Affichage de 1896 résultats

Description archivistique
Avec objets numériques
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

Montreal, Cormier House

The house Cormier built for himself (1930-31) in the Golden Square Mile, an elegant Montréal neighbourhood. Cormier experimented with a variety of styles in the house: Art deco on the facade, monumental on one side and more modernist in the back. Cormier created most of the furniture, with remaining pieces acquired at the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes in Paris

Merrett, Brian

Montreal, Church of Notre-Dame-de-la-Salette

Exterior view of church entrance, with huge ceramic mural executed by Claude Vermette, and interior view of a decorative panel "Blessed Virgin Mary" designed by J. C. Charuet. Additional interior view of round altar in the centre of the church.

Wright, Bruce

Moulinette, Christ Church

Photograph of a nineteenth century clapboard church with bell tower which was removed from its location (pictured) due to the rising waters of the St. Lawrence seaway. (Information from typewritten caption pasted on verso.) The area being submerged was one of the earliest settled in Upper Canada and a key battle site during the War of 1812. This church was preserved as part of Upper Canada Village (Morrisburg, Ontario), a restored historic village operated as a museum and recreation area.

Capital Press Service

Granby, Ave Maria School

Photographs of the exterior of the single storey elementary school building. 16 classrooms and offices are grouped around a central auditorium. View of entrance mural above main entrance painted by Adrian Vilandré. The building has a light steel structural frame with brick veneer and tongue-and-groove boards for exterior finishing. All windows are double-glazed, ceilings are perforated fibreboard, flooring is vinyl asbestos tile.

Studio Alain Enrg.

Jonquière, Alcan Industrial Complex

From Canadian Architect magazine, July 1985: [the building] features a curved profile at the top in aluminum cladding. Light enters large windows at the building's ends and middle and through translucent panels on the south wall and stairwells. Openings below the floor allow for ventilation and are coupled with a plenum in a heat distribution system.

Montreal, La Comédie-Canadienne theatre

Photographs of the renovation of the former Radio-City cinema in Montreal. It was purchased by Gratien Gélinas for La Comédie-Canadienne in 1957 and renovated by André Blouin.

La Comédie-Canadienne was active from 1958-1969. The company produced Canadian and Québecois theatre, dance and music productions. The company closed down in 1973 and its theatre became the permanent home of the of Theatre du Noveau Monde (http://www.tnm.qc.ca).

Taillefer, Paul

Montreal, Pointe-à-Callière, Montréal Museum of Archeology and History, Éperon building

The Éperon building was constructed to complement the existing historic architecture of the area, and was built to match the proportions of the Royal Insurance Company building that was previously on the site. The building matches the roof lines of the other structures on the Rue de la Commune, and the tower building (pictured) is an easily identifiable element in the museum complex.

Chen, Roderick

Bruce Etherington: Toronto-Dominion Bank

Photographs of architects participating in the planning proces for a new branch of the Toronto-Dominion Bank in Mississauga. Persons pictured are: A. Bruce Etherington, Harry Waring, Robert McCague (office manager and spec. writer), Valentin Petschar and Edmond Ruud (draftsmen), Mrs. Rosa Teshima (secretary).

Résultats 401 à 500 sur 1896