Photograph of the yard and patio of a 1940s residential building renovated in the 1970s. A piece of paper taped on the back of the photograph gives the location, designer, owner and the award decision from the Canadian Housing Design Council in Ottawa: Winner of the Award for Residential Design. Extract from Jury report: "This is an alteration to a fairly standard house of the 1940's, enlarged and changed so that very little of the original remains. The result is a virilic and strong arrangement of forms and colours with well-flowing spaces beautifully realted to out-door patios and terraces."
Photograph of a design concept drawing for the McMurrich Street Condominiums, a joint venture by the Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited and Belmont Construction Company Limited. A piece of paper is taped to the back of the photograph.
Exterior view of a luxury condominium development on Bay Street. A piece of paper taped to the back of the photograph gives the property developers as The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited and Revenue Properties Limited.
Photograph of the extension built onto the back of the Georgian heritage property. The addition won the Award for Residential Design in 1971 from the Canadian Housing Design Council. Text on the back of the photograph gives extracts of Jury report.
Exterior views of Victorian row houses originally built in the 1880s, altered in 1981. The house was first owned by Alfred Hoskin, a barrister, and is referred to in the Canadian Architect magazine issue for October 1985 as "Hoskin House".
Photograph of a series of semi-detached houses. A piece of paper taped on the back of the photograph gives the location, designer, owner and the award decision from the Canadian Housing Design Council in Ottawa: National Design Award 1969. The photographer's stamp gives the studio as: N. & H. Studio.
2 contact sheets with 8 black and white images of the exterior and interior of 45 and 47 Front street, which comprise part of a larger commerical building originally constructed in 1872-3 by Walter Strickland. The cast iron front elevation is original; the interiors were refitted by Stone & Kohn in the early 1980s. Alternate titles include: Beardmore Building, Griffiths Building
Colour photographs, many adhered to a paper backing, of the exterior and interior of a private residence in Toronto, showing the renovations to the two storey brick home. Views include backyard deck, fireplace, doorhandles and stair rails.
1 photograph of the exterior of the office building and another of the interior lobby area. The interior view has been cut and adhered to a clear plastic backing, and bears the photographer's stamp for Applied Photography Ltd.
Illustrations of the office building at 95 Wellington Street West, and one photograph of the site plan. Stamp on verso of photographs gives the architectural firm as Pellow Architect. The building is part of the Toronto-Dominion Centre complex in downtown Toronto.
Single family dwelling, split-level ranch with porch clad in brick and vinyl siding. Photograph is stamped property of Canadian Housing Design Council. A piece of paper accompanying the image indicates this structure was entered into competition for the National Design Awards in 1964.
Two photographs of the exterior of a low-rise public housing development. Built between 1964-68 by the Ontario Housing Corporation. The housing complex is located in the city block bounded by Dundas Street, Spadina Avenue, Queen Street West and Bathurst Street. A stamp on the back of the photograph gives the photographer as Roger Jowett.
View of the rear of the building, a 4 storey brick structure with mansard roof and turret dating to 1881, overlooking a waterfall. A piece of paper has been taped to the back, indicating the building was entered in the 1977 Design Award Program for renovations converting the mill to a hotel.
Photograph of the exterior of the single storey structure, built on a hillside which slopes down from front to rear. Exposed concrete block bearing walls with infill panels of tongue-and-groove cedar panelling on the exterior front. The office and reception block are in front, with animal treatment rooms and kennel in the back. There is an apartment for a resident caretaker.
Interior views of the eating area of a café and restaurant in the York Quay Centre at Toronto's Harbourfront Park. Materials inlcude rough sawn, bleached wood, glazed steel sash and textured rubber flooring, enhanced by batiked cotton and sailcloth banners for a nautical effect. Photographs and contact prints adhered to lined 8 1/2 x 11 notepaper. The images were printed in the Sept 1980 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.