Showing 140 results

Archival description
Quebec (prov) Image
Print preview View:

140 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Montreal, Pointe-à-Callière, Montréal Museum of Archeology and History, Éperon building

The Éperon building was constructed to complement the existing historic architecture of the area, and was built to match the proportions of the Royal Insurance Company building that was previously on the site. The building matches the roof lines of the other structures on the Rue de la Commune, and the tower building (pictured) is an easily identifiable element in the museum complex.

Chen, Roderick

Montreal, Church of Notre-Dame-de-la-Salette

Exterior view of church entrance, with huge ceramic mural executed by Claude Vermette, and interior view of a decorative panel "Blessed Virgin Mary" designed by J. C. Charuet. Additional interior view of round altar in the centre of the church.

Wright, Bruce

Montreal, Expo 67, Air Canada Pavilion

Photographs of the exterior of the pavilion. One of the photographs has text printed at the lower margin reading " 'Man and Flight' is the theme of Air Canada's striking red and white pavilion at Expo. Plywood-clad cantilevered blades fan out from a central support column to form a dramatic roof." The verso of that photograph is stamped "Plywood Manufacturers of B.C. Photograph".

Plywood Manufacturers of B.C.

Montreal, Montreal Life building

In the Canadian Architect article in which this image was published, the building design is discussed as an example of a sensitive revival of past architecture with a modernist aesthetic.

Associated Commercial Photographers Ltd.

Westmount Square

Exterior view of office buildings within Westmount Square, Montréal. The four buildings, two of which are residential, were designed by architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. The complex opened on December 13, 1967. (www.wikipedia)

Jowett, H.R.

Jonquière, Alcan Industrial Complex

From Canadian Architect magazine, July 1985: [the building] features a curved profile at the top in aluminum cladding. Light enters large windows at the building's ends and middle and through translucent panels on the south wall and stairwells. Openings below the floor allow for ventilation and are coupled with a plenum in a heat distribution system.

Granby, Ave Maria School

Photographs of the exterior of the single storey elementary school building. 16 classrooms and offices are grouped around a central auditorium. View of entrance mural above main entrance painted by Adrian Vilandré. The building has a light steel structural frame with brick veneer and tongue-and-groove boards for exterior finishing. All windows are double-glazed, ceilings are perforated fibreboard, flooring is vinyl asbestos tile.

Studio Alain Enrg.

Montreal, Cormier House

The house Cormier built for himself (1930-31) in the Golden Square Mile, an elegant Montréal neighbourhood. Cormier experimented with a variety of styles in the house: Art deco on the facade, monumental on one side and more modernist in the back. Cormier created most of the furniture, with remaining pieces acquired at the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes in Paris

Merrett, Brian

Colisée du Québec, Québec

Photograph of the coliseum after renovations in 1982. A sticker on the back of the photograph reads: "Distinction en architecture 1982/ L'agrandissement du Colisée du Québec/ Bégin et Rodrigue/ Photo: Jocelyn Huard"

Huard, Jocelyn

Montreal, Le Drug

Photographs of the interior of the shop and entranceway. Le Drug was a multipurpose building that also functioned as a popular theatre, dance hall, art museum and caffe in Montreal's art scene.

Mont-Joli, Maurice Lamontagne Institute

Image of a model for the building.
Located near Mont Joli, Quebec, MLI has been the world's leading francophone marine sciences centre since it was established in 1987 by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO). It is primarily involved in providing the federal government with methods of conserving marine resources, protecting the marine environment, safe marine navigation, as well as research, monitoring and assessment of fisheries, marine mammals, oceanography, and habitats of the Estuary and Gulf of St. Lawrence and Northern Quebec. The Canadian Hydrographic Service at the MLI is responsible for the nautical charts for the region. Also contained within the MLI are the Laurentian Regional Science Branch and the Regional Oceans Branch of the DFO. The MLI takes part in joint projects with the Groupe interuniversitaire de recherches en océanographie du Québec (GIROQ), the Université du Québec à Rimouski, and the Institut maritime du Québec.

Martinez house, Saint-Bruno

Photograph of the exterior, side-view, in winter. A sticker adhered to the back of the photograph reads: "Distinction en architecture 1982/ La résidence Martinez-Camps/ Jorge Martinez-Camps"

Montreal, Monastère du Bon-Pasteur

Aerial view of the buildings. A sticker adhered to verso reads "The Monastère du Bon-Pasteur/ Montreal, QC/ Grand Prize/ The Montreal Trust - Credit Foncier Award". The monastery, the main building on the site, was built to house the Sisters of the Cornmunauté de Notre-Dame du Bon-Pasteur d'Angers, who came from France in 1844 at the behest of Mgr Bourget. Today the Bon Pasteur siteis a multipurpose complex, combining housing, cultural amenities and services, etc.

Laval, Papineau house

Photograph of the interior of the house. Owned by Andre Benjamin Papineau. Federal heritage building; art gallery. House was build for Montreal architect Andre Benjamin Papineau is located on a river edge. Materials of the house; fieldstone, red cider. Furniture designed be Papineau, except chairs.

Samulewitz, Hans

Montreal, Expo 67, Scandinavian Pavilion

Photograph of the mechanized ramps designed to move people within the pavilion. Canadian Architect Magazine published this image in the May 1967 issue. The building was designed by architects representing Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.

Cours Mont-Royal (Mont-Royal Hotel)

Illustration of the exterior of the building and interior view, looking up towards the glass ceiling. Originally the site of a 1046 room hotel built by Ross & Macdonald. Renovated in 1989 by Arcop Group into a mixed-use complex with condominiums, office space and retail/restaurant space. The renovation preserved much of the exterior.

Westmount, Temple Emanu-El-Beth Sholom

Photographs of the interior and exterior of the temple, with details of decoration in sanctuary. The building was completed in 1959 after a fire destroyed the previous building built in 1911. The new building, Temple Emanu-El, and its sanctuary were dedicated on Friday, April 22, 1960. In 1980 Temple Beth Sholom, a sister congregation, was united with Temple Emanu-El to form the present Temple Emanu-El-Beth Sholom congregation.

Wright, Bruce

Results 1 to 100 of 140