Print preview Close

Showing 579 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.
Print preview View:

414 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Library Building

Colour image of the exterior of the Library building. Photo taken looking north west from Gould Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Domes in Kerr Hall quad

Colour image of a black and white, and a purple and red dome set up in the Quad. Crowd of people in and around the domes.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Soccer game

Soccer players on the field. In the foreground is a man in a striped jersey. The men's soccer team was called the Zebras because of the gold and navy blue striping of their jerseys.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 2

Seven photographs of the old Normal School building and demolition activities.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

South campus buildings

Two south buildings as connected to Ryerson Hall structure. On right side of photo is the end of Unit II construction of what would be named Howard Kerr Hall.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Northeast lot building debris

Field of cinderblock debris litters a vacant lot. Normal School building is visible in the corner left side of the photograph. A small girl in a dress stands on the sidewalk in front of the lot. Identified by photographer as having been the site of a cafe.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Building skeleton after demolition

Metal skeleton of a building during the demolition process. Piles of debris, including stacks of old doors and windows, can be seen throughout the site.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Building skeleton after demolition

Metal skeleton of building being torn down on the north west corner of the lot. Gorrie's Chevrolet signs can be seen on the far right side of the photo. Gorries Chevrolet was located on Gerrard Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 5

Six photographs of the old Normal School buildings.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Gould St. buildings

Exterior view of a 2-story clapboard building. Building is fronted by an expanse of lawn and a low boxwood hedge. This building used to sit in front of the old Normal School building along Gould Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

North-East building

Exterior view of buildings on North East side of the old Normal School and R.C.A.F. training school property. Building was torn down to make way for Howard Kerr Hall.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Instrument lab equipment

Floor standing instrument with large round dial and light bulb over top on left side of photograph. Five gauges mounted on a wall on the left.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 8

Six photographs of old campus building and demolition.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition at North end of property

Empty lot with building remnants scattered across it. Glass window and person on the right side of the photograph. Photograph taken looking towards Gerrard St. Maple Leaf Gardens is visible in the upper right corner.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 9

Six photographs of the old campus and building demolition.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Partially finished foundation

View of corner of Unit II of Howard Kerr Hall under construction. Looking towards Gerrard Street - Gorrie's Motors building visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

South end of campus

South end of campus. Photograph taken from in front of Ryerson Hall (Normal School Building) looking towards the corner of Victoria and Gould Sts. The O'Keefe building at the south east corner of Victoria and Gould, and the Empress Hotel at the corner of Yonge and Gould are visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Excavation for Howard Kerr Hall construction

Excavation along West border of property for Howard Kerr Hall construction. East Kerr Hall visible in the background with radio antenna on its' roof. South Normal School buildings visible on the right side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Excavation of South end of property

Excavation in front of Ryerson Hall (Normal School). View looking east towards Church St. Already constructed section of Howard Kerr Hall is visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 17

Six photographs of the construction of Unit II of Howard Kerr Hall.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 18

Six photographs showing various stages of construction for Howard Kerr Hall unit II.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 19

Six photographs showing old campus buildings and construction on the site.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building

Middle building with construction materials lying against its walls. Metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall along Victoria Street visible on the right side of the photo.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 20

Six photographs showing construction of Howard Kerr Hall and the Ryerson Hall Building.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Metal framework and construction crane

West end of Ryerson Hall building. Photograph taken from Bond Street looking towards the structure. Metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall visible on the left side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Corner of Victoria and Gould Sts.

Looking towards Victoria Street. Underwood building sits on the corner. Photo shows construction cranes and metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall. Ryerson Hall visible on the right side.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall West

Looking north along Victoria Street at the framework of Howard Kerr Hall. Framework obscured by trees.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall West

Looking at metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall Unit III along Gould Street. Stone gates for property still in place.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 22

Six photographs of the construction of South Howard Kerr Hall along Gould Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 25

Six photographs of the Middle building on the old Ryerson Campus.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 28

Seven photographs showing the demolition of the middle building.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Residence building

Residence building. Skeletal roof of middle building can be seen on the right side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of Middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of the west end of the building. Exterior second story back wall still intact. Heating stack and boiler room building in foreground.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 31

Six photographs of the demolition of the middle building of Ryerson's old campus.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of east end of the structure. Second story destruction complete with exception of back wall, and some of first story is gone as well. Howard Kerr Hall is visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. Second story destroyed with exception of back wall and some interior wall fragments. Howard Kerr Hall East visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of looking west. Second story destroyed with exception of back wall and some interior wall fragments. Parts of first story on east end are demolished. Howard Kerr Hall West visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 32

Six photographs for the Ryerson Hall cupola, and building.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Page 34

Eleven photographs of the demolition of the middle building.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building demolition

Demolition of middle building. View of east end. Second story almost completely gone except for back wall. Wood fence separating demolition site from quad is in foreground of photo.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building demolition

Demolition of middle building. View looking south east. Second story demolished with exception of back wall. Ryerson Hall visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Ryerson Hall demolition

View looking south of Ryerson Hall demolition. East and west wings only have partial second and first storey's left. Centre section is still standing, minus the roof and back auditorium.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Ryerson Hall demolition

View looking south west of Ryerson Hall demolition. East and west wings only have partial second and first storey's left. Centre section is still standing, minus the roof and back auditorium.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Ryerson Hall west wing demolition

View looking east of Ryerson Hall's west wing being demolished. Third storey and partial second storey are gone. Construction workers along back edge of second storey working.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Envelope 10

Envelope contains 9 photographs of buildings at Case Western Reserve University. At the time the photographs were taken it was Case Institute of Technology.

The Case Institute was located in Cleveland Ohio. It was founded in 1877 by Leonard Case Jr., a philanthropic citizen of Cleveland and early benefactor of the engineering school. He initiated a secret trust to endow a polytechnic school in Cleveland. This school would train men in engineering and applied science, enabling them to build on a young, growing nation's vast resources. Within four months of his death in 1880, the trust was administered and the Case School of Applied Science was born.

Classes initially were held in the Case family's downtown Cleveland home until a provision to Stone's gift that Western Reserve University and the Case School of Applied Science occupy adjoining campuses led to the school's relocation in 1885 to what is now known as University Circle on the city's east side. Funds for the land, however, had to be raised by the community.

A committee for the two institutions raised $119,400 from 56 donors by March 1881. A land purchase discount from Cordelia Ford and Liberty E. Holden, whose 43-acre property formed the early campus, netted $33,000. The Ford family's University Circle-area homesteads were the initial locations of the Women's College of Western Reserve University and the School of Law.

The joint land purchase was the first of many collaborations between Western Reserve University and the Case School of Applied Science. Over the years, the university developed strong liberal arts and professional programs, while the institute, which adopted the name Case Institute of Technology in, became a top school of science and engineering.

The two institutions agreed their 1967 federation would create a complete university worthy of national distinction. Case Western Reserve University immediately became a leading institution for academics and research, as well as one the nation's top-ranked universities.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Albert W. Smith Chemical Building

Built in 1938-39, an addition was added in 1956 - which is the section you can see in the photograph. It is presently called the Albert W. Smith Building. Now part of the Case Western Reserve University.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Pardee Hall

Built in 1957, Pardee Hall was a 300 person dormitory for the Case Institute. Is is presently called Yost Hall and is Case Western Reserve University's administration building.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Pardee Hall

Built in 1957, Pardee Hall was a 300 person dormitory for the Case Institute. Is is presently called Yost Hall and is Case Western Reserve University's administration building.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Albert W. Smith Chemical Building

Built in 1938-39, an addition was added in 1956 - which is the section you can see in the photograph. It is presently called the Albert W. Smith Building. Now part of the Case Western Reserve University.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Eggy in the Quad

Colour image of Eggy II standing in the Quad during convocation. His hooves and horns are painted gold and he is wearing a blue and gold blanket. An unidentified man is holding his harness.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

25 year club celebration

Colour image of group of people standing and listening to someone off camera. In the background are large mounted photographs of four of the inductees - Jim Peters, Chuck Worsley, Fred Travell, and Roy Horney. 1977 inductees were Jim Peters, Chuck Worsley, Fred Travell, Roy Horney, and Gladys Doyle.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Roy Horney accepting acknowledgement

Colour image of Roy Horney accepting acknowledgement from an unidentified man. They are shaking hands. Part of the 25 year club celebration.
1977 inductees were Jim Peters, Chuck Worsley, Fred Travell, Roy Horney, and Gladys Doyle.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

1977 25 year club celebration

Colour image taken at the 25 year club reception.
1977 inductees were Jim Peters, Chuck Worsley, Fred Travell, Roy Horney, and Gladys Doyle.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Photograph envelopes

File contains 142 photographs. Majority of them are of the demolition of the old campus buildings, but does include other campus building photographs, and photographs of faculty and staff.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Black material on the ground

Photograph of piece of material crumpled on the ground. Covered the face of the graduate sculpture (see F 536.20.01.19), which stands over one of the Gould Street entrances to the Quad.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall south (Unit III)

Constructions workers on scaffolding and in windows of Howard Kerr Hall south over the entry way into the Quad. "The Goalie" sculpture is obscured behind the scaffolding.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall bas-relief: mother and child

Bas-relief by Doris Pedery-Hunt featuring a seated woman holding a child. Featured on the south exterior Quad wall of Kerr Hall south. One of a series of 14 created to reflect the nature of Ryerson's programs at the time Howard Kerr Hall was constructed.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall bas-relief: stand mixer

Bas-relief by Doris Pedery-Hunt featuring a stand mixer. Featured on the south exterior Quad wall of Kerr Hall south. One of a series of 14 created to reflect the nature of Ryerson's programs at the time Howard Kerr Hall was constructed.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall bas-relief: iron

Bas-relief by Doris Pedery-Hunt featuring a clothes iron. Featured on the south exterior Quad wall of Kerr Hall south. One of a series of 14 created to reflect the nature of Ryerson's programs at the time Howard Kerr Hall was constructed.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall bas-relief: microphone

Bas-relief by Doris Pedery-Hunt featuring a microphone with "CJRT" over top of it. Featured on the south wall of Kerr Hall along Gould Street. One of a series of 14 created to reflect the nature of Ryerson's programs at the time Howard Kerr Hall was constructed.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall bas-relief: camera

Bas-relief by Doris Pedery-Hunt featuring a camera. Featured on the south wall of Kerr Hall along Gould Street. One of a series of 14 created to reflect the nature of Ryerson's programs at the time Howard Kerr Hall was constructed.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall bas-relief: surveying transit

Bas-relief by Doris Pedery-Hunt featuring a surveying transit. Featured on the south wall of Kerr Hall along Gould Street. One of a series of 14 created to reflect the nature of Ryerson's programs at the time Howard Kerr Hall was constructed.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Resultaten 1 tot 100 van 579