Affichage de 2478 résultats

Description archivistique
Canadian Architect magazine fonds
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

1539 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Our Lady Queen of Croatia Church

Interior and exterior views of a brick church building. A central rose window with icon of Mary and Child are photographed both front and back. Other photographs include views of the nave and altar, and decorative panels depicting the Stations of the Cross.

Posluns house

Single-family dwelling. Exterior views of brick and wood home in landscaped property; interior views of living room.

Jowett, Henry Roger

Four Seasons Sheraton hotel

Architect's model of a hotel complex, and illustration showing hotel in streetscape at 123 Queen Street West. The finished building was featured in an article in Canadian Architect magazine in May 1973. One photograph of the building, taken from the east along Queen Street.

Panda Associates Photography

Don Mills, Southill Village

Interior and exterior views of a townhouse complex. Exteriors of the two and three storey buildings are pictured, as well as interiors. The housing plan was devised by Roy P. Rogers Enterprises Ltd. and based on the success of Chatham Village in Pittsburgh, USA, a planned community established in 1932 as a "social and economic demonstration." In Southill Village, the first unit type was two storey with a split-level entrance, the second was similar but the entrances are emphasized through two floors as a contrast. The third unit type had a flat roof and the last type was a split-level building which appears to be a one-storey building from the street.

Fleet, Max

Lord Simcoe Hotel

Exterior views of high rise hotel constructed ca. 1957, located at 150 King Street West. It was replaced by the Toronto Stock Exchange Tower in 1983.

Sears house

Additions and alterations to a single family home, completed with stucco and decorated with a Southwest theme.

Educational buildings, SEF program (Study of Educational Facilities)

Photographs of buildings constructed under the SEF (Study of Educational Facilities) program by the Metropolitan School Board. These buildings were featured In the article "SEF - A Critical Evaluation" published in Canadian Architect, February 1972, pp.26-33. The buildings are used as a critique of the SEF program by prominent Toronto Architects, including:Howard V. Walker, Ronald M. Glaiser, W. T. Pentland, George A. Robb, John N. Shaw, and Alan Wilcox. The buildings themselves are not named in the article, but Denlow Public School, Brooks Road Junior Public School, and Don Valley Junior High School have been identified. Articles on SEF also appeared in Canadian Architect, December 1969 and April 1971.

Simpsons Tower

Photographs of the interior and exterior of a glass and concrete high rise office tower, showing elegant dining area, escalators and stairs, and hallways.

Panda/Croydon Associates

Southern Pacific hotels services offices

Two renovated Victorian homes turned into office space in Toronto's Yorkville neighbourhood. Interior photographs showing offices, waiting areas, hallways, bathrooms, stairwells, and pedestrian underground shopping concourse.

Spalding-Smith, Fiona

Toronto, St. Joan of Arc Roman Catholic Church

Parish church located at 701 Bloor Street West in Toronto. Exterior view of solid brick construction with interlocking brick corner detailing and bell tower. A piece of paper adhered to vero lists the details of the building's submission ot the OMRC Annual Design Awards in 1967. Name of Building: St. Joan of Arc Roman Catholic Church. Location: Corner Bloor St. W and Indian Grove Rd., Toronto. Date of Completion: April, 1967. Architect: William Saccoccio. Consulting Structural Engineer: E .J. Beauchamp & Associates. General Contractor: Smid Construction Ltd. Masonry Contractor: Smid Construction Ltd. Source of Structural Clay Products: Domtar Construction Materials Ltd.

Geerling, Hans

Toronto, Sutton Place hotel

Photograph of the Sutton Place Hotel, taken from the corner of Bay and St. Joseph Streets, looking South on Bay Street. Two car dealerships are visible on opposite sides of the street, advertising car brands Imperial, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Valiant.

Jowett, Henry Roger

Independent Order of Foresters building / Temple building : Toronto

Exterior photograph of one of the first skyscrapers in Toronto, built in 1896 at the corner of Richmond and Bay Streets, and briefly the tallest building in the city. It was designed with a cast-iron frame and had a red-brick and Credit Valley stone façade designed to complement the Romanesque revival design of nearby buildings: Old City Hall and the Confederation Life building. It was demolished in 1970, and the property was re-developed by Y and R Properties into a new office complex at 390 Bay Street.

Toronto, Toronto Design Centre

Illustration of a 5600 square metre showroom for interior design and contract furnishings, with a 2-storey granite and glass entry lobby, a landscaped inner courtyard and a 185 square metre exhibition space.

Toronto, Cityscape

View of the city skyline from one of the Toronto Island docks. A sailboat and harbourplane are visible in the picture.This image was featured in an article discussing outdoor spaces in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.

Legg Brothers Ltd.

United Rubber Workers of America building

Photograph of the exterior of a low-rise office building at night. Office has a large decorative concrete mural above the main entrance designed by Don Wallace, Primavera Design Group, and the related article in Canadian Architect magazine discusses the creation, shipment and installation of this piece.

Panda Associates Photography

West Park vocational school

Photographs of the interior of a technical school showing students in classrooms and the gymnasium, as well as hallways with wood-panneled walls. Two exterior views of the brick building, one showing a raised concrete walkway at the second storey.

York Square

Exterior views of the shopping arcade and central courtyard located at 148 Yorkville Avenue in Toronto, with details of staircases, windows, brickwork, enclosed and rooftop café areas, shops signs such as: J.W. Shoe Designs, The Albertine, Just Jane and The Book Cellar. This complex was a finalist for a Massey Medal for Architecture in 1970.

N. & H. Studio

Don Mills, Row Housing -Missing

Exterior views of a multi-storey townhouse complex, showing yards and parking. The stacked residences have a bachelor apartment or garage under the two storey housing units above.

Shawcroft, B.

Don Mills, Don Mills Centre

Photographs from different stages of development of the Don Mills Centre. The strip plaza was opened in 1955 with a small number of shops, and it expanded in the 1960s to serve the growing community. A project was undertaken in 1978 to enclose the mall. One photograph shows the original outdoor walkways, and the second photograph is an aerial view showing the parking lot and the central Eaton's store.

Shawcroft, B.

Lyndhurst Hospital

Photograph of the interior lobby/hallway in the hospital located at 520 Sutherland Drive in Toronto. A half-wall in wood panneling separates the space.

Gloucester Mews

Renovation and addition to a heritage property located at 2 Gloucester Street in Toronto. The original Masonic building was constructed in 1888. The addition to this building won a Canadian Architect Award of Excellence in 1972.

Clark, Clive

Gas Works

The gas works building located at 251 Front St., built in 1887-1888, belonged to the Consumers Gas Company and produced gas for light fixtures. It was known as Purifying House No. 2. The file contains an image of the interior of the building being gutted. The basilica-style interior space is evident in the empty room. In 1985, The Canadian Opera Company purchased the buildings north of the lane and commenced an comprehensive $10 million restoration program with Bregman, Hamann and Arcop Associates. It would later house the Imperial Oil Opera Theatre and the Joey and Toby Tanenbaum Opera Centre.

Fraser residence

Exterior view of a house at 4 Old George Place in Toronto. The style is influenced by Japanese, West Coast Canadian and Native Canadian architecture, with sloping rooflines and durable materials that integrate with a natural setting. The structure is made of red brick, interspersed with cedar sections and glass panes.

Jowett, Roger

Fifth Church of Christ, Scientist

Interior church decoration, featuring metal letters adhered to the wall with phrases such as "God is Love". Views of altar and worship space, located at 41 Chatsworth Drive near Lawrence and Yonge Streets in Toronto.

Ed's Warehouse

Streetscapes, showing Ed's Warehouse on King Street West in Toronto, next to the Royal Alexandra Theatre and an advertisement for Old Ed's, one in the group of warehouse restaurants, from the Lakeshore Boulevard.

Don Mills, Don Valley Woods

Interior and exterior views of two phases of development of a townhouse complex. Single and multi-storey buildings are pictured, as well as interiors.

Fleet, Max

Devonsleigh Place

Exterior view of a brick mansion with dormer windows and portico, renovated into a restaurant located at 4125 Steeles Avenue in Toronto. The restaurant Casa-Imperial serves Chinese cuisine.

Retired street sign, Surrey Place and Breadalbane Street, Toronto

Photograph of a street sign situated in the middle of a grassy lawn, with office buildings in background. This image was taken as part of a commentary on colonnades for a special article in Canadian Architect magazine, titled "Citizen and the City". A part of the caption reads: "When the street is removed, both the colonnade and the building are removed from the public realm to the acropolis and we as citizens are left, not with a way through, but a way around." (p.32)

Courtesy Chevrolet Oldsmobile dealership

Interior and exterior views of a car dealership and service centre, showing lounge areas, showrooms with cars, mechanics' work areas, garage doors, and entrances to the building. The building is located on the Queensway near highway 427 in Toronto.

Charles O. Bick College, Toronto Police Service

Exterior view of the college which houses the Training and Education unit of the Toronto Police Service. The building houses classrooms, labs, a range, pool and gymnasium. A piece of paper taped to the back of the image gives the architects as: Wilson, Newton, Roberts, Duncan.

Head office, Bank of Toronto

Exterior views of the 1862 head office of the Bank of Toronto at Wellington and Church Streets, demolished to make way for the construction of the Toronto-Dominion Bank tower.

Casa Loma and Baldwin Steps

Aerial views of the Gothic Revival castle located at 1 Austin Terrace in Toronto, and a small colour photograph of the base of the Baldwin steps, named for the original landowner and former premier of Ontario Robert Baldwin, a public pathway which connects two sections of Spadina Road and is often used by visitors to the historic castle.

Myers residence, 19 Berryman street, Toronto

Two story residence designed by Barton Myers for his own use in Toronto's Yorkville area. The house fills a narrow urban lot, approximately 25 x 188 feet. There is a central courtyard with greenhouse roof. An article on the house was published in the April 1972 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.

1666 Bay street, Toronto

Exterior view of a luxury condominium development on Bay Street. A piece of paper taped to the back of the photograph gives the property developers as The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited and Revenue Properties Limited.

505 Broadview avenue, Toronto

Photograph of the front lawn and porch of a house on Broadview Avenue. A concrete footpath has been laid from the sidewalk to the front porch, designed to circle around the base of a tree in the way.

Burrow, Gordon

House design model, Toronto

Design proposal for a house in downtown Toronto, one of a group of similar dwellings with an inner courtyard that acts as a buffer from the noise from street traffic.

Canadian Magazine building, 200 Adelaide street west, Toronto

Photograph of a six-story brick and beam office building. Built in 1913 for the manufacture of jewelry and ancillary industrial uses, renovated in 1980s by Dunlop Farrow Aitken Architects. The 1983 renovation was reviewed by Canadian Architect magazine in the December 1983 issue. This building was designated a Heritage Property by the City of Toronto in 2005.

184 Roxborough drive, Toronto

Photograph of the extension built onto the back of the Georgian heritage property. The addition won the Award for Residential Design in 1971 from the Canadian Housing Design Council. Text on the back of the photograph gives extracts of Jury report.

Résultats 601 à 700 sur 2478