Showing 231 results

Archival description
Canadian Architect magazine fonds Ontario Image
Print preview View:

231 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Banff Series

The file is comprised of 42 black and white acetate negatives. A selection accompanied "Banff 1958," a transcription of three addresses by Paul Rudolph at the annual Session at Banff and published in The Canadian Architect in March of 1959.

James A. Murray

Fountain in Rosedale

This file contains a series of black and white acetate negatives depicting a steel fountain by Gordon Raynor, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Meltzer of Toronto and published in the August 1958 issue of The Canadian Architect.

Gordon Raynor

Copies of Crutcher Paintings - City Scene

The file contains 3 black and white acetate copy negatives of paintings by Lewis Crutcher. Images of the paintings accompanied the article "Banff 1958 Cityscape" by Lewis Crutcher and were published in the March 1959 issue of The Canadian Architect.

Lutheran Church Bayview

This file contains 12 medium format black and white negatives of the St. Lukes Lutheran Church located at the intersection of Finch and Bayview avenues in Toronto, Ontario.

Copy Negs from J. Acland

This file contains a series of black and white acetate copy negatives produced by James H. Acland. A selection of these images appeared in the article titled Shopping Centres, a special issue, October 1958.

James H. Acland

Roy Thomson Hall

Home of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir. Starting date of the construction is 1978, opened in 1982. photographs of the model,different construction stages, completed building, interior and prespective view of Roy Thompson hall.

Spalding-Smith, Fiona

Sunlife Tower

3 exterior views of whole office building, including details of exterior facade. 4 interior views of a work area, including Women's Lounge and Board Room, of Aluminum Co. of Canada Ltd., office reception, and a private office at Massey-Ferguson Ltd.

Parkin Architects Limited

CN Tower

Photographs of the CN Tower before, during and after construction. Mainly aerial views of exterior.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

Maple Leaf Gardens

Aerial view of the yellow brick arena with large dome, built in 1931, located at 438 Church Street in Toronto. It was home ice for the Toronto Maple Leafs (Hockey team) until 1999. It was purchased by Loblaw Companies in 2004 and in 2009 it was announced that a portion of the arena would be used for Ryerson University althletics, thanks in part to federal government contribution.

Harbour Terrace, Queen's Quay

Photographs of the architect's models. This building was given an Award of Merit by the Governor General's Awards for Architecture in 1990, and an Award of Excellence by the Ontario Association of Architects Awards in 1988.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Art Gallery of Ontario

View of the entrance of the building including details of extarior and interior, main lobby, staircase and Henry Moor Gallery. Contains images of models for the façade [196-?]. Images from two exhibitions can be found in the collection: "Contemporary Furnishings" from 1958, showing Walker Court with chairs and items from local stores, and "The Bauhaus: 50 Years" from 1970. With 45,000 square metres (480,000 sq ft) of physical space, the AGO is one of the largest art museums in North America.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Canada Trust building

Height approx. 263.0m, completed 1968. Building is located at 110 Yonge Street in Toronto. View of the main entrance. This building was designated a heritage property in 1990.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

Confederation life building

View of the exterior of the building, terra-cotta detail above the window and aerial level of the building. The building was constructed ca. 1890. Several interior views of hallways, windows and stairs.

Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) - subway stations and streetcars

Reprints of historical photographs of streetcars, including the Bay Streetcar (May 1, 1937) and streetcar track construction at Bay and Wellington streets (May 8, 1925). A streetcar enters the St. Clair West subway station (date unknown). View of Rosedale Valley subway bridge by John B. Parkin & Associates. Interiors of Dupont subway station (January 26, 1978), Saint Clair West station (date unknown), and Yorkdale subway station (date unknown). View of Yorkdale subway station (date unknown).

St. Lawrence Market

Exterior photographs of the South Hall market, constructed in 1844 by William Thomas, J. Winston Siddall and H.B. Lane. This barn shaped brick building is located at 51 Front Street East in Toronto. The nearby classical revival hall, located at 151 King Street East, was originally built in 1851 and restored in 1967. Photographs include exterior views of renovation, and interior views of the hall ballroom.

Results 1 to 100 of 231