Affichage de 434 résultats

Description archivistique
Canada Avec objets numériques
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

Brownie Holiday Flash

Item is a small camera with moulded brown and tan plastic body. Made for use with 127 roll film, it has an eyelevel viewfinder, Dakon lens and a rotary shutter. Prior to 1955 it was made with a Kodet lens.

Canadian Kodak Co., Limited

Kodak Canada Corporate Archives and Heritage Collection

  • SC 2005.001
  • collection
  • 1895-2006

The Kodak Canada collection contains records and artifacts from the Kodak Heights manufacturing facility in Toronto, as well as the historical collection belonging to the Kodak Heritage Collection Museum. The collection consists of photographs, negatives, advertising records, magazines, pamphlets, daily record books, recipe books, cameras and other photographic equipment produced by Kodak Canada Inc., or other Kodak plants around the world. The collection includes a small selection of financial records, blueprints for Kodak facilities in Canada, and other corporate ephemera, as well as photographs of events, buildings and individual employees that illustrate the social life of the company.

Kodak Canada Inc.

Paddy Sampson fonds

  • F 2010.003
  • collection

Fonds consists of audio reels and video tapes (VHS, U-Matic and Betacam) with excerpts of interviews, television shows and specials intended for broadcast on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's (CBC) English Television Network. The tapes were compiled by Paddy Sampson during the course of his employment with the CBC as a television producer.

Sampson, Paddy

Harbour Terrace, Queen's Quay

Photographs of the architect's models. This building was given an Award of Merit by the Governor General's Awards for Architecture in 1990, and an Award of Excellence by the Ontario Association of Architects Awards in 1988.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Burndy Canada Ltd. office & plant : Scarborough

The industrial building and offices has a steel frame, bolted in the factory area, and bolted and welded in the office area. The curtain wall of windows in the office area is accented by exposed exterior columns. This architectural detail (the columns) was originally developed by the architects for a school building, to aid in the addition of a second storey. The building has concrete floors throughout and a steel roof deck.

Canadian Architect

North York, Victoria Park Place

Architect's model for a commercial retail and office building. Three concrete and glass towers are linked by two glass atria rising from ground level to the third floor.

Panda Associates Photography

North York, Burns Hall, Canadian Forces College

Interior and exterior views , including aerial views of the historic brick and ivy building with the concrete and brick additions and parking lot. Interior views include stairwells, library space, and hallways. One copy of an axonometric drawing of the newer addition to the building.

Evans, Steven

Etobicoke, One west Mall

Folder contains 2 b&w photographs of the 1962 Canadian Housing Design Council National Award - Multiples. Exterior views of One West Mall in Etobicoke, Ontario.

Canadian Architect

North York, Joseph Shepard Federal office building

The Joseph Shepard Building is located in the urban core of the North York region of Toronto. The fourteen-storey, modern office complex is pyramidal in form with stepped massing and an asymmetrical plan. The building's walls are clad in rust-red and brown clay brick and have continuous bands of windows and brick spandrels that create a strong horizontal emphasis. Prominent features of its design are its five-storey atrium, many open-air terraces, public courtyard and accessible mall. A strong architectural vocabulary unifies the interior and exterior. The designation is confined to the footprint of the building.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Metro Toronto Reference Library

Built in 1977, this building was featured in the July 1984 issue of Canadian Architect magazine on atriums. Interior and exterior views. The name was changed to "Toronto Reference Library" in 1998 when it was incorporated into the Toronto Public Library system. It is the biggest public reference library in Canada.

St. Lawrence Market

Exterior photographs of the South Hall market, constructed in 1844 by William Thomas, J. Winston Siddall and H.B. Lane. This barn shaped brick building is located at 51 Front Street East in Toronto. The nearby classical revival hall, located at 151 King Street East, was originally built in 1851 and restored in 1967. Photographs include exterior views of renovation, and interior views of the hall ballroom.

Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) - subway stations and streetcars

Reprints of historical photographs of streetcars, including the Bay Streetcar (May 1, 1937) and streetcar track construction at Bay and Wellington streets (May 8, 1925). A streetcar enters the St. Clair West subway station (date unknown). View of Rosedale Valley subway bridge by John B. Parkin & Associates. Interiors of Dupont subway station (January 26, 1978), Saint Clair West station (date unknown), and Yorkdale subway station (date unknown). View of Yorkdale subway station (date unknown).

Rogers Centre (SkyDome)

Photographs of the architect's model and illustrations for the SkyDome, a covered convertible dome over a baseball field and entertainment stadium. Artist's illustrations of proposed designs from The Webb Zerafa Menkes Housdon Partnership and The Robbie/Adjeleian/Norr Consortium. Later photographs show the construction of the dome, and an aerial view of hte site. The building was renamed the Rogers Centre in 2005.

Lenscape Incorporated

Lothian Mews

Views of the shopping arcade and central courtyard, decorated with café tables and umbrellas.

Jowett, Henry Roger

North York City Hall

Interior view of office space on main level. The building ceased to function as a municipal city hall after North York was amalgamated into the Toronto Metropolitan Area in the late 1990s. It now serves as the North York Civic Centre, located on Yonge Street north of Sheppard Avenue.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Maple Leaf Gardens

Aerial view of the yellow brick arena with large dome, built in 1931, located at 438 Church Street in Toronto. It was home ice for the Toronto Maple Leafs (Hockey team) until 1999. It was purchased by Loblaw Companies in 2004 and in 2009 it was announced that a portion of the arena would be used for Ryerson University althletics, thanks in part to federal government contribution.

Fairview mall

Interior views of the Simpsons department store, and views of the shopping concourse between Eaton's, Simpson's and the Hudson's Bay Company (all major anchor stores in the mall). One exterior view of the mall, showing the Hudson's Bay Company store.

Panda/Croydon Associates

CN Tower

  • 2009.002.031
  • Dossier
  • [May] 1971; [January] 1975; [November] 1983; [November] 1984; [February] 1986; [September] 1986
  • Fait partie de Canadian Architect magazine fonds

Photographs of the CN Tower before, during and after construction. Mainly aerial views of exterior.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

Confederation life building

View of the exterior of the building, terra-cotta detail above the window and aerial level of the building. The building was constructed ca. 1890. Several interior views of hallways, windows and stairs.

Toronto Eaton shoping center

View of the model, details of exterior and interior of the constructed building. Aerial views of the center. Total retail floor area 159,979.0 m2. It has five floors and fist was opened in 1977

Crang & Boake Inc.

Meteorological Headquarters building

The headquarters building is four storeys high, aproximetely 430 ft. long by 210 ft. wide and has a gross floor area of 340.000 sq.ft. Two courtyards occupying the center bays of the building provide natural light to interior offices and laboratories. The building programme included offices, warehousing facilities, classrooms, lecture theatre, research library and archives, cafeteria and specialized scientific facilities such as observetion domes, radar equipment and wind tunnels. Views of the courts, lobby, typical service core. Interior and exterior views.

Toronto, Bank of Montreal, 30 Yonge Street

Built in 1885 for the Bank of Montreal, this branch bank was one of the few buildings in the are to survive Toronto's Great Fire of 1904. Designed by Darling and Curry, the architects who had recently completed the equally august Victoria Hospital for Sick Children on College Street, the Bank of Montreal's head office was the most striking of Toronto's nineteenth-century bank buildings. The building remained a branch until 1982. The Hockey Hall of Fame officially opened in this building, incorporated into the BCE Place development, in 1993. The new $35 million facility has almost 60,000 square feet of floor space. There is access from shopping mall concourse level at BCE Place. The Hockey Hall of Fame is a world-class sports and entertainment facility and is one of Toronto's prime tourist attractions drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. "Hockey Hall of Fame - About Us," Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum, 2010. Accessed on October 21, 2010. http://www.hhof.com/html/gi20300.shtml

Canada Trust building

Height approx. 263.0m, completed 1968. Building is located at 110 Yonge Street in Toronto. View of the main entrance. This building was designated a heritage property in 1990.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

CIL House Offices

Head office is jointly occupied by Catholic Education Center. Building cost was 33.5 million including land and construction. View of entrance, interior and exterior of the building. Images 2009.002.016.002 & 003 had yellow sticky notes attached indicating they were considered for the July 1982 cover of Canadian Architect magazine. The sticky notes were kept with the files. Images of the reception area show a ceramic mural by Angelo di Petta called Canadian Allegory. This mural is made of 84 tiles which will cover the entire third floor lobby wall.

Spalding-Smith, Fiona

Art Gallery of Ontario

View of the entrance of the building including details of extarior and interior, main lobby, staircase and Henry Moor Gallery. Contains images of models for the façade [196-?]. Images from two exhibitions can be found in the collection: "Contemporary Furnishings" from 1958, showing Walker Court with chairs and items from local stores, and "The Bauhaus: 50 Years" from 1970. With 45,000 square metres (480,000 sq ft) of physical space, the AGO is one of the largest art museums in North America.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Sunlife Tower

3 exterior views of whole office building, including details of exterior facade. 4 interior views of a work area, including Women's Lounge and Board Room, of Aluminum Co. of Canada Ltd., office reception, and a private office at Massey-Ferguson Ltd.

Parkin Architects Limited

Toronto Pearson International Airport, Old Terminal 1

Interior and exterior of the development of the Toronto International Airport, showing photographs of planes, baggage claim, parking garages. Design drawings were published in the May 1958 issue of Canadian Architect. The airport was originally known as the Malton Airport, opened in 1937, and was redeveloped as an International Airport in the 1960s, and renamed in 1984 for former Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson.

Jowett, H.R.

Roy Thomson Hall

Home of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir. Starting date of the construction is 1978, opened in 1982. photographs of the model,different construction stages, completed building, interior and prespective view of Roy Thompson hall.

Spalding-Smith, Fiona

Montreal, Windsor station

Photographs from different years in the building's history, from the opening in the late 1880s to the renovations carried out in the 1970s. Most photographs were provided by Canadian Pacific Rail. One photograph features the sculpture of an winged angel carrying a soldier, which resides at the south end of the pedestrian concourse.

Canadian Pacific Railway Company

Westmount, Temple Emanu-El-Beth Sholom

Photographs of the interior and exterior of the temple, with details of decoration in sanctuary. The building was completed in 1959 after a fire destroyed the previous building built in 1911. The new building, Temple Emanu-El, and its sanctuary were dedicated on Friday, April 22, 1960. In 1980 Temple Beth Sholom, a sister congregation, was united with Temple Emanu-El to form the present Temple Emanu-El-Beth Sholom congregation.

Wright, Bruce

Montreal, Montreal Life building

In the Canadian Architect article in which this image was published, the building design is discussed as an example of a sensitive revival of past architecture with a modernist aesthetic.

Associated Commercial Photographers Ltd.

Montreal, Place des Arts

Photographs of the interior and exterior of La Grande Salle (later renamed Salle-Wilifrid Pelletier), including a wall mural designed by Julien Hébert.

Panda Associates Photography

Résultats 1 à 100 sur 434