Showing 930 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

18 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Internationalization Action Group

  • RG 603
  • Archief
  • 1993-1997

This record group consists of records related to the Internationalization Action Group and the International Working Committee. Included are various reports, updates, and agreements.

International Action Group

Food Services

  • RG 651
  • Archief
  • 1948-

Fonds consists of records related to Food Services and Ryerson Institute of Technology's School of Food Technology. In 2013 Chartwells signed a food services contract with Ryerson replacing long-time providers, Aramark.

Food Services

Department of Philosophy and Music

  • RG 653
  • Archief
  • 1970 - ?

The Department of Philosophy and Music at Ryerson University offers courses in all programs of study, including Philosophy, Psychology, Business, Education, Law, Political Science, and Media Studies. The courses that it offers are generally concerned with morality and ethics. The Department of Philosophy and Music includes a Musicology Section which offers courses in Music History.

This fonds includes 1.5 cm of textual records, including memos, course outlines, symposium information, lectures and talk notices. It also includes 1 poster (27 x 35 cm to 28 x 36cm).

Midwifery Education Program

  • RG 662
  • Archief
  • 1900-2014

Fonds contains records related to the Ryerson Midwifery Education Program.

Equity, Harassment and Safety Services Department

  • RG 675
  • Archief
  • 1994-2000

This fonds consists of materials related to the Department of Equity, Harassment and Safety Services.

Equity, Harassment and Safety Services Department

Vision Task Group

  • RG 680
  • Archief
  • 1996-1997

This fonds consists of materials created by and in relation to the Vision Task Group.

Vision Task Group

Students' Union Incorporated

  • RG 681
  • Archief
  • 1955-1966

The Ryerson Student Association was formed in the early days of the School. It was open to all members of the Ryerson community and was run by a Board of Stewards comprised of Ryerson staff, students, and alumni. In 1957 it incorporated under the name "Ryerson Institute of Technology Students' Union". In 1966 the Union changed its name again to "Ryerson Union" and was reorganized over the next several years with the majority of its mandate moving to Student Services. See the creator description for more details.

The fonds contains materials relating specifically to the Ryerson Students' Association and the Ryesron Institute of Technology Students' Union period. All records from 1967 onward can be found in the Ryerson Centre fonds.

The fonds includes financial papers, correspondence, meeting minutes, constitutions, and copies of the papers of incorporation.

Students' Union Incorporated

International Student Services

  • RG 685
  • Archief
  • 1994-

This fonds consists of materials created and related to the International Student Support unit under Student Affairs at Ryerson University.

International Student Support

Rho Alpha Kappa

  • RG 699
  • Archief
  • 1958-

This record group consists of various materials related to the Rho Alpha Kappa fraternity including newsletters, administrative materials, promotional materials, photographs, and objects.

Rho Alpha Kappa

Vehicle Safety Research Centre

  • RG 705
  • Archief
  • 1997

Ryerson's Vehicle Safety Research Centre was established in 1988. It was funded by Ryerson and Transport Canada. Ryerson's team of research scientists investigated automobile crashes and advised Transport Canada on strategies to reduce personal injuries.
This fonds contains 1 book (531p.)

Women's Centre

  • RG 706
  • Archief
  • 1978 - ?

Operated by the Ryerson Student Union, The Women’s Centre is the RSU’s oldest community service. It's goal is to improve, through education and action, the status and condition of all women at Ryerson.
This fonds contains 1 cm of graphic materials, 11 posters, and one artifact, a sculpture.

Ryerson Opera Workshop

  • RG 718
  • Archief
  • 1952-1976

The fonds consists of records pertaining to the operetta, Ryerson Opera Workshop, otherwise dubbed ROW, including programmes, notices and advertisements, newspaper articles and reviews, and a 1967 audio tape from The Wizard of Oz.

Established in 1951 by Jack McAllister, at the time faculty in the English Department, and in the continuing role of director-in-chief, the Workshop was an institute-wide, student endeavour from production crew to cast members.

Financial upsets were occasionally felt, with no Workshop performed usually because the Student Administrative Council felt it could not support the show.

The productions were as follows:

1952, March – Down in the Valley and The Devil and Daniel Webster (at Riverdale Collegiate)
1953, March – Beggar's Opera (at Riverdale Collegiat)e
1953, November – Brigadoon (at Bloor Collegiate)
1954 – Madamoiselle Angot (at Bloor Collegiate)
1955 / ‘56 – Trial By Jury and HMS Pinafore, (at Ryerson Hall Theatre)
1956 / ’57 – no production
1958, March – The Gondaliers (at Hart House)
1958 / ’59 - – no production, no funding from Student Admisitrative Council
1960, March – Finian’s Rainbow (at Hart House)
1961, March – The Boys from Syracuse (at Hart House)
1962 – Beggar’s Opera (at Ryerson Hall Theatre)
1963 – Once Upon A Mattress(last musical at Ryerson Hall Theatre)
1964 – Brigadoon (first ROW performance in newly constructed Ryerson Theatre)
1965 – no production
1966, March – Kiss Me Kate / November – Bye Bye Birdie
1967, November – The Wizard of Oz
1968, November – A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
1969, November – Peter Pan
1970, November – Alice in Wonderland
1971, Nov / Dec – Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
1972, November – Sinbad and the Mermaid
1973, November – Red Riding Hood
1974, November – George, Gertie and the Garbage Grabbers
1975 – no production
1976, November – Stick With Molasses

Drama at Ryerson

  • RG 721
  • Archief
  • 1951 - 1971

This fonds contains textual records, photographs, and artifacts related to Drama at Ryerson

Business Alumni Association

  • RG 723
  • Archief
  • 1972 - ?

The Business Alumni Associatio) is an initiative of Ryerson Business Graduates that seeks to build networks among highly motivated professionals and fosters peer cooperation to support the development and promotion of The Ted Rogers School of Business Management. It does so through events, correspondence, and a mentoring program.

This fonds contains 3 cm of textual records that include newsletters, event details, and promotional materials.

Chinese Students' Association

  • RG 743
  • Archief
  • 1973-

This fonds consists of materials related to the Ryerson Chinese Students' Association.

Chinese Students' Association

Office of the Ombudsperson

  • RG 745
  • Archief
  • 1997-

Fonds consists of materials related to the Office of the Ombudsperson.

Office of the Ombudsperson

Campus Planning and Facilities

  • RG 756
  • Archief
  • 1964 - 2009

Ian Hamilton was appointed the director of Campus Planning and Facilities effective April 20, 1998. At this point the department of Campus Planning and Construction, and Physical Plant Operations were reunited under this department. Effective April 15, 2011 Ian Hamilton retired from Ryerson. Upon his retirement the department was once again split into 2 new departments - Capital Projects and Real Estate, and Campus Planning and Sustainability

The Ryerson Connection

  • RG 759
  • Archief
  • 1984 - 2000

The Ryerson Connection is an alumni newsletter. It is currently published as an e-newsletter on a bi-monthly basis by Ryerson Alumni Marketing and Communication. It contains information relevant to Ryerson alumni such as alumni success stories, meet ups, and Ryerson current events.

This fonds contains 7 cm of textual records, including meeting minutes, membership lists, correspondence, and financial records for the Ryerson Connection and related alumni groups.

Media Centre

  • RG 76
  • Archief
  • 1965-

This fonds consists of photographs, audiovisual and textual materials produced by or related to the Ryerson Media Centre.

Ryerson Media Centre

Office of Digital Media Projects

  • RG 766
  • Archief
  • 1996 - 2011

The Ad Hoc Social Media Group consisted of members from the DMP, the Library, the Experiential Media Institute, the Experiential Design and Gaming Environment lab and the Learning and Teaching Office. They offered seminars on Web 2.0 technology.

Home Economics Alumni Association

  • RG 768
  • Archief
  • 1977-1990

The Ryerson Polytechnical Institute Home Economics Alumni Association was formed in the late 1970's to promote the advancement of the interests of RPI and to promote closer fellowship among the graduates and former students of RPI Home Economics program. This Record group contains textual documentation about the adminstration of this association, and one published cook book generated and sold to the alumni membership as part of a fund raising initiative.

Yeates School of Graduate Studies

  • RG 771
  • Archief
  • 1999 - 2019

The Yeates School of Graduate Studies fonds contains materials created by or inconjunction with the school. It was been divided into series:
RG 771.001 Graduate Studies - Records received from Dr, Donald Gillies
RG 771.002 Theses presentations, defense and oral examination announcements
RG 771.003 Conferences, lectures, exhibitions and symposiums
RG 771.004 Human Resources
RG 771.005 Special Events - general
RG 771.006 School Publications - general
RG 771.007 Funding and Scholarship opportunities
RG 771.008 Degree program promotional materials

School of Retail Management

  • RG 772
  • Archief
  • 1998-

This fonds consists of materials related to the School of Retail Management.

Ted Rogers School of Retail Management

School of Information Technology Management

  • RG 787
  • Archief
  • 1999-

This fonds consists of records related to the School of Information Technology Management including administrative materials, promotional materials, published materials, and awards night materials.

Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management

School of Distance Education

  • RG 791
  • Archief
  • 1965-

This record group consists of records related to the School of Distance Education. Included are various administrative materials, published materials, and sound recordings.

School of Distance Education

Aboriginal Students Services

  • RG 792
  • Archief
  • 1993-

This Fonds contains records related to RASS activity including brochures and pamphlets, notices, posters, gathering documentation, Native Education Partnership Forum, Ryerson Native Roundtable, Environmental Health Officer Program, Aboriginal Policy Administration porgram, alumni events, and notices.

Ryerson Aboriginal Student Services

Open House Committee

  • RG 794
  • Archief
  • 1960-1963

This record group consists of materials related to Ryerson's annual Open House event that provided the public a first-hand look at Ryerson.

Open House Committee

Physical Resources

  • RG 8
  • Archief
  • 1981

January 1, 1981 :

The Department of Physical Resources is established with the consolidation of three existing departments:

Campus Planning
Physical Plant
Communications Engineering Services

Thus, the new department's responsibilities included new building construction, renovations to existing space, plumbing, heatiing, cooling, light and power, furniture inventories, and, services for computers, TV, audio, telephone, language labs, and projectors and screens [from Guide to Physical Resources Services, March 1981 ; RG 8.____.]

John Ezyk, head of Campus Planning, becomes Physical Resources Director
Dick Crichton, Associate Director - Plant Operations
George Hume, Associate Director - Planning
Kurt Mayer, Co-ordinator, Communications Engineering Services.

1986

The section Communications Engineering Services (CES) departs Physical Resources and amalgamates with the Computing Centre to form a new department, Computing and Communications Services (CCS) with John Johnston as Director.

June 1, 1990 :
The Department of Physical Resources is divided into two departments :

Campus Planning and Construction, under Director George Hume
Physical Plant Operations, under Director Ron MacLean

School of Disability Studies

  • RG 817
  • Archief
  • 1999-

This fonds consists of materials related to the School of Disability Studies.

School of Disability Studies

Health Research Network

  • RG 820
  • Archief
  • 2002 - 2003

The Ryerson Health Research Network was initiated in Fall 2001-Winter 2002 as a way to unite health care researchers.

This fonds contains 1 cm textual records, inlcuding correspondence and meeting minutes and agendas.

Interpersonal Skills Teaching Centre

  • RG 825
  • Archief
  • 2001 - ?

The ISTC Simulated Client Program began in 1990 using trained simulators from the McMaster University Standardized Patient Program. In 1993, the Centre itself was established at Ryerson and began recruiting and training a roster of simulators (actors) and developing simulation scenarios independently.

Centre for Immigration and Settlement

  • RG 838
  • Archief
  • 1997-

The Ryerson Centre for Immigration and Settlement (RCIS) was established by Ryerson Senate in March 2011 and has been in operation since July of the same year. The overall goal of RCIS is to advance policy-related research and scholarship in the areas of immigration and settlement studies, both nationally and internationally.
This fonds contains 2 cm of textual records, including emails about daily operations and a job posting, and one poster.

Electronic Alumni Association

  • RG 842
  • Archief
  • [ca. 1950-1963]

This fonds consists of materials related to the Electronic Alumni Association including directories and administrative materials.

Electronic Alumni Association

Accessibility Planning Committee

  • RG 846
  • Archief
  • 2003 - ?

The Accessibility Planning Committee met several times over 2003-2004 with the purpose of soliciting extensive feedback regarding accessibility from the Ryerson community, preparing the 2003-2004 Accessibility Plan, and making this plan public as per the Ontarians with Disabilities Act requirements for universities. Members were drawn from across Ryerson. It was recommended that the committee continue to meet.
This fonds contains 2 cm of textual records that include a copy of an accessibility survey, the 2003-2004 Accessibility Report, and correspondence.

Vice President's Academic Operations Committee

  • RG 850
  • Archief
  • 1978-1984

This record group consists of materials created and related to the Vice President's Academic Operations Committee. Included are administrative materials and records related to academic plans.

Vice President's Academic Operations Committee

Department of Chemical Engineering

  • RG 852
  • Archief
  • 2003-

This record group consists of records related to the Department of Chemical Engineering. Included are job vacancies and event notices.

Department of Chemical Engineering

School of Child and Youth Care

  • RG 854
  • Archief
  • 1984 - ?

Ryerson is the only university in Ontario offering a degree in Child and Youth Care (as of 2015), which it does through The School of Child and Youth Care.
This fonds includes 13 cm of textual records, including graphic promotional materials, letters, and two handbooks. It also contains one book (62 p).

School of Health Services Management

  • RG 860
  • Archief
  • 1986 - ?

The School of Health Services Management was under the Faculty of Community Services from its inception as a part-time degree. Effective July 1, 2011 HSM moved faculties and is a part of the Ted Rogers School of Management.

This fonds contains 69 cm textual records and one book.

PIPEDA Working Group

  • RG 869
  • Archief
  • 2002-2004

This fonds consists of files related to the PIPEDA Working Group.

PIPEDA Working Group

Society of Engineering Technology Students (SETS)

  • RG 87
  • Archief
  • 1968-197?

Fonds consists of materials related to S.E.T.S including meeting minutes, the constitution, brochures, and other items.

It would appear that the society was created because of the Technology student's dissatisfaction with their representation with SAC, in 1967 or 1968. In Fall of 1969 they became the governing body for the Technology programs under the Student Union. S.E.T.S. appears to have been in existence until the mid 1970's.

Department of Computer Science

  • RG 880
  • Archief
  • 1989-

The growing use of and interest in computers resulted in the addition of Computer Science to the Mathematics and Physics department in the early 1980s to create the Math, Physics and Computer Science (MPCS) department. In 1985, the program converted from a diploma to a degree program. By 1988, the department offered a Bachelor of Technology in Applied Computer Science and was part of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science. The department received approval in May 1996 to offer a five-year co-operative program in addition to its regular four-year option. In the late 1990s, the Bachelor of Technology was changed to a Bachelor of Science. Computer Science became a department of its own in July 2005 as part of the Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Science. The program was granted full accreditation status in 2007. The Department began offering graduate programs in Fall 2011. The three-year PhD program and the four-year MSc program both contain the fields "Intelligence and Robotics" and "Computer Communication Networks." The Department of Computer Science is part of the Faculty of Science.

Information retrieved from: http://www.ryerson.ca/science/ http://www.ryerson.ca/science/programs/graduate/computerscience/
"This is Ryerson" publication
Clippings files

Record group contains textual records and graphic materials by the Department of Computer Science beginning in 1989 that relate to human resources, promotional materials, publications, and departmental seminars, colloquia, and research talks.

Department of Physics

  • RG 881
  • Archief

The Mathematics and Physics Department at Ryerson began offering service courses in 1966. By the early 1970s, the department had developed two programs, and a study was conducted to reorganize the department due to this transition. The growing use of computers resulted in the creation of the Math, Physics and Computer Science (MPCS) department in the early 1980s. In 1985, the program converted from a diploma to a degree program. By 1988, the department offered a Bachelor of Technology in Applied Computer Science and was part of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science. The department received approval in May 1996 to offer a five-year co-operative program in addition to its regular four-year option. In the late 1990s, the Bachelor of Technology was changed to a Bachelor of Science. Physics became a department of its own in July 2005 as part of the Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Science. The following year, the Department began offering an undergraduate program in Medical Physics and a graduate program in Biomedical Physics. The first Bachelor of Science degrees in Medical Physics were awarded in 2009. The doctoral program in Biomedical Physics began in Fall 2011. That November, a Physics minor was approved. As of 2013, the MSc and PhD programs offer a CAMPEP-accredited option in Medical Physics. The Department of Physics is part of the Faculty of Science.

Information retrieved from: http://www.physics.ryerson.ca/ http://www.ryerson.ca/science/
"This is Ryerson" publication
Clippings files

Record group contains textual records by the Department of Physics beginning in 2005 that relate to human resources and departmental seminars, colloquia, and guest lectures.

School of Hospitality and Tourism Management

  • RG 89
  • Archief
  • [1950]-2015

Fonds contains materials relating to all aspects of the Hospitality program at Ryerson. There are materials from the beginning of the program in 1951 and every decade since its inception but the majority of the materials date from 1970s and 1980s. Included are objects, photographs, audio-visual materials, graphic and textual materials.
The fonds has been divided into nine series based on topic, material or purpose. They are:
RG 89.001 Ryer's Inn
RG 89.002 Photographs
RG 89.003 Trinidad and Tobago Hotel School
RG 89.004 Program Information files
RG 89.005 Facilities
RG 89.006 Publications
RG 89.007 Conferences, seminars, workshops and courses
RG 89.008 Administrative Records
RG 89.009 Student Related records

Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management

Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering

  • RG 894
  • Archief
  • 2003 - ?

The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering offers (as of Jan. 2014) four-year accredited programs leading to Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering. There is also an optional industrial internship program. The Department offers graduate programs leading to an M.A.Sc., M.Eng. or Ph.D. degree.

The fonds contains e-mails about departmental events, competitions, job postings, newsletters, conference documents on cd-rom and dvds featuring student work.

Centre for Voluntary Sector Studies

  • RG 903
  • Archief
  • 1995 - 2006

The Centre for Voluntary Sector Studies was established in 1995 in order to enhance understanding of the voluntary sector through research and education. Its mandate is to conduct and disseminate research, provide educational opportunities for managers, workers and volunteers in the nonprofit sector through formal undergraduate and continuing education programs, and extend consulting and research services to nonprofit organizations.
This fonds contains 1 cm textual records including newsletters and a report on the 10th anniversary of the Centre for Voluntary Sector Studies.

Department of Mathematics

  • RG 904
  • Archief
  • 2005-

The Mathematics and Physics Department at Ryerson began offering service courses in 1966. By the early 1970s, the department had developed two programs, and a study was conducted to reorganize the department due to this transition. The growing use of computers resulted in the creation of the Math, Physics and Computer Science (MPCS) department in the early 1980s. In 1985, the program converted from a diploma to a degree program. By 1988, the department offered a Bachelor of Technology in Applied Computer Science and was part of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science. The department received approval in May 1996 to offer a five-year co-operative program in addition to its regular four-year option. In the late 1990s, students were given the option to minor in mathematics. Mathematics became a department of its own in July 2005. The Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics and Its Applications was introduced in Fall 2008. The following year, the Department commenced its Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics program. The Department redesigned the Mathematics and Its Applications program in 2013 and, that same year, began offering a Financial Mathematics BSc, the only such undergraduate program in Toronto. The Department of Mathematics is part of the Faculty of Science.

Information retrieved from: http://math.ryerson.ca/ http://www.ryerson.ca/science/departments/mathematics.html
"This is Ryerson" and "I Chose Ryerson" publications
clippings file

Record group contains textual records by the Department of Mathematics beginning in 2005 that relate to seminars and workshops in the department, correspondence, and promotional materials.

Ryerson Women's Association

  • RG 906
  • Archief
  • 1977 - 1980

Ryerson Women's Association was created in the spring of 1977 with a broad goal of providing women with opportunities for personal growth and development. Membership was open to students, staff and faculty.

The fonds contains minutes, membership lists, correspondence and related textual materials.

OneCard Office

  • RG 907
  • Archief
  • 2006 - ?

The Ryerson One Card Office was created in December 2002. The One Card was introduced as the university's official ID card for students, staff and faculty; it also served as a library card. The card has magnetic strips that track funds for food contracts, vending machines, and photocopying/printing services. In December 2005, the new Ryerson One Card replaced old Ryerson Photo ID cards and the Intercon Security Access Cards.

By the fall of 2008 the card has been referred to as the Ryerson OneCard. The Office has as its main location in the lower ground level of Jorgenson Hall in JOR02.

The fonds includes job vacancy notices, forms and publicity records related to the OneCard, meal plan, membership and related e-mails.

Resultaten 801 tot 900 van 930