Print preview Close

Showing 2366 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Afbeelding
Print preview View:

2366 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Improved Phantasmagoria Lantern

A black tin Improved Phantasmagoria Lantern with handle and crooked chimney.

Carpenter marketed his Improved Phantasmagoria Lantern as a consumer version of the famous Phantasmagoria lantern shows that simulated ghost and spirit projections during the late 1700 and early 1800s. The name is a misnomer since Phantasmagoria refers to a type of projection rather than a type of lantern. The handle on the lantern was meant to accompany a larger professional magic lantern show with a small, mobile projector, or for small scale uses.

Carpenter & Westley

Lampascope Boule

The Lampascope Boule is a circular magic lantern projector with a hole at the base. This consumer lantern was meant to be placed on top of an oil lamp for home use. Lampascope projectors were elaborately painted with bright colours. This lantern is very faded but has remnant of red on the lens, and blue on the chimney.

Auguste Lapierre

Ansco Vest Pocket No.0

Item is a small, folding strut camera for making 4 x 6.5cm exposures on 127 film. Unlike folding bed cameras, the lens remains exposed (on the outside of the camera) when the camera is collapsed. Lens is an Ansco Anastigmat f6.3.

Jack Layton fonds

  • F 404
  • Archief
  • 1906-2011

Jack Layton was a Canadian academic, activist, environmental consultant, author, politician, and athlete, as well as a devoted husband, father, and grandfather.
This fonds contains a collection of published materials, audio visual items, textual records, photographs, electronic resources, and artifacts.

Layton, Jack

Portrait of a medical faculty member, University of Michigan

Item is a cream carte de visite with gold border and photograph of a man with a thick beard. On verso, in black letterpress, "R.D. PALMER,/ PHOTOGRAPHER,/ AND PORTRAIT PAINTER,/ Huron Street, East of Cook's Hotel,/ Ann Arbor, Mich./ Call and see Porcelain Pictures./ Negatives preserved. Copies enlarged/ in India Ink or Oil."

R.D. Palmer

Portrait of three children with toys

Item is a pink cabinet card with red backing. In gold letterpress at bottom, "Peppiatt FERGUS." Image is of three children with toys. The youngest is seated in the centre holding a doll in her lap. On the left, a child in striped dress sits on a rocking horse, and to the right, a boy stands holding the reins to a wooden horse head lying on the floor. On verso, in pencil, "1.00".

Peppiatt

Expo Watch Camera

Item is a small novelty film camera that is disguised as a railroad pocket watch, first produced into early 1900's and sold until 1939. The exposure is made through the winding stem and the winding knob serves as a lens cap, and required special film cartridges. The camera is relatively common, as it was marketed for so long and several variations exist in the "Expo" trademark style, the winding knob, and the viewfinder shape. Black, red, blue enameled versions produced about 1935 are rarer. Item has its original box and triangular viewfinder, but the lens cap is missing.

Library Building

Colour image of the exterior of the Library building. Photo taken looking north west from Gould Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Soccer game

Soccer players on the field. In the foreground is a man in a striped jersey. The men's soccer team was called the Zebras because of the gold and navy blue striping of their jerseys.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

South campus buildings

Two south buildings as connected to Ryerson Hall structure. On right side of photo is the end of Unit II construction of what would be named Howard Kerr Hall.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Building skeleton after demolition

Metal skeleton of a building during the demolition process. Piles of debris, including stacks of old doors and windows, can be seen throughout the site.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Building skeleton after demolition

Metal skeleton of building being torn down on the north west corner of the lot. Gorrie's Chevrolet signs can be seen on the far right side of the photo. Gorries Chevrolet was located on Gerrard Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Gould St. buildings

Exterior view of a 2-story clapboard building. Building is fronted by an expanse of lawn and a low boxwood hedge. This building used to sit in front of the old Normal School building along Gould Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

North-East building

Exterior view of buildings on North East side of the old Normal School and R.C.A.F. training school property. Building was torn down to make way for Howard Kerr Hall.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Instrument lab equipment

Floor standing instrument with large round dial and light bulb over top on left side of photograph. Five gauges mounted on a wall on the left.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition at North end of property

Empty lot with building remnants scattered across it. Glass window and person on the right side of the photograph. Photograph taken looking towards Gerrard St. Maple Leaf Gardens is visible in the upper right corner.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Partially finished foundation

View of corner of Unit II of Howard Kerr Hall under construction. Looking towards Gerrard Street - Gorrie's Motors building visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

South end of campus

South end of campus. Photograph taken from in front of Ryerson Hall (Normal School Building) looking towards the corner of Victoria and Gould Sts. The O'Keefe building at the south east corner of Victoria and Gould, and the Empress Hotel at the corner of Yonge and Gould are visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Excavation for Howard Kerr Hall construction

Excavation along West border of property for Howard Kerr Hall construction. East Kerr Hall visible in the background with radio antenna on its' roof. South Normal School buildings visible on the right side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Excavation of South end of property

Excavation in front of Ryerson Hall (Normal School). View looking east towards Church St. Already constructed section of Howard Kerr Hall is visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building

Middle building with construction materials lying against its walls. Metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall along Victoria Street visible on the right side of the photo.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Metal framework and construction crane

West end of Ryerson Hall building. Photograph taken from Bond Street looking towards the structure. Metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall visible on the left side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Corner of Victoria and Gould Sts.

Looking towards Victoria Street. Underwood building sits on the corner. Photo shows construction cranes and metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall. Ryerson Hall visible on the right side.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall West

Looking north along Victoria Street at the framework of Howard Kerr Hall. Framework obscured by trees.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall West

Looking at metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall Unit III along Gould Street. Stone gates for property still in place.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Residence building

Residence building. Skeletal roof of middle building can be seen on the right side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of Middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of the west end of the building. Exterior second story back wall still intact. Heating stack and boiler room building in foreground.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of east end of the structure. Second story destruction complete with exception of back wall, and some of first story is gone as well. Howard Kerr Hall is visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. Second story destroyed with exception of back wall and some interior wall fragments. Howard Kerr Hall East visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of looking west. Second story destroyed with exception of back wall and some interior wall fragments. Parts of first story on east end are demolished. Howard Kerr Hall West visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building demolition

Demolition of middle building. View of east end. Second story almost completely gone except for back wall. Wood fence separating demolition site from quad is in foreground of photo.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building demolition

Demolition of middle building. View looking south east. Second story demolished with exception of back wall. Ryerson Hall visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Ryerson Hall demolition

View looking south of Ryerson Hall demolition. East and west wings only have partial second and first storey's left. Centre section is still standing, minus the roof and back auditorium.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Ryerson Hall demolition

View looking south west of Ryerson Hall demolition. East and west wings only have partial second and first storey's left. Centre section is still standing, minus the roof and back auditorium.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Ryerson Hall west wing demolition

View looking east of Ryerson Hall's west wing being demolished. Third storey and partial second storey are gone. Construction workers along back edge of second storey working.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Albert W. Smith Chemical Building

Built in 1938-39, an addition was added in 1956 - which is the section you can see in the photograph. It is presently called the Albert W. Smith Building. Now part of the Case Western Reserve University.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Pardee Hall

Built in 1957, Pardee Hall was a 300 person dormitory for the Case Institute. Is is presently called Yost Hall and is Case Western Reserve University's administration building.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Pardee Hall

Built in 1957, Pardee Hall was a 300 person dormitory for the Case Institute. Is is presently called Yost Hall and is Case Western Reserve University's administration building.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Albert W. Smith Chemical Building

Built in 1938-39, an addition was added in 1956 - which is the section you can see in the photograph. It is presently called the Albert W. Smith Building. Now part of the Case Western Reserve University.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Black material on the ground

Photograph of piece of material crumpled on the ground. Covered the face of the graduate sculpture (see F 536.20.01.19), which stands over one of the Gould Street entrances to the Quad.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Resultaten 1 tot 100 van 2366