Affichage de 434 résultats

Description archivistique
Canada Avec objets numériques
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

CN Tower

  • 2009.002.031
  • Dossier
  • [May] 1971; [January] 1975; [November] 1983; [November] 1984; [February] 1986; [September] 1986
  • Fait partie de Canadian Architect magazine fonds

Photographs of the CN Tower before, during and after construction. Mainly aerial views of exterior.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

Maple Leaf Gardens

Aerial view of the yellow brick arena with large dome, built in 1931, located at 438 Church Street in Toronto. It was home ice for the Toronto Maple Leafs (Hockey team) until 1999. It was purchased by Loblaw Companies in 2004 and in 2009 it was announced that a portion of the arena would be used for Ryerson University althletics, thanks in part to federal government contribution.

Harbour Terrace, Queen's Quay

Photographs of the architect's models. This building was given an Award of Merit by the Governor General's Awards for Architecture in 1990, and an Award of Excellence by the Ontario Association of Architects Awards in 1988.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Brownie Target SIX-20

For 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 in. exposure on 620 film Acromatic lens, 2 aperture settings, rotary shutter. Metal and leatherette case. Case will not separate to open camera.

Portrait of ladies in hats

Item is a portrait of two women wearing hats and coats, mounted on a green, textured card with white border, inset and emboxxed name at left, "Morton/ LINDSAY, ONT." Image has been stuck onto card where a probable previous image was removed.

M.M. Morton

Portrait of a man in fur coat

Item is a cream cabinet card with gold letterpress at bottom centre, "H.C. TAIT./ PHOTOGRAPHS, FANCY GOODS." Photograph shows an old man with long beard in fur coat, seated in an interior, slightly blurred setting. He holds a paper that reads, upside-down, "THE/ -OGRAPH/-/[illegible]".

H.C. Tait Photographs

Kodak Canada Corporate Archives and Heritage Collection

  • SC 2005.001
  • collection
  • 1895-2006

The Kodak Canada collection contains records and artifacts from the Kodak Heights manufacturing facility in Toronto, as well as the historical collection belonging to the Kodak Heritage Collection Museum. The collection consists of photographs, negatives, advertising records, magazines, pamphlets, daily record books, recipe books, cameras and other photographic equipment produced by Kodak Canada Inc., or other Kodak plants around the world. The collection includes a small selection of financial records, blueprints for Kodak facilities in Canada, and other corporate ephemera, as well as photographs of events, buildings and individual employees that illustrate the social life of the company.

Kodak Canada Inc.

Portrait of boy and girl in outdoor scene

Item is a cream cabinet card with gold letterpress at bottom, "Thom Winnipeg." Photograph shows two children in front of a painted backdrop, depicting a lake and trees. The boy holds a straw hat and the girl is seated on a wooden chair made of twigs. Another straw hat leans against the chair.

Thom

Potrait of two men with cabinet card

Item is a brown cabinet card with gold edging and black letterpress at bottom, "Pittaway & Jarvis./ 117 Sparks Street,/ Ottawa, Ont." Photograph is printed with a rounded frame, showing two men seated on a lawn, each holding umbrellas, in front of a studio backdrop. They pass a cabinet card between them. On verso, in black letterpress, "First Prize, Silver Medal,/ Provincial Exhibition, 1884-1887./ From/ Pittaway & Jarvis/ Photographic ARTISTS/ 117 Sparks Street/ OTTAWA/ All Negatives Kept./ Copies or Englargements can be had/ at any time." In pencil, at aupper right, "4.50".

Pittaway & Jarvis

No. 2 Cartridge Hawkeye Model C

Item is a leatherette covered box camera for exposures on 120 film. Originally designed and produced by the Boston Camera Company, Hawk-Eye camera production changed hands twice, once in 1890 when sold to the Blair Camera Company, then again in 1907, when Eastman Kodak purchased the company. Simple lens and rotary shutter.

No. 2 Folding Autographic Brownie

Item is a self-erecting folding camera for 5.7 x 8.25 cm (2 1/2" x 3 1/4") exposures with 120 autographic roll film. The Autogrpahic feature allowed notes to be made on the film by scratching them into the film paper with a special stylus. A window opened in the back of the camera to expose the backing paper. Lens is a Bausch and Lomb with Kodak ball bearing shutter.

Kodak Brownie Reflex, Synchro Model

Item consists of a Brownie Reflex Synchro Model, made in Canada by the Canadian Kodak Co. Limited. It has a twin-lens reflex pattern and a large finder with a folding hood. It uses 127 film, a rotary shutter, and has a meniscus lens. It is in the original box with two manual booklets and has a fabric braid strap.

Brownie Target Six-20

Item is a small box camera with leatherette casing and metal faceplate. Camera is loaded with Kodak Verichrome 620 film.

Westmount Square

Exterior view of office buildings within Westmount Square, Montréal. The four buildings, two of which are residential, were designed by architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. The complex opened on December 13, 1967. (www.wikipedia)

Jowett, H.R.

Jonquière, Alcan Industrial Complex

From Canadian Architect magazine, July 1985: [the building] features a curved profile at the top in aluminum cladding. Light enters large windows at the building's ends and middle and through translucent panels on the south wall and stairwells. Openings below the floor allow for ventilation and are coupled with a plenum in a heat distribution system.

Granby, Ave Maria School

Photographs of the exterior of the single storey elementary school building. 16 classrooms and offices are grouped around a central auditorium. View of entrance mural above main entrance painted by Adrian Vilandré. The building has a light steel structural frame with brick veneer and tongue-and-groove boards for exterior finishing. All windows are double-glazed, ceilings are perforated fibreboard, flooring is vinyl asbestos tile.

Studio Alain Enrg.

Montreal, Cormier House

The house Cormier built for himself (1930-31) in the Golden Square Mile, an elegant Montréal neighbourhood. Cormier experimented with a variety of styles in the house: Art deco on the facade, monumental on one side and more modernist in the back. Cormier created most of the furniture, with remaining pieces acquired at the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes in Paris

Merrett, Brian

Colisée du Québec, Québec

Photograph of the coliseum after renovations in 1982. A sticker on the back of the photograph reads: "Distinction en architecture 1982/ L'agrandissement du Colisée du Québec/ Bégin et Rodrigue/ Photo: Jocelyn Huard"

Huard, Jocelyn

Montreal, Le Drug

Photographs of the interior of the shop and entranceway. Le Drug was a multipurpose building that also functioned as a popular theatre, dance hall, art museum and caffe in Montreal's art scene.

Mont-Joli, Maurice Lamontagne Institute

Image of a model for the building.
Located near Mont Joli, Quebec, MLI has been the world's leading francophone marine sciences centre since it was established in 1987 by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO). It is primarily involved in providing the federal government with methods of conserving marine resources, protecting the marine environment, safe marine navigation, as well as research, monitoring and assessment of fisheries, marine mammals, oceanography, and habitats of the Estuary and Gulf of St. Lawrence and Northern Quebec. The Canadian Hydrographic Service at the MLI is responsible for the nautical charts for the region. Also contained within the MLI are the Laurentian Regional Science Branch and the Regional Oceans Branch of the DFO. The MLI takes part in joint projects with the Groupe interuniversitaire de recherches en océanographie du Québec (GIROQ), the Université du Québec à Rimouski, and the Institut maritime du Québec.

Martinez house, Saint-Bruno

Photograph of the exterior, side-view, in winter. A sticker adhered to the back of the photograph reads: "Distinction en architecture 1982/ La résidence Martinez-Camps/ Jorge Martinez-Camps"

Montreal, Monastère du Bon-Pasteur

Aerial view of the buildings. A sticker adhered to verso reads "The Monastère du Bon-Pasteur/ Montreal, QC/ Grand Prize/ The Montreal Trust - Credit Foncier Award". The monastery, the main building on the site, was built to house the Sisters of the Cornmunauté de Notre-Dame du Bon-Pasteur d'Angers, who came from France in 1844 at the behest of Mgr Bourget. Today the Bon Pasteur siteis a multipurpose complex, combining housing, cultural amenities and services, etc.

Laval, Papineau house

Photograph of the interior of the house. Owned by Andre Benjamin Papineau. Federal heritage building; art gallery. House was build for Montreal architect Andre Benjamin Papineau is located on a river edge. Materials of the house; fieldstone, red cider. Furniture designed be Papineau, except chairs.

Samulewitz, Hans

Montreal, Expo 67, Austria Pavilion

Photographs of the construction of the pavilion which has a geometrical motif, designed to suggest mountains, precious stones, a romantic countryside, scientific precision and achievement in the arts.

Montreal, Expo 67, Scandinavian Pavilion

Photograph of the mechanized ramps designed to move people within the pavilion. Canadian Architect Magazine published this image in the May 1967 issue. The building was designed by architects representing Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.

Tam 'O' Shanter

This file contains a series of black and white acetate negatives of interior views of the bar of the Tam 'O' Shanter club.

Art Gallery of Ontario

View of the entrance of the building including details of extarior and interior, main lobby, staircase and Henry Moor Gallery. Contains images of models for the façade [196-?]. Images from two exhibitions can be found in the collection: "Contemporary Furnishings" from 1958, showing Walker Court with chairs and items from local stores, and "The Bauhaus: 50 Years" from 1970. With 45,000 square metres (480,000 sq ft) of physical space, the AGO is one of the largest art museums in North America.

Applied Photography Ltd.

Canada Trust building

Height approx. 263.0m, completed 1968. Building is located at 110 Yonge Street in Toronto. View of the main entrance. This building was designated a heritage property in 1990.

Panda Associates Photography and Art Services

Confederation life building

View of the exterior of the building, terra-cotta detail above the window and aerial level of the building. The building was constructed ca. 1890. Several interior views of hallways, windows and stairs.

Lothian Mews

Views of the shopping arcade and central courtyard, decorated with café tables and umbrellas.

Jowett, Henry Roger

Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) - subway stations and streetcars

Reprints of historical photographs of streetcars, including the Bay Streetcar (May 1, 1937) and streetcar track construction at Bay and Wellington streets (May 8, 1925). A streetcar enters the St. Clair West subway station (date unknown). View of Rosedale Valley subway bridge by John B. Parkin & Associates. Interiors of Dupont subway station (January 26, 1978), Saint Clair West station (date unknown), and Yorkdale subway station (date unknown). View of Yorkdale subway station (date unknown).

St. Lawrence Market

Exterior photographs of the South Hall market, constructed in 1844 by William Thomas, J. Winston Siddall and H.B. Lane. This barn shaped brick building is located at 51 Front Street East in Toronto. The nearby classical revival hall, located at 151 King Street East, was originally built in 1851 and restored in 1967. Photographs include exterior views of renovation, and interior views of the hall ballroom.

North York, Victoria Park Place

Architect's model for a commercial retail and office building. Three concrete and glass towers are linked by two glass atria rising from ground level to the third floor.

Panda Associates Photography

Résultats 101 à 200 sur 434