward

Clintwood co-operative

Photograph of a low-rise residential co-operative housing complex located at 1974 Victoira Park Avenue in Toronto. A piece of paper adhered to the verso of the photograph gives deails of the 1962 CHDC National Award competition for Multiple housing.

Newton, Neil

Flemingdon Park apartments

Photographs of the exterior of a planned community in Toronto, with both high rise and townhouse structures. Views of the highrise block under construction. One interior view of a living room and dining room inside one of the two-storey townhouses.

Green, Seymour

King's Landing

Architect's model and exterior view of finished high rise residential condominium located at 480 Queens Quay West in Toronto, designed with stepped levels and walls of glass windows.

Lenscape Incorporated

Regent Park Apartments, South Complex

Exterior perspective view of apartment building, night scene. Built shortly after the Second World War, Regent Park was a leading-edge design, providing affordable housing to 7,500 people.

James, Arthur

15 McMurrich street condominiums, Toronto

Photograph of a design concept drawing for the McMurrich Street Condominiums, a joint venture by the Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited and Belmont Construction Company Limited. A piece of paper is taped to the back of the photograph.

Manulife Centre

Aerial view of the 51 storey mixed-use office and residential tower located at 44 Charles Street West in Toronto.

McCleary Towers

Photograph of the exterior of a high rise apartment building that has been retrofitted by Westeel. The new exterior cladding is advertised as thermally efficient and durably constructed, and was featured in a Spec Sheet for Preformed Metal Siding in Canadian Architect magazine for July 1985.

Toronto, Tartu College [student residence]

Exterior view of a high rise residential building. A piece of paper adhered to verso gives details of the Canadian Housing Design Council Award for Residential Design that this building received in 1971. Extract from Jury report: "The jury admired the planning approach which resulted in the living groups formed by the plan of this building. It is a good, competant structure which is clean in appearance, positive and strong. Its relationship to the street is very good." Designer: Elmar Tampold, J. Malcolm Wells Architects. The building is located at the corner of Bloor Street and Madison Avenue in Toronto and is a co-ed housing complex for post-secondary students, founded by the Estonian community in Toronto.

Panda/Croydon Associates

Quadrangle Architects: 6 projects

File consists of 32 photographs of projects completed by Quadrangle Architects in Toronto. These include: 5 Rosehill, GAP Bloor Street, St. James (King and Jarvis), the Candy Factory lofts, Toronto Film Studios, G & W, and the Duke condos.

Burley, Robert

Halifax house

File consists of 21 images of the interior and exterior of a 2-story farmhouse with barn and surrounding gardens. Views include kitchen, bathrooms, living room, barn, garden, and home exterior.

Burley, Robert

Quess Homes, 4 projects

File consists of 18 images of the interior of custom-built luxury homes by Quess Homes. Views include living rooms, fireplaces, a kitchen, libraries, and a bedroom.

Burley, Robert

Harbour Terrace, Queen's Quay

Photographs of the architect's models. This building was given an Award of Merit by the Governor General's Awards for Architecture in 1990, and an Award of Excellence by the Ontario Association of Architects Awards in 1988.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Canada Trust building

Height approx. 263.0m, completed 1968. Building is located at 110 Yonge Street in Toronto. View of the main entrance. This building was designated a heritage property in 1990.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

Row Housing : Don Mills

Exterior views of a townhouse complex, with bachelor apartments or garages on the lower level and two storey dwellings stacked above.

Shawcroft, B.

Hotel Admiral, 249 Queen's Quay west, Toronto

One small colour photograph in which the sign "Hotel Admiral" is visible on the roof of the building. The two black and white prints show the hotel under construction. The building was purchased by Radisson and became the Radisson Admiral Hotel.

James, Arthur

59 Dunloe road, Toronto

Colour photographs, many adhered to a paper backing, of the exterior and interior of a private residence in Toronto, showing the renovations to the two storey brick home. Views include backyard deck, fireplace, doorhandles and stair rails.

37, 39 & 41 Heath Street West, Toronto

Exterior views of Victorian row houses originally built in the 1880s, altered in 1981. The house was first owned by Alfred Hoskin, a barrister, and is referred to in the Canadian Architect magazine issue for October 1985 as "Hoskin House".

Toronto, Hilton Hotel

Architect's model for a hotel tower on the South side of Queen Street, situated across from Nathan Phillips Square and Toronto City Hall. Published in an article in Canadian Architect magazine indicating this was the winning design. The location is now home to the Four Seasons Sheraton Hotel.

Jowett, Roger

Scotia Plaza

Architect's model for the Scotiabank office tower at the corner of King and Yonge Streets in downtown Toronto. The design incorporates the historic Bank of Nova Scotia head office building at 44 King Street West, which was designed by architects Mathers and Haldenby (with Beck and Eadie), and built from 1946 to 1951. This 115 m (377 ft) tall, 27 storey building was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act by the City of Toronto in 1975. It was completely renovated with major, historically sensitive architectural design changes including a 14 story high glass atrium connecting the original building to the new, 68 storey structure.

Canadian Architect

Harbourfront Revitalization

Views of the Harbourfront boardwalk or promenade, stretching 2 1/2 miles along Toronto's waterfront. One of the photos has been edited using a white wash. Also views of condominium developments along the quay, and contact prints include images of York Quay Centre, Power Plant Gallery at Harbourfront Centre, and Spadina and Bathurst Quays.

Sandler, Tom

Ernest Thompson Seton Park, Toronto

View of a bridge in the park. Photograph is stamped on the back: "This is the property of Raymond Moriyama, Architect." E. T. Seton Park is located in the Central Don area of the West Don River valley, south of Eglinton Avenue East. The parkland was acquired from the Flemingdon Development Corporation in the 1960's for the Metropolitan Toronto Zoo, which was eventually built in the Rouge Valley. Beginning July 1, 1965, the Province of Ontario leased the north-east corner of the park from the former Metropolitan Toronto for ninety-nine years to operate the Ontario Science Centre.

Commerce Court

Interior and exterior views of a high-rise office tower and lower-level shopping concourse, designed in glass and concrete. One view of courtyard outside the building. Shopping area shows a Mappins retail store and a telephone booth.

Paul Kane house

Photographic reproduction of an architectural elevation on postcard backing. The original stucco cottage built in 1853 was renovated twice by the original owner, Paul Kane. It was owned by the Kane family until 1903, then it was briefly used as a church hall by the Evangelical Church of the Deaf. The property was leased by the Church-Isabella Residents Co-operative Inc. in 1985 and incorporated into a larger residential development.
(Information taken from Toronto Historical Board plaque on property.)

Toronto, Queen's Quay Terminal building

Exterior views of terminal building after conversion to multi-purpose building, from the water and interior views of south atrium with shopping concourse. One architectural drawing with caption: Architectural rendering of Terminal Warehouse façade when Queen's Quay Terminal at York is completed. One reprint of a newspaper photo of the terminal building when still in use as railroad terminal and offices of CN Rail.

Spalding-Smith, Fiona

Toronto, 250/260/270 Queen's Quay West

Photoprint of model buildings. 1 photograph is airview of the constructed buildings. Verso: The Canadian Architect Magazine 1985 Award of Exellence to James A. Murray, Norman Hotson, Alfred C. Roberts. B&W. photograph of the buildings and York Quay Park at lake Ontario.

Spalding-Smith, Fiona

North American Life Centre and Xerox Tower, Toronto

Maquette of two office towers with landscaping, shot in colour and black and white. A sticker on the verso of one of the photographs lists the two towers and The North American Life Centre and The Xerox Tower, to be located at the North-West corner of Yonge Street and Finch Avenue.

Lenscape Incorporated

Ottawa, C.D. Howe building

Interior and exterior views of the building. This office building has a 'green roof', which reduces the amount of energy required to heat and cool the building. It also has an extensive shopping mall at the ground floor and an arboretum with a waterfall at the Queen Street entrance. The double-decker elevator cabs are found inside the atrium, which stretches the entire height of the building.

Source: City of Ottawa website at www.ottawa.ca

Applied Photography Ltd.

14 Thorcrest road, Toronto

Photograph of the yard and patio of a 1940s residential building renovated in the 1970s. A piece of paper taped on the back of the photograph gives the location, designer, owner and the award decision from the Canadian Housing Design Council in Ottawa: Winner of the Award for Residential Design. Extract from Jury report: "This is an alteration to a fairly standard house of the 1940's, enlarged and changed so that very little of the original remains. The result is a virilic and strong arrangement of forms and colours with well-flowing spaces beautifully realted to out-door patios and terraces."

184 Roxborough drive, Toronto

Photograph of the extension built onto the back of the Georgian heritage property. The addition won the Award for Residential Design in 1971 from the Canadian Housing Design Council. Text on the back of the photograph gives extracts of Jury report.

House design model, Toronto

Design proposal for a house in downtown Toronto, one of a group of similar dwellings with an inner courtyard that acts as a buffer from the noise from street traffic.

505 Broadview avenue, Toronto

Photograph of the front lawn and porch of a house on Broadview Avenue. A concrete footpath has been laid from the sidewalk to the front porch, designed to circle around the base of a tree in the way.

Burrow, Gordon

1666 Bay street, Toronto

Exterior view of a luxury condominium development on Bay Street. A piece of paper taped to the back of the photograph gives the property developers as The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited and Revenue Properties Limited.

Myers residence, 19 Berryman street, Toronto

Two story residence designed by Barton Myers for his own use in Toronto's Yorkville area. The house fills a narrow urban lot, approximately 25 x 188 feet. There is a central courtyard with greenhouse roof. An article on the house was published in the April 1972 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.

Casa Loma and Baldwin Steps

Aerial views of the Gothic Revival castle located at 1 Austin Terrace in Toronto, and a small colour photograph of the base of the Baldwin steps, named for the original landowner and former premier of Ontario Robert Baldwin, a public pathway which connects two sections of Spadina Road and is often used by visitors to the historic castle.

Don Mills, Don Valley Woods

Interior and exterior views of two phases of development of a townhouse complex. Single and multi-storey buildings are pictured, as well as interiors.

Fleet, Max

Fraser residence

Exterior view of a house at 4 Old George Place in Toronto. The style is influenced by Japanese, West Coast Canadian and Native Canadian architecture, with sloping rooflines and durable materials that integrate with a natural setting. The structure is made of red brick, interspersed with cedar sections and glass panes.

Jowett, Roger

Don Mills, Row Housing -Missing

Exterior views of a multi-storey townhouse complex, showing yards and parking. The stacked residences have a bachelor apartment or garage under the two storey housing units above.

Shawcroft, B.

Independent Order of Foresters building / Temple building : Toronto

Exterior photograph of one of the first skyscrapers in Toronto, built in 1896 at the corner of Richmond and Bay Streets, and briefly the tallest building in the city. It was designed with a cast-iron frame and had a red-brick and Credit Valley stone façade designed to complement the Romanesque revival design of nearby buildings: Old City Hall and the Confederation Life building. It was demolished in 1970, and the property was re-developed by Y and R Properties into a new office complex at 390 Bay Street.

Toronto, Sutton Place hotel

Photograph of the Sutton Place Hotel, taken from the corner of Bay and St. Joseph Streets, looking South on Bay Street. Two car dealerships are visible on opposite sides of the street, advertising car brands Imperial, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Valiant.

Jowett, Henry Roger

Simpsons Tower

Photographs of the interior and exterior of a glass and concrete high rise office tower, showing elegant dining area, escalators and stairs, and hallways.

Panda/Croydon Associates

Sears house

Additions and alterations to a single family home, completed with stucco and decorated with a Southwest theme.

Don Mills, Southill Village

Interior and exterior views of a townhouse complex. Exteriors of the two and three storey buildings are pictured, as well as interiors. The housing plan was devised by Roy P. Rogers Enterprises Ltd. and based on the success of Chatham Village in Pittsburgh, USA, a planned community established in 1932 as a "social and economic demonstration." In Southill Village, the first unit type was two storey with a split-level entrance, the second was similar but the entrances are emphasized through two floors as a contrast. The third unit type had a flat roof and the last type was a split-level building which appears to be a one-storey building from the street.

Fleet, Max

Posluns house

Single-family dwelling. Exterior views of brick and wood home in landscaped property; interior views of living room.

Jowett, Henry Roger

Hamilton, Enkin residence

Interior and exterior views of a wood-construction, with wood paneling inside and out. Interior shots show hallway, dining and kitchen areas.

Jowett, Roger

Unionville, Heritage Village

Exterior view of single-storey row houses, in winter. A sticker on the back of the photograph reads: "Honorable Mention/ Heritage Village/ Highway #7/ Unionville, Ontario/ Napev Construction Ltd.,/ Sievenpiper, Architects". Residential complex for senior citizens, part of the larger Unionville Home Society campus. See http://www.uhs.on.ca/

Hamilton, Moses residence

Black and white photographs of the exterior of a home, taken at night and during the day. Stamp on back of photograph with architect's name, Jerome Markson. Markson was awarded a 25 Years Award in 1993 for his work on the Moses residence by the Ontario Association of Architects and Canadian House and Home magazine.

Resultados 1 a 100 de 124