Showing 529 results

Archivistische beschrijving
Charles Roy Horney fonds Stuk
Print preview View:

Soccer game

Soccer players on the field. In the foreground is a man in a striped jersey. The men's soccer team was called the Zebras because of the gold and navy blue striping of their jerseys.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

South campus buildings

Two south buildings as connected to Ryerson Hall structure. On right side of photo is the end of Unit II construction of what would be named Howard Kerr Hall.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Northeast lot building debris

Field of cinderblock debris litters a vacant lot. Normal School building is visible in the corner left side of the photograph. A small girl in a dress stands on the sidewalk in front of the lot. Identified by photographer as having been the site of a cafe.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Building skeleton after demolition

Metal skeleton of a building during the demolition process. Piles of debris, including stacks of old doors and windows, can be seen throughout the site.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Building skeleton after demolition

Metal skeleton of building being torn down on the north west corner of the lot. Gorrie's Chevrolet signs can be seen on the far right side of the photo. Gorries Chevrolet was located on Gerrard Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Gould St. buildings

Exterior view of a 2-story clapboard building. Building is fronted by an expanse of lawn and a low boxwood hedge. This building used to sit in front of the old Normal School building along Gould Street.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

North-East building

Exterior view of buildings on North East side of the old Normal School and R.C.A.F. training school property. Building was torn down to make way for Howard Kerr Hall.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Instrument lab equipment

Floor standing instrument with large round dial and light bulb over top on left side of photograph. Five gauges mounted on a wall on the left.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition at North end of property

Empty lot with building remnants scattered across it. Glass window and person on the right side of the photograph. Photograph taken looking towards Gerrard St. Maple Leaf Gardens is visible in the upper right corner.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Partially finished foundation

View of corner of Unit II of Howard Kerr Hall under construction. Looking towards Gerrard Street - Gorrie's Motors building visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

South end of campus

South end of campus. Photograph taken from in front of Ryerson Hall (Normal School Building) looking towards the corner of Victoria and Gould Sts. The O'Keefe building at the south east corner of Victoria and Gould, and the Empress Hotel at the corner of Yonge and Gould are visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Excavation for Howard Kerr Hall construction

Excavation along West border of property for Howard Kerr Hall construction. East Kerr Hall visible in the background with radio antenna on its' roof. South Normal School buildings visible on the right side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Excavation of South end of property

Excavation in front of Ryerson Hall (Normal School). View looking east towards Church St. Already constructed section of Howard Kerr Hall is visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Building framework

Erection of steel beam framework for Howard Kerr Hall Unit II at North end of property.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Three original campus buildings

View of three original site buildings. Visible in the North East corner of Ryerson Hall (Normal School building) and the Principal's house.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building

Middle building with construction materials lying against its walls. Metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall along Victoria Street visible on the right side of the photo.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Metal framework and construction crane

West end of Ryerson Hall building. Photograph taken from Bond Street looking towards the structure. Metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall visible on the left side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Corner of Victoria and Gould Sts.

Looking towards Victoria Street. Underwood building sits on the corner. Photo shows construction cranes and metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall. Ryerson Hall visible on the right side.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall West

Looking north along Victoria Street at the framework of Howard Kerr Hall. Framework obscured by trees.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr Hall West

Looking at metal framework for Howard Kerr Hall Unit III along Gould Street. Stone gates for property still in place.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Residence building

Residence building. Skeletal roof of middle building can be seen on the right side of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of Middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of the west end of the building. Exterior second story back wall still intact. Heating stack and boiler room building in foreground.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of east end of the structure. Second story destruction complete with exception of back wall, and some of first story is gone as well. Howard Kerr Hall is visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. Second story destroyed with exception of back wall and some interior wall fragments. Howard Kerr Hall East visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of middle building

Demolition of middle building. View of looking west. Second story destroyed with exception of back wall and some interior wall fragments. Parts of first story on east end are demolished. Howard Kerr Hall West visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building demolition

Demolition of middle building. View of east end. Second story almost completely gone except for back wall. Wood fence separating demolition site from quad is in foreground of photo.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Middle building demolition

Demolition of middle building. View looking south east. Second story demolished with exception of back wall. Ryerson Hall visible in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Ryerson Hall (Toronto Normal School)

Front view of Ryerson Hall (formerly the Toronto Normal School). This photo was taken several months before the construction started on phase III of Howard Kerr Hall, which was built in front of Ryerson Hall. The Egerton Ryerson statue can be seen in front of the building as well.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Six graduates

Group of six male graduates pose together in front of Yorkminster Baptist Church.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Demolition of Ryerson Hall

Still intact front building of Ryerson Hall (old Normal School building) with partially demolished middle building visible at the side. Tall red brick heating stack is in the centre of the photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Staff lounge

Staff lounge with four staff members seated on a couch and chair along one wall and in front of a window.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Elizabeth Grant

Elizabeth Grant, professor in Chemical Technology. Photograph taken in a chemistry lab. See also F 536.14.45 for a similar photograph.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Hugo Harms

Colour image of Ryerson professor Hugo Harms in his lab coat seated at a table.

Hugo Harms started at Ryerson in 1955 in the Baking Adminstration department and transferred in the Chemistry Dept. shortly after that. Hugo worked at Ryerson until 1984/85.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Elizabeth Grant

Elizabeth Grant, professor in Chemical Technology. Photograph taken in a chemistry lab.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Board of meters

Colour image of a board with 4 meters mounted on a board. What appears to be a pressure gauge runs up the left side of the board.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Electrical board

Colour photograph of a large electrical board with many switches and ports for wires.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Ryerson Flag

Colour photograph the Ryerson Flag flying on a flag post in the quad of Howard Kerr Hall.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Lab room with equipment

Colour photograph of a lab room. Counters with sinks in the foreground. Panels filled with meters and gauges in the background.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Eggy II in the Quad

Colour image of Eggy II standing in the Quad during convocation. His hooves and horns are painted gold and he is wearing a blue and gold blanket. An unidentified man is holding his harness.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Eggy II in the Quad

Colour image of Eggy II standing in the Quad during convocation. His hooves and horns are painted gold and he is wearing a blue and gold blanket. He is surrounded on either side by 4 women and 1 man - who is holding his harness.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Dr. and Mrs. Wertyporoch

Colour image of Ryerson Chemical Technology professor E. F. Wertyporoch seated at a round dining table beside his wife. One other man and two women are also seated at the table. Event held at the Westbury Hotel in Toronto.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Man seated at table

Colour image of an unidentified older man wearing a blue suit and tie. He is seated at a table with a glass in front of him.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Eric Palin, Mrs. Kerr, Howard Kerr, and Jim Peters

Colour image Eric Palin, Mrs. Kerr, Howard Kerr and Jim Peters at a long dining table. Jim Peters is standing at a podium shaking hands with Howard Kerr. Mrs. Kerr is standing holding a wrapped package. Event held at the Westbury Hotel in Toronto.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Howard Kerr, Murray Paulin, and Eric Palin

Colour image of 3 men and woman seated at a table in front of a yellow wall at the Westbury Hotel. l-r: Howard Kerr, Eric Palin (at podium), Murray Paulin, unidentified. Event held at the Westbury Hotel in Toronto.

Howard Hillen Kerr was the Director of Technical Education for the Province of Ontario before establishing Ryerson University in 1948 - one of 4 provincial technical institutes run by the province. Kerr acted as Ryerson's first Principal - holding that job until 1966.
Eric Leese Palin joined the newly established Training and Re-establishment Institute opened by the RCAF. He joined the staff of Ryerson Polytechnical Institute upon its incorporation on September 16, 1948. Eric Palin was the Director of the Electrical & Electronic Technology program and the later Radio & Television Arts Program. In 1959 Eric Palin became the Executive Assistant to the Principal H. H. Kerr where he worked until 1961 when he transferred to the Ontario Department of Education. In 1963 he was appointed the Assistant Superintendent of Technology and Trades Training, and then in 1966 he became the Associate Director of Applied Arts and Technology. Eric Pallin retired in 1967 and was appointed the Executive Secretary to the Advisory Council for Sir Sanford Fleming College. He passed away in 1971.
G. Murray Paulin was hired into Ryerson's Social Science department in 1958. In 1975 he was Ryersonian of the Year and admitted to the 25 year club the same year he retired 1983. Murray passed away in 1986.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Doug Light, Fred Jorgenson, and Al Allman

Colour image of Doug Light, Fred Jorgenson, and Al Allman looking at a box containing a pen and pencil set.

Doug Light started at Ryerson in 1963 as part of the Metallurgical Technology department. He left in 1968 as was appointed the Vice President of Humber College until 1971. From 1971-1978 he was the President of Centennial College. And from 1978-1991 he served as President of George Brown College. Doug passed away in 1993.
Frederick C. Jorgenson was the Principal of Ryerson Polytechnical Institute from 1967-1969. He was Ryerson's first with the title of President.
Allan Allman was hired into the Industrial Chemistry department at Ryerson in 1950. He worked at Ryerson until 1983.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Alice Palin receiving a gift

Colour image of Alice Palin being presented with a gift by an unidentified woman. Eric Palin is on the right hand side of the image.

Alice Palin is the wife of Eric Palin.
Eric Leese Palin joined the newly established Training and Re-establishment Institute opened by the RCAF. He joined the staff of Ryerson Polytechnical Institute upon its incorporation on September 16, 1948. Eric Palin was the Director of the Electrical & Electronic Technology program and the later Radio & Television Arts Program. In 1959 Eric Palin became the Executive Assistant to the Principal H. H. Kerr where he worked until 1961 when he transferred to the Ontario Department of Education. In 1963 he was appointed the Assistant Superintendent of Technology and Trades Training, and then in 1966 he became the Associate Director of Applied Arts and Technology. Eric Pallin retired in 1967 and was appointed the Executive Secretary to the Advisory Council for Sir Sanford Fleming College. He passed away in 1971.

Horney, Charles Roy, Mr.

Resultaten 1 tot 100 van 529