Copy of a paper presented by Donald Gillies during session 14 on October 27 at the Canadian Science and Technology Historical Association 4th Kingston conference at Queen's University. The conference ran from October 25 - October 27.
Item is a collection of two plaques, one with a pink shaded background and one with a green shaded background. Both read: "1899 [Kodak Canada Inc. 100 years logo] 1999 / It all started at / 41 Colborne St. in / Toronto / Past Preserved - Future Defined / Presented by BGM Imaging Inc. in celebration of Kodak Canada's 100th Anniversary - 1999". On the left side is an image circa 1910 of the Kodak Canada Inc. location at 41 Colborne Street, and on the right is an image circa 1999 of the same location.
Photograph of the yard and patio of a 1940s residential building renovated in the 1970s. A piece of paper taped on the back of the photograph gives the location, designer, owner and the award decision from the Canadian Housing Design Council in Ottawa: Winner of the Award for Residential Design. Extract from Jury report: "This is an alteration to a fairly standard house of the 1940's, enlarged and changed so that very little of the original remains. The result is a virilic and strong arrangement of forms and colours with well-flowing spaces beautifully realted to out-door patios and terraces."
Photograph of a design concept drawing for the McMurrich Street Condominiums, a joint venture by the Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited and Belmont Construction Company Limited. A piece of paper is taped to the back of the photograph.
Exterior view of a luxury condominium development on Bay Street. A piece of paper taped to the back of the photograph gives the property developers as The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited and Revenue Properties Limited.
File contains photographs depicting exterior views of an office building on Duncan Mill road, and a low-rise condo building on Yonge street. The floor level of the condominium contains an Ethan Allen home decor store.
Photograph of the extension built onto the back of the Georgian heritage property. The addition won the Award for Residential Design in 1971 from the Canadian Housing Design Council. Text on the back of the photograph gives extracts of Jury report.
Item is a [brass?] plaque mounted on wood with engraved text that reads: "THE 1995 MOE CLASSIC / PRESENTED TO / KODAK CANADA / IN RECOGNITION OF YOUR SUPPORT FOR / PEDIATRIC CARDIAC RESEARCH THROUGH / THE HEART & STROKE FOUNDATION OF ONTARIO / "by working together / we can give the children of today / a fighting chance to become / the vibrant, healthy, and productive / adults of tomorrow" / Moe".
File contains photographs of interior views of an office space within 243 College St (includes some duplicate photos). Photographs related to Queen-Richmond Centre West and Radius Lofts appear to be missing.
File contains photographs depicting exterior and interior views of the office high-rise located at 30 Adelaide. Particular attention is given to the exterior area adjacent to the entrance, which features a fountain and seating.
Exterior views of Victorian row houses originally built in the 1880s, altered in 1981. The house was first owned by Alfred Hoskin, a barrister, and is referred to in the Canadian Architect magazine issue for October 1985 as "Hoskin House".
Photograph of a series of semi-detached houses. A piece of paper taped on the back of the photograph gives the location, designer, owner and the award decision from the Canadian Housing Design Council in Ottawa: National Design Award 1969. The photographer's stamp gives the studio as: N. & H. Studio.
2 contact sheets with 8 black and white images of the exterior and interior of 45 and 47 Front street, which comprise part of a larger commerical building originally constructed in 1872-3 by Walter Strickland. The cast iron front elevation is original; the interiors were refitted by Stone & Kohn in the early 1980s. Alternate titles include: Beardmore Building, Griffiths Building
Colour photographs, many adhered to a paper backing, of the exterior and interior of a private residence in Toronto, showing the renovations to the two storey brick home. Views include backyard deck, fireplace, doorhandles and stair rails.
1 photograph of the exterior of the office building and another of the interior lobby area. The interior view has been cut and adhered to a clear plastic backing, and bears the photographer's stamp for Applied Photography Ltd.
Illustrations of the office building at 95 Wellington Street West, and one photograph of the site plan. Stamp on verso of photographs gives the architectural firm as Pellow Architect. The building is part of the Toronto-Dominion Centre complex in downtown Toronto.