Print preview Close

Showing 934 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

17 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

School of Fashion

  • RG 216
  • Archief
  • 1912 - ?

Towards the end of World War II, the Training and Re-Establishment Institute, Toronto (T.R.I.T.) was established in the existing Toronto Normal School buildings to provide rehabilitation training to the men and women who served in the Royal Canadian Air Force. Fashion was one of the sixty programs offered at T.R.I.T. Sarah W. Murdoch, who had planned the original Fashion course, received permission from Dr. Howard H. Kerr to revise the program for the Fall of 1948 and the new Ryerson Institute of Technology. A two-year Diploma course in Costume Design, which included two four-week job training periods, produced the first graduating class in June 1950.
From 1950-1960, the program went through a number of changes, the biggest being in 1958 when Fashion came under the umbrella of "Women's programs," which also consisted of Home Economics and Pre-School Education. All courses and content had to meet the requirements of the Home Economics Division of the Department of Education. The program had originally been set up to include male and female students, but its new emphasis on Home Economics discouraged many men from applying.
The Fashion program remained under Home Economics until 1970, when the Home Economics Department was removed from the Division of Applied Arts. The Fashion Department objected to this move and was subsequently granted permission to remain in the Applied Arts Division. As a result, a brand new three-year program was developed for students for the Fall of 1970, with two specialization options: Design and Merchandising. The program became so popular that enrollment was limited by 1972.
In 1973 Jen Nemeth, Department Chairman, implemented changes to validate the program as a four-year undergraduate degree, an undertaking supported by Nemeth's successor, Bill Vine. The Fashion Department put forth a proposal for the degree program to Ryerson’s Standards Committee in March 1981 and then to Academic Council that October, with the intention that first-year applicants to the degree program would start in September 1982. However, due to the Ministry of College and University's freeze on all new undergraduate programs, the proposal was deferred. The program finally received its degree status in March 1985, making it the first (and, for many years, only) fashion undergraduate degree program in Canada. The first Bachelor of Applied Arts degree class graduated in 1986, which consisted of third-year diploma students who had chosen to remain for a fourth year.
A few program adjustments occurred over the next 30 years, including changes in requirements, option names, and discipline names. In addition, the School of Fashion moved to the Faculty of Communication & Design (FCAD). Starting in 2004, Fashion shifted from granting Applied Arts degrees to Bachelor of Design degrees (in Fashion Design or Fashion Communication), retroactive to 2003.
In Fall 2010, Ryerson introduced an innovative two-year program leading to a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Fashion. This program is the first of its kind offered in Canada. A minor in Fashion Studies was made available the following year to students not enrolled in the Fashion program.

Information acquired from:
"History of Fashion Program" in "The Department of Design and Merchandising Degree Proposal" (1982) http://www.ryersonfashion.ca/ (Last accessed February 2015) http://mafashion.ryerson.ca/ (Last accessed February 2015) http://mafashion.ryerson.ca/program-overview (Last accessed February 2015)
LinkedIn profile (Last accessed February 2015)
clippings file

Record group contains records by the School of Fashion as of 1950 that relate to fashion shows, meeting minutes and reports, degree proposals and other academic material, promotional material, documentation on special events and projects, and photographs. Includes textual records; black-and-white and colour photographic prints, slides, and negatives; posters; VHS videocassettes; DVDs; and data CDs.

School of Fashion

School of Occupational and Public Health

  • RG 219
  • Archief
  • 1952-2012

The fonds consists of materials from the School of Occupational and Public Health. Included are materials from all phases of the School's evolution - Sanitary Inspector's Course, Public Health Department, Environmental Health to the present day School of Occupational and Public Health.
Materials include photographs, correspondence, papers and promotional materials.

School of Occupational and Public Health

Ted Rogers School of Management

  • RG 222
  • Archief
  • 1967-2014

The fonds contains a variety of materials including newspapers, newsletters, correspondence, advertising, photographs, programmes, and brochures related to the Business Division, Business Administration Division, Faculty of Business and the Ted Rogers School of Management.

Ted Rogers School of Management

CESAR

  • RG 24
  • Archief
  • 1978 - 2018

G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education

  • RG 27
  • Archief

Fonds consists of materials relating to Ryerson's School of Continuing Education.
Fonds is broken down into three sous-fonds:

RG 27.01 Continuing Education
RG 27.02 Management Development Institute
RG 27.03 Programs for the 50+

York-Ryerson Computing Centre

  • RG 281
  • Archief
  • 1972 - 1982

Fonds contains textual records related to the York-Ryerson Computing Centre.

York-Ryerson Computing Centre

CUPE 233

  • RG 285
  • Archief
  • 1969 - 2004

Fonds contains textual records generated by or related to the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 233 (CUPE 233).

CUPE 233

Department of English

  • RG 286
  • Archief
  • 1949 - 2012

This fonds contains documents created by the Department of English. The majority of the records are administrative and academic in nature, focusing on internal correspondence, course syllabi and reading lists, budgetary information regarding the department, and faculty records. There are also a number of promotional posters and graphics created by the department to advertise their guest lectures, workshops, and the program in general. In addition, there are also several published books, primarily covering poetry and short story anthologies published by faculty members and students.

Department of English

Department of Architectural Science

  • RG 3
  • Archief
  • 1949 -

This fonds contains textual records, photographs, and architectural drawings related to the Department of Architectural Science.

Athletics and Recreation

  • RG 30
  • Archief

Sports and Recreation name changed to Athletics and Recreation in May of 2010.

Mattamy Centre Opening Weekend materials

  • RG 30.120.02
  • Bestanddeel
  • 2012

File contains materials created for the opening weekend of the Mattamy Athletic Centre at what was once Maple Leaf Gardens. Included in the file is a commemorative hockey puck, an access pass to the President's reception, a ticket and program for the inaugural men's hockey game and an inaugural weekend ticket and program.

School of Nutrition

  • RG 303
  • Archief
  • 1950 - ?

Fonds includes archival records related to the Ryerson School of Nutrition.

Joint Job Evaluation Committee

  • RG 310
  • Archief
  • 1988-1996

The job evaluation committee was formed in 1988 to evaluate all OPSEU job positions for equity - equal pay for equal work. The committee, made up of OPSEU and Ryerson staff, were mandated to develop and maintain a job evaluation system and a job evaluation plan, and the practices and procedures for implementation.

Office of Security and Emergency Services

  • RG 311
  • Archief
  • 1988 - ?

Fonds consists of security bulletins, promotional material, vacancy notices, a proposal for community-based violence education and prevention, and an artifact.

Mattamy Athletic Centre at Maple Leaf Gardens

  • RG 326
  • Archief
  • 1930 - 2012

The fonds consists of records and objects related to Maple Leaf Gardens and to Ryerson Mattamy Athletic Centre located within the former Maple Leaf Gardens building.

Health and Wellness Committee

  • RG 327
  • Archief
  • 1989-03-16

Fonds contains materials relating to Ryerson's Health and Wellness Centre Committee.

Health and Wellness Committee

Ryerson Darts Club

  • RG 381
  • Archief
  • 1980-1987

The trophies and the plaque were awarded at darts tournaments. One trophy is for the Ryerson Alumni dart championship.

Ryerson Darts Club

Office of Information Services

  • RG 4
  • Archief
  • 1949-1986

This records group contains records related to the Office of Information Services.

Office of Information Services

Working Group on Design Education

  • RG 439
  • Archief
  • 1978-1986

This record group consists of materials related to or created by the Working Group on Design Education. Included are meeting minutes, correspondence, memorandums, proposals, reports, and recommendations.

Working Group on Design Education

Ryeham Radio Club

  • RG 441
  • Archief
  • 1953 - ?

The Ryeham Radio Club was a student group formed in 1953 as an offshoot of the Radio Broadcast program. Members were predominantly members of the Electronic Technology course, several of whom were licensed amateurs. The club operated the radio code VE3RIT, and in 1956, Ryeham became net control for Eastern Canadian universities. Ryeham eventually changed its name to the Ryerson University Amateur Radio Club, and continued in existence until approximately the year 2000.

CKLN Radio

  • RG 456
  • Archief
  • 1970 - 2011

Fonds contains textual, graphic, and audio records, and artifacts related to CKLN FM 88.1 radio station.

CKLN Radio

Ryerson Centre

  • RG 457
  • Archief
  • 1966 - 2006

Fonds contains records related to the operation of The Ryerson Centre.

Ryerson Centre

Library Committee

  • RG 460
  • Archief
  • 1983 - 1996

The Learning Resource Committee was formed in 1980. It had 3 representatives from each division at Ryerson (Applied Arts, Arts, Business, Community Services, Technology, and Continuing Education) - one student, one faculty member, and a representative for the Deans and Chairmen. The Committee also consisted of 1 librarian, 1 staff member of the Media Centre, and the Director of the Learning Resources Centre. The chairman would be appointed by the Vice President Academic and Vice President Administration for a two year term, and the secretary appointed by the LRC Director. The committee met 4 times per academic year. The Library Committee, formerly the Learning Resources Committee.
As of 1990 the composition of the committee had some changes. Each faculty/division was responsible for appointing a student (from a list provided by the RSU), a faculty member, and a dean or head of academic department. The staff members were appointed for 2 years, the students for one. The committee also consisted of the Chief Librarian, the co-ordinator of Library services, the Archivist, a librarian (chosen by all the librarians) and a support staff member from the library (chosen by the support staff). All of their terms were for 2 years. The Chair (a faculty member) would still be chosen by the Vice President Academic and the secretary was provided by the Chief Librarian's office. The President's of the RSU and CESAR acted as ex-officio, non-voting members. Meetings were increased to 1 per month during the academic year.

Vietnamese Student Association

  • RG 495
  • Archief
  • 1991 - ?

The Vietnamese Student Association at Ryerson (VSAR) is a student group that promotes community building, social networking, and Vietnamese culture. They hold social events, including food and dance evenings, participate in events held by the United Vietnamese Student Association (UVSA), and publish an annual magazine.

This fonds include 10 cm of textual records of the magazine Giai Pham Xuan and club notices.

Faculty Council

  • RG 498
  • Archief
  • 1948-1969

In 1948 an Institute Council was formed, two years later it appears to have changed its name to Faculty Council. Then between 1958-1965 there does not appear to have been a Faculty Council, possibly replaced again by the Institute Council. In April 1965 the Institute Council was replaced once again when the Board of Governors officially passes a resolution for the formation of a Faculty Council consisting of the Principal (chairman), some senior administrative officials, departmental chairmen, 15 members of the teaching faculty (3 yr. appointments), and 15 representatives from various departments (3 yr. appointments). In the late 1960's the Faculty Council became the Academic Council. Academic Council eventually changed its name to the Senate.

Fonds contains general records and meeting minutes from the Institute Council and the Faculty Council. It also contains meeting minutes and associated records for two of the Council's committees - Physical Facilities and the "X" (Executive) Committee.

Ryerson Library

  • RG 5
  • Archief
  • 1948 - ?

Library Department

Women in Engineering Committee

  • RG 521
  • Archief
  • 1989-1997

Fond contains records related to the Women in Engineering Committee, the Discover Engineering project, and the Discover Engineering Summer Camp Program.

Women in Engineering Committee

Task Force on Athletics

  • RG 522
  • Archief
  • 1973-1974

This record group consists of materials related to the Task Force on Athletics. Included are administrative materials, clippings, and reports.

Athletic Task Force

Student Housing

  • RG 564
  • Archief
  • 1974-

The contents of the fonds consists primarily of handbooks, guides, and other resources for students living in Ryerson residence.

Student Housing

Senate

  • RG 57
  • Archief
Resultaten 701 tot 800 van 934