The file is comprised of 42 black and white acetate negatives. A selection accompanied "Banff 1958," a transcription of three addresses by Paul Rudolph at the annual Session at Banff and published in The Canadian Architect in March of 1959.
This file contains a series of black and white acetate negatives depicting a steel fountain by Gordon Raynor, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Meltzer of Toronto and published in the August 1958 issue of The Canadian Architect.
The file contains 3 black and white acetate copy negatives of paintings by Lewis Crutcher. Images of the paintings accompanied the article "Banff 1958 Cityscape" by Lewis Crutcher and were published in the March 1959 issue of The Canadian Architect.
This file contains a series of black and white acetate copy negatives produced by James H. Acland. A selection of these images appeared in the article titled Shopping Centres, a special issue, October 1958.
Home of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir. Starting date of the construction is 1978, opened in 1982. photographs of the model,different construction stages, completed building, interior and prespective view of Roy Thompson hall.
3 exterior views of whole office building, including details of exterior facade. 4 interior views of a work area, including Women's Lounge and Board Room, of Aluminum Co. of Canada Ltd., office reception, and a private office at Massey-Ferguson Ltd.
Aerial view of the yellow brick arena with large dome, built in 1931, located at 438 Church Street in Toronto. It was home ice for the Toronto Maple Leafs (Hockey team) until 1999. It was purchased by Loblaw Companies in 2004 and in 2009 it was announced that a portion of the arena would be used for Ryerson University althletics, thanks in part to federal government contribution.
Interior and exterior views during construction and after completion. Construction view printed in Nov 1983 issue of Canadian Architect magazine, while full article was published in Nov 1984. An interior view of mezzanine was used as the cover image for that 1984 issue as well.
Photographs of the architect's models. This building was given an Award of Merit by the Governor General's Awards for Architecture in 1990, and an Award of Excellence by the Ontario Association of Architects Awards in 1988.
Photographs of the exterior of a building under construction, and two interior views looking out through the steel support beams, designed with 3 cubes balanced on their points on a rectangular concrete base. The idea was licensed from Dutch architect Piet Blom by Toronto entrepreneur Ben Kutner. Designed from prefabricated steel and glass, the houses were supposed to take advantage of otherwise unusable property space in Toronto like laneways and rooftops. The house has since been abandoned and the cubes are used for commercial signage.
Exterior views of Victorian row houses originally built in the 1880s, altered in 1981. The house was first owned by Alfred Hoskin, a barrister, and is referred to in the Canadian Architect magazine issue for October 1985 as "Hoskin House".
Interior and exterior views of the City TV building at the corner of Queen and John streets in Toronto, with interior views of the main floor and production areas. One illustration of the building dated November 1986. Details of the stonework on the original Gothic Revival office building are visible.
Exterior view of the college which houses the Training and Education unit of the Toronto Police Service. The building houses classrooms, labs, a range, pool and gymnasium. A piece of paper taped to the back of the image gives the architects as: Wilson, Newton, Roberts, Duncan.
Photograph of a scale model of the 80 acre CityPlace development inserted into an aerial photo of Toronto's skyline. Developed by CN Real Estate, CityPlace is bounded by Front Street, Lakeshore Blvd., Bathurst Street and CN Tower Lands and includes Toronto's new Domed Stadium (Rogers Centre/ SkyDome). (Text taken from sticker on verso of photograph.)
Photographs of an A-frame precase concrete cooling tower. Submitted for an award from the Prestressed Concrete Institute. The first photograph has a caption adhered to the back with information about the award of excellence from the Prestressed Concrete Institute.
The Éperon building was constructed to complement the existing historic architecture of the area, and was built to match the proportions of the Royal Insurance Company building that was previously on the site. The building matches the roof lines of the other structures on the Rue de la Commune, and the tower building (pictured) is an easily identifiable element in the museum complex.