Mostrar 420 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Canada Imagem
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

420 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

No. 1A Pocket Kodak

Item is a folding camera for 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 in. exposure on A116 film. The Autographic feature allowed notes to be made on the film by scratching them into the film paper with a special stylus. A window opened in the back of the camera to expose the backing paper. Has a Kodak F-79 lens.

No. 2 Folding Autographic Brownie

Item is a self-erecting folding camera for 5.7 x 8.25 cm (2 1/2" x 3 1/4") exposures with 120 autographic roll film. The Autogrpahic feature allowed notes to be made on the film by scratching them into the film paper with a special stylus. A window opened in the back of the camera to expose the backing paper. Lens is a Bausch and Lomb with Kodak ball bearing shutter.

Brownie Target Six-20

Item is a small box camera with leatherette casing and metal faceplate. Camera is loaded with Kodak Verichrome 620 film.

No. 2 Brownie model F

Item is an aluminum box camera for 5.7 x 8.25 cm (2 1/4" x 3 1/4") exposures on 120 film. This is a variation on previous models, which were leatherette covered cardboard. Simple lens with 3 aperture settings and rotary shutter.

Brownie Target SIX-20

For 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 in. exposure on 620 film Acromatic lens, 2 aperture settings, rotary shutter. Metal and leatherette case. Case will not separate to open camera.

No. 2C Brownie camera

Item is a fairly large box camera, for 6 7.5 x 12.7 cm (3 x 5") exposures on Kodak 130 film. Simple lens and rotary shutter.

No. 2 Cartridge Hawkeye Model C

Item is a leatherette covered box camera for exposures on 120 film. Originally designed and produced by the Boston Camera Company, Hawk-Eye camera production changed hands twice, once in 1890 when sold to the Blair Camera Company, then again in 1907, when Eastman Kodak purchased the company. Simple lens and rotary shutter.

Kodak Brownie Reflex, Synchro Model

Item consists of a Brownie Reflex Synchro Model, made in Canada by the Canadian Kodak Co. Limited. It has a twin-lens reflex pattern and a large finder with a folding hood. It uses 127 film, a rotary shutter, and has a meniscus lens. It is in the original box with two manual booklets and has a fabric braid strap.

Portrait of boy and girl in outdoor scene

Item is a cream cabinet card with gold letterpress at bottom, "Thom Winnipeg." Photograph shows two children in front of a painted backdrop, depicting a lake and trees. The boy holds a straw hat and the girl is seated on a wooden chair made of twigs. Another straw hat leans against the chair.

Thom

Portrait of a man in fur coat

Item is a cream cabinet card with gold letterpress at bottom centre, "H.C. TAIT./ PHOTOGRAPHS, FANCY GOODS." Photograph shows an old man with long beard in fur coat, seated in an interior, slightly blurred setting. He holds a paper that reads, upside-down, "THE/ -OGRAPH/-/[illegible]".

H.C. Tait Photographs

Portrait of woman, vignetted

Item is a vignetted photograph, portrait of an old woman in black dress, in oval matt with black letterpress at bottom right, "M.M. Morton/ LINDSAY, ONT." Mat is enclosed in a bi-fold grey card with embossed drawing of sun with face on the right side.

M.M. Morton

Portrait of a female graduate

Item is a dark brown card with gold letterpress at bottom centre, "J. FRASER BRYCE/ 107 KING STREET WEST, TORONTO". Picture is 3/4 view of a woman in cap and gown, holding a book in her left hand, with a white fur hood draped across her shoulders, possibly indicating an undergraduate degree obtained. A sticker on the verso reads "$1.00/ D".

J. Fraser Bryce

Portrait of a girl in tartan

Item is a portrait of a little girl in tartan skirt and sash, with black coat and black hat (traditional highland dress?). Photograph is mounted on grey card stock with embossed border and text at bottom in bronze letterpress, "J. Walker/ FERGUS, ONT." On verso, in pencil, "2.00".

J. Walker

Portrait of three children with toys

Item is a pink cabinet card with red backing. In gold letterpress at bottom, "Peppiatt FERGUS." Image is of three children with toys. The youngest is seated in the centre holding a doll in her lap. On the left, a child in striped dress sits on a rocking horse, and to the right, a boy stands holding the reins to a wooden horse head lying on the floor. On verso, in pencil, "1.00".

Peppiatt

Potrait of two men with cabinet card

Item is a brown cabinet card with gold edging and black letterpress at bottom, "Pittaway & Jarvis./ 117 Sparks Street,/ Ottawa, Ont." Photograph is printed with a rounded frame, showing two men seated on a lawn, each holding umbrellas, in front of a studio backdrop. They pass a cabinet card between them. On verso, in black letterpress, "First Prize, Silver Medal,/ Provincial Exhibition, 1884-1887./ From/ Pittaway & Jarvis/ Photographic ARTISTS/ 117 Sparks Street/ OTTAWA/ All Negatives Kept./ Copies or Englargements can be had/ at any time." In pencil, at aupper right, "4.50".

Pittaway & Jarvis

Portrait of men in winter scene

Item is a cream carte de visite with photograph of two men, facing each other as if in conversation, but the right one looks at the camera. A painted winter backdrop with skaters on a rink is behind them. The men wear ice skates. On verso, in black letterpress "MILNE,/ Photographers,/ HAMILTON, ONT." At top, in pencil, "1.00".

Milne Studios Limited

Portrait of woman with violin

Item is a grey bi-fold card with silver embossed art nouveau pattern at upper left (floral). Inside potrait of a woman in sheer dress holding a violin. At bottom right, in black letterpress, "Barrett Studio/ 327 YONGE ST./ TORONTO."

Barrett Studio

Lady sitting for D. parnes

Item is a cream carte de visite with photograph of two women in a studio with formal park backdrop. At bottom, handwritten in pink ink, "S/4 illegible of Leil." On verso, photographer's stamp, "Thomspon & Sun(sic),/ Photographers,/ George Street, Peterborough/ NEGATIVES PRESERVED./ No." In blue ink, "2162/ - of Lady sitting/ for/ D.parne(?)" Below, in grey ink, "Dparnes" is scratched out with blue and below, also in blue ink, "W. Pepper." In pink, at centre of card, "202" and in pencil, at upper left "1083". Finally, beside the text "No." is the penciled number "127".

Thompson & Sun Photographers

Portrait of a couple

Item is a white cabinet card with gold letterpress at bottom, "C.A. FANGOY/ COLLINGWOOD, ONT." Image of a woman in flower-patterened dress standing next to seated man in dark, striped trousers and a fitted jacket with elastics at the elbows. Man wears a flowered hat.

C.A. Fangoy

Portrait of ladies in hats

Item is a portrait of two women wearing hats and coats, mounted on a green, textured card with white border, inset and emboxxed name at left, "Morton/ LINDSAY, ONT." Image has been stuck onto card where a probable previous image was removed.

M.M. Morton

Roy Thomson Hall

Home of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir. Starting date of the construction is 1978, opened in 1982. photographs of the model,different construction stages, completed building, interior and prespective view of Roy Thompson hall.

Spalding-Smith, Fiona

Toronto Pearson International Airport, Old Terminal 1

Interior and exterior of the development of the Toronto International Airport, showing photographs of planes, baggage claim, parking garages. Design drawings were published in the May 1958 issue of Canadian Architect. The airport was originally known as the Malton Airport, opened in 1937, and was redeveloped as an International Airport in the 1960s, and renamed in 1984 for former Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson.

Jowett, H.R.

Montreal, Pointe-à-Callière, Montréal Museum of Archeology and History, Éperon building

The Éperon building was constructed to complement the existing historic architecture of the area, and was built to match the proportions of the Royal Insurance Company building that was previously on the site. The building matches the roof lines of the other structures on the Rue de la Commune, and the tower building (pictured) is an easily identifiable element in the museum complex.

Chen, Roderick

Regent Park Apartments, South Complex

Exterior perspective view of apartment building, night scene. Built shortly after the Second World War, Regent Park was a leading-edge design, providing affordable housing to 7,500 people.

James, Arthur

Westmount Square

Exterior view of office buildings within Westmount Square, Montréal. The four buildings, two of which are residential, were designed by architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. The complex opened on December 13, 1967. (www.wikipedia)

Jowett, H.R.

Sunlife Tower

3 exterior views of whole office building, including details of exterior facade. 4 interior views of a work area, including Women's Lounge and Board Room, of Aluminum Co. of Canada Ltd., office reception, and a private office at Massey-Ferguson Ltd.

Parkin Architects Limited

Art Gallery of Ontario

View of the entrance of the building including details of extarior and interior, main lobby, staircase and Henry Moor Gallery. Contains images of models for the façade [196-?]. Images from two exhibitions can be found in the collection: "Contemporary Furnishings" from 1958, showing Walker Court with chairs and items from local stores, and "The Bauhaus: 50 Years" from 1970. With 45,000 square metres (480,000 sq ft) of physical space, the AGO is one of the largest art museums in North America.

Applied Photography Ltd.

CIL House Offices

Head office is jointly occupied by Catholic Education Center. Building cost was 33.5 million including land and construction. View of entrance, interior and exterior of the building. Images 2009.002.016.002 & 003 had yellow sticky notes attached indicating they were considered for the July 1982 cover of Canadian Architect magazine. The sticky notes were kept with the files. Images of the reception area show a ceramic mural by Angelo di Petta called Canadian Allegory. This mural is made of 84 tiles which will cover the entire third floor lobby wall.

Spalding-Smith, Fiona

Canada Trust building

Height approx. 263.0m, completed 1968. Building is located at 110 Yonge Street in Toronto. View of the main entrance. This building was designated a heritage property in 1990.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

Toronto, Bank of Montreal, 30 Yonge Street

Built in 1885 for the Bank of Montreal, this branch bank was one of the few buildings in the are to survive Toronto's Great Fire of 1904. Designed by Darling and Curry, the architects who had recently completed the equally august Victoria Hospital for Sick Children on College Street, the Bank of Montreal's head office was the most striking of Toronto's nineteenth-century bank buildings. The building remained a branch until 1982. The Hockey Hall of Fame officially opened in this building, incorporated into the BCE Place development, in 1993. The new $35 million facility has almost 60,000 square feet of floor space. There is access from shopping mall concourse level at BCE Place. The Hockey Hall of Fame is a world-class sports and entertainment facility and is one of Toronto's prime tourist attractions drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. "Hockey Hall of Fame - About Us," Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum, 2010. Accessed on October 21, 2010. http://www.hhof.com/html/gi20300.shtml

Meteorological Headquarters building

The headquarters building is four storeys high, aproximetely 430 ft. long by 210 ft. wide and has a gross floor area of 340.000 sq.ft. Two courtyards occupying the center bays of the building provide natural light to interior offices and laboratories. The building programme included offices, warehousing facilities, classrooms, lecture theatre, research library and archives, cafeteria and specialized scientific facilities such as observetion domes, radar equipment and wind tunnels. Views of the courts, lobby, typical service core. Interior and exterior views.

Toronto Eaton shoping center

View of the model, details of exterior and interior of the constructed building. Aerial views of the center. Total retail floor area 159,979.0 m2. It has five floors and fist was opened in 1977

Crang & Boake Inc.

Confederation life building

View of the exterior of the building, terra-cotta detail above the window and aerial level of the building. The building was constructed ca. 1890. Several interior views of hallways, windows and stairs.

CN Tower

Photographs of the CN Tower before, during and after construction. Mainly aerial views of exterior.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

Fairview mall

Interior views of the Simpsons department store, and views of the shopping concourse between Eaton's, Simpson's and the Hudson's Bay Company (all major anchor stores in the mall). One exterior view of the mall, showing the Hudson's Bay Company store.

Panda/Croydon Associates

Maple Leaf Gardens

Aerial view of the yellow brick arena with large dome, built in 1931, located at 438 Church Street in Toronto. It was home ice for the Toronto Maple Leafs (Hockey team) until 1999. It was purchased by Loblaw Companies in 2004 and in 2009 it was announced that a portion of the arena would be used for Ryerson University althletics, thanks in part to federal government contribution.

North York City Hall

Interior view of office space on main level. The building ceased to function as a municipal city hall after North York was amalgamated into the Toronto Metropolitan Area in the late 1990s. It now serves as the North York Civic Centre, located on Yonge Street north of Sheppard Avenue.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Lothian Mews

Views of the shopping arcade and central courtyard, decorated with café tables and umbrellas.

Jowett, Henry Roger

Rogers Centre (SkyDome)

Photographs of the architect's model and illustrations for the SkyDome, a covered convertible dome over a baseball field and entertainment stadium. Artist's illustrations of proposed designs from The Webb Zerafa Menkes Housdon Partnership and The Robbie/Adjeleian/Norr Consortium. Later photographs show the construction of the dome, and an aerial view of hte site. The building was renamed the Rogers Centre in 2005.

Lenscape Incorporated

Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) - subway stations and streetcars

Reprints of historical photographs of streetcars, including the Bay Streetcar (May 1, 1937) and streetcar track construction at Bay and Wellington streets (May 8, 1925). A streetcar enters the St. Clair West subway station (date unknown). View of Rosedale Valley subway bridge by John B. Parkin & Associates. Interiors of Dupont subway station (January 26, 1978), Saint Clair West station (date unknown), and Yorkdale subway station (date unknown). View of Yorkdale subway station (date unknown).

St. Lawrence Market

Exterior photographs of the South Hall market, constructed in 1844 by William Thomas, J. Winston Siddall and H.B. Lane. This barn shaped brick building is located at 51 Front Street East in Toronto. The nearby classical revival hall, located at 151 King Street East, was originally built in 1851 and restored in 1967. Photographs include exterior views of renovation, and interior views of the hall ballroom.

Metro Toronto Reference Library

Built in 1977, this building was featured in the July 1984 issue of Canadian Architect magazine on atriums. Interior and exterior views. The name was changed to "Toronto Reference Library" in 1998 when it was incorporated into the Toronto Public Library system. It is the biggest public reference library in Canada.

North York, Joseph Shepard Federal office building

The Joseph Shepard Building is located in the urban core of the North York region of Toronto. The fourteen-storey, modern office complex is pyramidal in form with stepped massing and an asymmetrical plan. The building's walls are clad in rust-red and brown clay brick and have continuous bands of windows and brick spandrels that create a strong horizontal emphasis. Prominent features of its design are its five-storey atrium, many open-air terraces, public courtyard and accessible mall. A strong architectural vocabulary unifies the interior and exterior. The designation is confined to the footprint of the building.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Montreal, La Comédie-Canadienne theatre

Photographs of the renovation of the former Radio-City cinema in Montreal. It was purchased by Gratien Gélinas for La Comédie-Canadienne in 1957 and renovated by André Blouin.

La Comédie-Canadienne was active from 1958-1969. The company produced Canadian and Québecois theatre, dance and music productions. The company closed down in 1973 and its theatre became the permanent home of the of Theatre du Noveau Monde (http://www.tnm.qc.ca).

Taillefer, Paul

Jonquière, Alcan Industrial Complex

From Canadian Architect magazine, July 1985: [the building] features a curved profile at the top in aluminum cladding. Light enters large windows at the building's ends and middle and through translucent panels on the south wall and stairwells. Openings below the floor allow for ventilation and are coupled with a plenum in a heat distribution system.

Granby, Ave Maria School

Photographs of the exterior of the single storey elementary school building. 16 classrooms and offices are grouped around a central auditorium. View of entrance mural above main entrance painted by Adrian Vilandré. The building has a light steel structural frame with brick veneer and tongue-and-groove boards for exterior finishing. All windows are double-glazed, ceilings are perforated fibreboard, flooring is vinyl asbestos tile.

Studio Alain Enrg.

Moulinette, Christ Church

Photograph of a nineteenth century clapboard church with bell tower which was removed from its location (pictured) due to the rising waters of the St. Lawrence seaway. (Information from typewritten caption pasted on verso.) The area being submerged was one of the earliest settled in Upper Canada and a key battle site during the War of 1812. This church was preserved as part of Upper Canada Village (Morrisburg, Ontario), a restored historic village operated as a museum and recreation area.

Capital Press Service

Montreal, Church of Notre-Dame-de-la-Salette

Exterior view of church entrance, with huge ceramic mural executed by Claude Vermette, and interior view of a decorative panel "Blessed Virgin Mary" designed by J. C. Charuet. Additional interior view of round altar in the centre of the church.

Wright, Bruce

Montreal, Cormier House

The house Cormier built for himself (1930-31) in the Golden Square Mile, an elegant Montréal neighbourhood. Cormier experimented with a variety of styles in the house: Art deco on the facade, monumental on one side and more modernist in the back. Cormier created most of the furniture, with remaining pieces acquired at the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes in Paris

Merrett, Brian

Colisée du Québec, Québec

Photograph of the coliseum after renovations in 1982. A sticker on the back of the photograph reads: "Distinction en architecture 1982/ L'agrandissement du Colisée du Québec/ Bégin et Rodrigue/ Photo: Jocelyn Huard"

Huard, Jocelyn

Montreal, Le Drug

Photographs of the interior of the shop and entranceway. Le Drug was a multipurpose building that also functioned as a popular theatre, dance hall, art museum and caffe in Montreal's art scene.

Montreal, Le Château Champlain - Place du Canada

Photographs of the exterior of the building, as well as interiors of L'Escapade and Caf' Conc' (dining areas). The 38 floor hotel is known today as the Marriott Chateau Champlain Hotel.
The interior of the hotel was designed by David T Williams (New York) and Earle A Morrison (Vancouver).

Canada Pacific

Mont-Joli, Maurice Lamontagne Institute

Image of a model for the building.
Located near Mont Joli, Quebec, MLI has been the world's leading francophone marine sciences centre since it was established in 1987 by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO). It is primarily involved in providing the federal government with methods of conserving marine resources, protecting the marine environment, safe marine navigation, as well as research, monitoring and assessment of fisheries, marine mammals, oceanography, and habitats of the Estuary and Gulf of St. Lawrence and Northern Quebec. The Canadian Hydrographic Service at the MLI is responsible for the nautical charts for the region. Also contained within the MLI are the Laurentian Regional Science Branch and the Regional Oceans Branch of the DFO. The MLI takes part in joint projects with the Groupe interuniversitaire de recherches en océanographie du Québec (GIROQ), the Université du Québec à Rimouski, and the Institut maritime du Québec.

Montreal, La Cour Notre Dame

Photographs of the exterior of the building showing the historic facade and renovated courtyard, as well as interior shots of typical rooms in the apartments. Part of a renovation project begun in 1985.

Studio K-3

Martinez house, Saint-Bruno

Photograph of the exterior, side-view, in winter. A sticker adhered to the back of the photograph reads: "Distinction en architecture 1982/ La résidence Martinez-Camps/ Jorge Martinez-Camps"

Resultados 1 a 100 de 420