Print preview Close

Showing 1539 results

Archival description
Canadian Architect magazine fonds With digital objects
Print preview View:

Montreal, Cormier House

The house Cormier built for himself (1930-31) in the Golden Square Mile, an elegant Montréal neighbourhood. Cormier experimented with a variety of styles in the house: Art deco on the facade, monumental on one side and more modernist in the back. Cormier created most of the furniture, with remaining pieces acquired at the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes in Paris

Merrett, Brian

Colisée du Québec, Québec

Photograph of the coliseum after renovations in 1982. A sticker on the back of the photograph reads: "Distinction en architecture 1982/ L'agrandissement du Colisée du Québec/ Bégin et Rodrigue/ Photo: Jocelyn Huard"

Huard, Jocelyn

Montreal, Le Drug

Photographs of the interior of the shop and entranceway. Le Drug was a multipurpose building that also functioned as a popular theatre, dance hall, art museum and caffe in Montreal's art scene.

Mont-Joli, Maurice Lamontagne Institute

Image of a model for the building.
Located near Mont Joli, Quebec, MLI has been the world's leading francophone marine sciences centre since it was established in 1987 by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO). It is primarily involved in providing the federal government with methods of conserving marine resources, protecting the marine environment, safe marine navigation, as well as research, monitoring and assessment of fisheries, marine mammals, oceanography, and habitats of the Estuary and Gulf of St. Lawrence and Northern Quebec. The Canadian Hydrographic Service at the MLI is responsible for the nautical charts for the region. Also contained within the MLI are the Laurentian Regional Science Branch and the Regional Oceans Branch of the DFO. The MLI takes part in joint projects with the Groupe interuniversitaire de recherches en océanographie du Québec (GIROQ), the Université du Québec à Rimouski, and the Institut maritime du Québec.

Martinez house, Saint-Bruno

Photograph of the exterior, side-view, in winter. A sticker adhered to the back of the photograph reads: "Distinction en architecture 1982/ La résidence Martinez-Camps/ Jorge Martinez-Camps"

Montreal, Monastère du Bon-Pasteur

Aerial view of the buildings. A sticker adhered to verso reads "The Monastère du Bon-Pasteur/ Montreal, QC/ Grand Prize/ The Montreal Trust - Credit Foncier Award". The monastery, the main building on the site, was built to house the Sisters of the Cornmunauté de Notre-Dame du Bon-Pasteur d'Angers, who came from France in 1844 at the behest of Mgr Bourget. Today the Bon Pasteur siteis a multipurpose complex, combining housing, cultural amenities and services, etc.

Laval, Papineau house

Photograph of the interior of the house. Owned by Andre Benjamin Papineau. Federal heritage building; art gallery. House was build for Montreal architect Andre Benjamin Papineau is located on a river edge. Materials of the house; fieldstone, red cider. Furniture designed be Papineau, except chairs.

Samulewitz, Hans

Montreal, Expo 67, Scandinavian Pavilion

Photograph of the mechanized ramps designed to move people within the pavilion. Canadian Architect Magazine published this image in the May 1967 issue. The building was designed by architects representing Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.

Results 101 to 200 of 1539