Exterior views of the office building, showing the glass and porcelain curtain wall of the front entrance and the glass sign next to the entrance. The wall has a double skin: the windows are double-plate sealed units with metal-faced panels providing air space.
Folder contains photographs of several buildings at the University of Waterloo campus, including exterior and interior views of lecture buildings, student residences and the Arts III Humanities Building Theatre. Folder also includes several magazine pages profiling the building of Federation Hall and architecture firm Dunlop, Farrow, Aitken & Cansfield.
View of the entrance of the building including details of extarior and interior, main lobby, staircase and Henry Moor Gallery. Contains images of models for the façade [196-?]. Images from two exhibitions can be found in the collection: "Contemporary Furnishings" from 1958, showing Walker Court with chairs and items from local stores, and "The Bauhaus: 50 Years" from 1970. With 45,000 square metres (480,000 sq ft) of physical space, the AGO is one of the largest art museums in North America.
Architect's model of a hotel complex, and illustration showing hotel in streetscape at 123 Queen Street West. The finished building was featured in an article in Canadian Architect magazine in May 1973. One photograph of the building, taken from the east along Queen Street.
View of a patio on the second storey of an outdoor shopping centre. A small sign in the window indicates that this space was leased by the Toronto Dominion Bank, probably as part of a branch office. The image is printed in Canadian Architect magazine's October 1958 issue [p.57], which profiled 7 shopping malls. This centre was constructed with a steel frame and flexcore slab floors, and a concrete foundation.
Interior and exterior of the development of the Toronto International Airport, showing photographs of planes, baggage claim, parking garages. Design drawings were published in the May 1958 issue of Canadian Architect. The airport was originally known as the Malton Airport, opened in 1937, and was redeveloped as an International Airport in the 1960s, and renamed in 1984 for former Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson.
Photographs from different stages of development of the Don Mills Centre. The strip plaza was opened in 1955 with a small number of shops, and it expanded in the 1960s to serve the growing community. A project was undertaken in 1978 to enclose the mall. One photograph shows the original outdoor walkways, and the second photograph is an aerial view showing the parking lot and the central Eaton's store.