Affichage de 434 résultats

Description archivistique
Canada Avec objets numériques
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

Portrait of a female graduate

Item is a dark brown card with gold letterpress at bottom centre, "J. FRASER BRYCE/ 107 KING STREET WEST, TORONTO". Picture is 3/4 view of a woman in cap and gown, holding a book in her left hand, with a white fur hood draped across her shoulders, possibly indicating an undergraduate degree obtained. A sticker on the verso reads "$1.00/ D".

J. Fraser Bryce

Lady sitting for D. parnes

Item is a cream carte de visite with photograph of two women in a studio with formal park backdrop. At bottom, handwritten in pink ink, "S/4 illegible of Leil." On verso, photographer's stamp, "Thomspon & Sun(sic),/ Photographers,/ George Street, Peterborough/ NEGATIVES PRESERVED./ No." In blue ink, "2162/ - of Lady sitting/ for/ D.parne(?)" Below, in grey ink, "Dparnes" is scratched out with blue and below, also in blue ink, "W. Pepper." In pink, at centre of card, "202" and in pencil, at upper left "1083". Finally, beside the text "No." is the penciled number "127".

Thompson & Sun Photographers

No. 2C Brownie camera

Item is a fairly large box camera, for 6 7.5 x 12.7 cm (3 x 5") exposures on Kodak 130 film. Simple lens and rotary shutter.

Montreal, La Comédie-Canadienne theatre

Photographs of the renovation of the former Radio-City cinema in Montreal. It was purchased by Gratien Gélinas for La Comédie-Canadienne in 1957 and renovated by André Blouin.

La Comédie-Canadienne was active from 1958-1969. The company produced Canadian and Québecois theatre, dance and music productions. The company closed down in 1973 and its theatre became the permanent home of the of Theatre du Noveau Monde (http://www.tnm.qc.ca).

Taillefer, Paul

Moulinette, Christ Church

Photograph of a nineteenth century clapboard church with bell tower which was removed from its location (pictured) due to the rising waters of the St. Lawrence seaway. (Information from typewritten caption pasted on verso.) The area being submerged was one of the earliest settled in Upper Canada and a key battle site during the War of 1812. This church was preserved as part of Upper Canada Village (Morrisburg, Ontario), a restored historic village operated as a museum and recreation area.

Capital Press Service

Montreal, Le Château Champlain - Place du Canada

Photographs of the exterior of the building, as well as interiors of L'Escapade and Caf' Conc' (dining areas). The 38 floor hotel is known today as the Marriott Chateau Champlain Hotel.
The interior of the hotel was designed by David T Williams (New York) and Earle A Morrison (Vancouver).

Canada Pacific

Montreal, La Cour Notre Dame

Photographs of the exterior of the building showing the historic facade and renovated courtyard, as well as interior shots of typical rooms in the apartments. Part of a renovation project begun in 1985.

Studio K-3

Centre Eaton de Montréal

Photograph of an illustration of the building before completion. A piece of paper adhered to the back of the photograph reads "The $50-million Eaton Centre will feature 244 retail outlets, siz movie theatres and underground parking for 525 cars."

Montreal-Dorval International Airport

Photographs of the airport terminal and control tower, showing the runways, parking lots and a parked Trans-Canada Airlines plane. One interior view of the lounge/reading room.

Ed. Bermingham Inc., Commercial Photography

Montreal, BNP Paribas Tower

Photograph of a model design for the office tower. From a typewritten description taped to the verso of the photograph: Maquette of the new office complex which will be built by Louis Dreyfus Properties on McGill College Avenue. The first tower, to be located at the corner of Maisonneuve Boulevard and McGill College, will become the BNP tower.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Montreal, Place Bonaventure

Photographs of building under construction, different views of exterior, terrace, swimming pool. Photographs of architectural model, illustrations of the building. Eight photographs of Concordia Hall including under construction and development views. Aerial view.

Jowett, H.R.

Montreal, Place des Arts

Photographs of the interior and exterior of La Grande Salle (later renamed Salle-Wilifrid Pelletier), including a wall mural designed by Julien Hébert.

Panda Associates Photography

Montreal, Windsor station

Photographs from different years in the building's history, from the opening in the late 1880s to the renovations carried out in the 1970s. Most photographs were provided by Canadian Pacific Rail. One photograph features the sculpture of an winged angel carrying a soldier, which resides at the south end of the pedestrian concourse.

Canadian Pacific Railway Company

Montreal, Expo 67, Africa Place

Photographs of the exterior and construction of the pavilion. Text on the lower margin of one of the photographs reads "The roof system of Expo's African Place is a giant jigsaw puzzle of 999 fir plywood stressed skin panels. Toronto architect John Andrews designed the complex, which features a unique wind scoop ventilation system." A stamp on verso reads "Plywood Manufacturers of B.C. Photograph".

Plywood Manufacturers of B.C.

Montreal, Expo 67, Man Pavilions

Construction views and one view of a finished interior, showing the 1967 theme pavilions Man the Explorer and Man the Producer. The various other Man-themed pavilions (not represented in the collection) included: Man in the Community, Man the Provider, Man and his Health, and Man the Creator.

Plywood Manufacturers of B.C.

Montreal, Expo 67, Ontario Pavilion

The Ontario pavilion, located between the Canada and Quebec pavilions, features an opaque glass roof made up of several pyramids of different sizes. A group of large granite blocks, symbolizing the Canadian shield, forms an interesting rest area and provides a popular spot for young climbers. Young people are the focus of this pavilion, alongside exhibits about Ontario's past, present and future.

Bruce Etherington: Toronto-Dominion Bank

Photographs of architects participating in the planning proces for a new branch of the Toronto-Dominion Bank in Mississauga. Persons pictured are: A. Bruce Etherington, Harry Waring, Robert McCague (office manager and spec. writer), Valentin Petschar and Edmond Ruud (draftsmen), Mrs. Rosa Teshima (secretary).

Copy Negs from B.C. Langley Museum

This file contains a series of copy black and white acetate negatives of the interior and exterior of the Langley Museum in British Columbia. The article "Fort Langley, B.C.: Museum and Fort" written by J. Calder Peeps appeared in the 1958, November issue of The Canadian Architect.

J. Calder Peeps

Carling Building

File contains 27 black and white acetate negatives depicting exterior and interior views of the Carling Breweries building. A selection of these photographs were reproduced in the 1959 June issue of The Canadian Architect for an article titled, "Office Building, Toronto. The building was designed by the architects Weir, Cripps & Associates.

Copies Acland water

This file contains 19 copy black and white acetate negatives by James H. Acland. A selection of these images accompanied the article "The Architecture of Water" by Charles W. Moore and published in the 1959 November issue of The Canadian Architect.

J. Acland

Cover (Dec) Cut Up

The file contains three black and white acetate negatives produced in preparation of 1958 December issue of The Canadian Architect periodical.

Toronto Pearson International Airport, Old Terminal 1

Interior and exterior of the development of the Toronto International Airport, showing photographs of planes, baggage claim, parking garages. Design drawings were published in the May 1958 issue of Canadian Architect. The airport was originally known as the Malton Airport, opened in 1937, and was redeveloped as an International Airport in the 1960s, and renamed in 1984 for former Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson.

Jowett, H.R.

Toronto, Bank of Montreal, 30 Yonge Street

Built in 1885 for the Bank of Montreal, this branch bank was one of the few buildings in the are to survive Toronto's Great Fire of 1904. Designed by Darling and Curry, the architects who had recently completed the equally august Victoria Hospital for Sick Children on College Street, the Bank of Montreal's head office was the most striking of Toronto's nineteenth-century bank buildings. The building remained a branch until 1982. The Hockey Hall of Fame officially opened in this building, incorporated into the BCE Place development, in 1993. The new $35 million facility has almost 60,000 square feet of floor space. There is access from shopping mall concourse level at BCE Place. The Hockey Hall of Fame is a world-class sports and entertainment facility and is one of Toronto's prime tourist attractions drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. "Hockey Hall of Fame - About Us," Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum, 2010. Accessed on October 21, 2010. http://www.hhof.com/html/gi20300.shtml

Meteorological Headquarters building

The headquarters building is four storeys high, aproximetely 430 ft. long by 210 ft. wide and has a gross floor area of 340.000 sq.ft. Two courtyards occupying the center bays of the building provide natural light to interior offices and laboratories. The building programme included offices, warehousing facilities, classrooms, lecture theatre, research library and archives, cafeteria and specialized scientific facilities such as observetion domes, radar equipment and wind tunnels. Views of the courts, lobby, typical service core. Interior and exterior views.

North York City Hall

Interior view of office space on main level. The building ceased to function as a municipal city hall after North York was amalgamated into the Toronto Metropolitan Area in the late 1990s. It now serves as the North York Civic Centre, located on Yonge Street north of Sheppard Avenue.

Applied Photography Ltd.

North York, Joseph Shepard Federal office building

The Joseph Shepard Building is located in the urban core of the North York region of Toronto. The fourteen-storey, modern office complex is pyramidal in form with stepped massing and an asymmetrical plan. The building's walls are clad in rust-red and brown clay brick and have continuous bands of windows and brick spandrels that create a strong horizontal emphasis. Prominent features of its design are its five-storey atrium, many open-air terraces, public courtyard and accessible mall. A strong architectural vocabulary unifies the interior and exterior. The designation is confined to the footprint of the building.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Etobicoke, One west Mall

Folder contains 2 b&w photographs of the 1962 Canadian Housing Design Council National Award - Multiples. Exterior views of One West Mall in Etobicoke, Ontario.

Canadian Architect

North York, Burns Hall, Canadian Forces College

Interior and exterior views , including aerial views of the historic brick and ivy building with the concrete and brick additions and parking lot. Interior views include stairwells, library space, and hallways. One copy of an axonometric drawing of the newer addition to the building.

Evans, Steven

Burndy Canada Ltd. office & plant : Scarborough

The industrial building and offices has a steel frame, bolted in the factory area, and bolted and welded in the office area. The curtain wall of windows in the office area is accented by exposed exterior columns. This architectural detail (the columns) was originally developed by the architects for a school building, to aid in the addition of a second storey. The building has concrete floors throughout and a steel roof deck.

Canadian Architect

Résultats 301 à 400 sur 434