Ornate silver plate teapot with wood [?] handle. Pot sits on 4 feet, and has a wide rounded body. Lid is attached by hinge and has pumpkin knob. Handle is dark brown wood [?] fit into silve sleeves attached to one side of teapot.
Series contains audio-visual materials created by the Wellesley Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae Assocation. It includes oral histories, and a narrated slide show of the hospital created by the Alumnae Association.
File contains 9 audiocassettes with interviews conducted by Wellesley Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae Association member Mary (Sandals) Caesar. She interviewed members of the much earlier graduating classes about their recollections of training and working as a nurse. Interviewees include Helen Carruthers; Gladys (Bateman) Steele; Florence (Stewart) Roberts; Isobel (McGillvary) Carlton; Jessie (Campbell) Smith; Florence (Smith) Watson; Grace (Mitchell) Berry; Grace (Bolton) Farthing.
File contains the script and slides for a Introduction to the hospital slide show created by the Wellesley Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae Association. Also included are extra slides not used in the slide show and a movie version of the slide show on VHS tape and on DVD.
Two separate containers (one plastic container labelled "Old slides from 1980s - Hospital tour" and the other a cardboard box "Update G. floor when Le...[?] completed") of slides. Some are duplicates of ones used in slide show - others were not used at all. RG 946.01.02.02.03.01 Nursing desk, 1981 RG 946.01.02.02.03.02 Nursing desk, 1981 RG 946.01.02.02.03.03 Wellesley Hospital new projects RG 946.01.02.02.03.04 1912-1965 Hospital history chart RG 946.01.02.02.03.05 1966-1982 Hospital history chart RG 946.01.02.02.03.06 Second floor plan RG 946.01.02.02.03.07 Main lecture hall RG 946.01.02.02.03.08 Administrative office entry RG 946.01.02.02.03.09 Patient breathing oxygen RG 946.01.02.02.03.10 Patient picking book from mobile cart with Hospital worker RG 946.01.02.02.03.11 Wilhelmsen House RG 946.01.02.02.03.12 Staff doing x-rays on patient RG 946.01.02.02.03.13 Wellesley Hospital organization chart RG 946.01.02.02.03.14 Main floor plan RG 946.01.02.02.03.15 Hospital executive and exterior show of hospital RG 946.01.02.02.03.16 Pharmacy and staff RG 946.01.02.02.03.17 Candy striper helping patient in traction RG 946.01.02.02.03.18 Hospital volunteers handing out items to a patient RG 946.01.02.02.03.19 Cover of Dr. Bruce's book "Varied Operations" RG 946.01.02.02.03.20 Lion crest and motto RG 946.01.02.02.03.21 Duke of Connaught and others at opening of new wing August 27, 1912 RG 946.01.02.02.03.22 Exterior of modern hospital building RG 946.01.02.02.03.23 Emergency and Admitting entrance exterior
Three ring bound scrapbook containing lists of packages sent overseas to Wellesley alumnae serving overseas, item lists for packages, correspondence from Nurses in Europe regarding the packages; and correspondence from the various charities that the Wellesley Alumnae were knitting for including the Navy Knitters. Numbering of items reflects their order within the original scrapbook.
Letter from Lieutenant Nursing Sister M. Montizambert No. 4 C. G. H. (Canadian General Hospital) C.A.O. (Canadian Army Overseas) to Grace Bolton. Letter is blue and folds up into its own envelope - an armed forces air letter. She wrote Miss Bolton to thank her and the alumnae for the package sent to her. The No. 4 hospital was located in Farnborough, England. Margaret (Peggy) Montizambert was a class of 1941 Wellesley graduate.
Letter mailed from Nursing Sister Becky (Rebecca) Hepburn (class of 1928) from the #5 Canadian General Hospital in Taplow, England. She thanks Grace and the Alumnae Association for her Christmas package. She is stationed at the same hospital as Rae Adams (class of 1930).
First two pages are a transcribed letter from Nursing Sister Daisy Lodge (class of 1919). In her letter, sent from #1 Canadian General Hospital in Horsham, England, she thanks Grace and the Alumnae for her Christmas package. Her letter gives an extensive description of how her hospital is set up. She also indicate she is with the Montreal unit - with the Toronto Unit have no vacancies and laments over the lack of trained male orderlies in the hospital. The airgraph version of the letter (3 pgs and the envelope) were stored behind the typewritten letter.
One blue card signed by the wool convenor for the British Mine Sweepers Auxiliary, Toronto branch. It acknowledges the Alumnae's contribution of 3 scarves, 3 ribbed helmets (balaclavas) and 4 pairs of socks.
Letter from Jean Wood, secretary-treasurer of the Toronto chapter of the British Mine Sweepers Auxiliary. She thanks the Wellesley Alumnae for their knitted contribution of 4 scarves, 3 pairs of mitts, 2 helmets (balaclavas), and 1 cap.
Letter from Jean Wood, secretary-treasurer of the Toronto chapter of the British Mine Sweepers Auxiliary - Overseas Parcels League. She thanks the Wellesley Alumnae for their knitted contribution of 20 turtle neck tuck-ins. She encourages the Alumnae to continue knitting.
Letter from Mrs. A. J. MacKenzie, wool convenor, of the Toronto Chapter of the British Mine Sweepers Auxiliary - Overseas Parcels League thanking the Wellesley Alumnae for their contribution of 4 pairs of navy socks, 5 pairs of navy mitts, 1 pair of gloves, 4 seaman's caps, 2 ribbed helmets (balaclavas), and 8 turtle neck tuck-ins.
Letter from Mrs. W. G. Shedden, secretary of the Ladies Auxiliary - Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve. She thanks the Wellesley Alumnae of their knitted contribution of 7 pairs of navy socks, 11 pairs of grey socks, 1 pair of navy mitts, 4 pairs of navy gloves, 6 seaman's caps, and 6 square neck sleeveless sweaters.
Letter from Mrs. W. G. Shedden, secretary of the Ladies Auxiliary - Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve. She thanks the Wellesley Alumnae of their knitted contribution of 5 turtleneck sweaters, 1 sleeveless sweater, 4 helmets (balaclavas), 9 caps, 9 pairs of mitts, 6 pairs of gloves, 10 pairs of socks.
Letter from Mrs. W. G. Shedden, secretary of the Ladies Auxiliary - Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve. She thanks the Wellesley Alumnae of their knitted contribution of 2 turtleneck sweaters, 2 caps, 5 helmets, 1 balaclava, 10 pairs of mitts, 1 pair of gloves, and 8 pairs of socks.
Letter from Mrs. W. G. Shedden, secretary of the Ladies Auxiliary - Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve. She thanks the Wellesley Alumnae of their knitted contribution of 6 turtleneck sweaters, 8 caps, 7 helmets, 6 pairs of mitts, 1 pair of gloves, 7 pairs of blue socks, and 7 pairs of grey socks.
Letter from Mrs. W. G. Shedden, secretary of the Ladies Auxiliary - Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve. She thanks the Wellesley Alumnae of their knitted contribution of 17 turtleneck tuck-ins, 12 pairs of navy socks, 1 pair of grey socks, 1 scarf, 8 helmets, and 8 pairs of navy mitts.
Letter from Mrs. W. G. Shedden, secretary of the Ladies Auxiliary - Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve. She thanks the Wellesley Alumnae of their knitted contribution of 2 scarves, 20 helmets, 7 pairs of mitts, 1 pair of seamen's stockings, and 6 decks of cards.
Letter from Harry N. Barry to all contributors and helpers to the Navy Knitters. They have discontinued their operations giving way to the Red Cross Society, and the Overseas Parcels League - British Mine Sweepers Auxiliary which are doing similar projects.
Three ring binder with plastic pages filled with scrapbook pages. Appears that the orginal scrapbook was taken apart and placed in the plastic sleeves. Filled with newspaper clippings, correspondence, cards, programmes, and photographs covering Grace Bolton's history with the Wellesley, the history of the Nursing school, the Hospital, and the Alumnae activities during World War II and beyond. Scrapbook is not completely in order - First several pages are out of order followed by pages starting in 1933, when Grace Bolton graduated from the Wellesley. The pages are in order by year after this until the end when there was a single plastic sleeve filled with many items place together. Starting with letter from the Suntrap Residential School in the United Kingdom, these items have each been given their own sleeve. The majority of the pages are double sided - with items on both sides of the page.
Front page has a photograph of the front entrance to Homewood - The Wellesley Hospital. Back of page has photographs of the Hospital, and the Nurses' residence taken from an unidentified publication. There is also a loose photocopied image of the front entrance to the Wellesley Hospital.
Front of page has a picture of the portrait of Mrs. Herbert Alexander Bruce (Angela Hall) by painter Richard Jack, R.A. Back of page has a postcard showing Government House (residence of the Lieutenant Governor). Below this is a newspaper clipping of Dr. and Mrs. Bruce.
Front of page has list of Wellesley Class of 1933 graduates and where they were from and a rolled piece of paper with a blue and white ribbon wrapped around it. Grace Bolton's name is written on it. The bottom of the page has a newsclipping about convalescents. Back of page has invitations for a graduation tea at Government House, and for the graduation ceremony.
Front of the page has news clippings about Dr. D. E. Robertson, chief surgeon at Sick Children's Hospital, and about Constance Tavener (class of 1930) winning the Royal Red Cross for service during WWII. Also on the front is a typewritten letter from Guy's Hospital in London thanking the Alumnae Association for sending ditty bags. Back of the page had clippings about The Wellesley Hospital Alumnae Association and one about Nursing Sister Beatrice Roberts (class of 1932).
Front of page has a thank you card for Grace Bolton from the Alumnae Executive, articles about the January 1942 annual Alumnae meeting where executive were appointed, Elsie K. Jones spoke about air-raid precaution and defense, and other orders of business. Back of page has a program from the June 12, 1942 Nursing school graduation, and also articles about Wellesley nurses joining services and other alumnae news.
Front of page has a news article about Wellesley's "last" Nursing graduates and other articles about alumnae events and Wellesley construction. Back of the page has articles about prize winning nursing graduates, and hospital expansion.
The 50th anniversary of the Wellesley Hospital celebrations were held June 6-8, 1962. Events included a garden party at Casa Loma, the School of Nursing's graduation ceremony, tours of the hospital and residence, and a dinner at the Royal York Hotel. Souvenir booklet includes a history of the hospital and names and addresses of Nursing School graduates by class.
Photograph taken on the steps of the front entrance of the Wellesley Hospital. The Hospital opened in 1911 but was under renovation and officially opening in August of 1912. The Duke of Connaught, Governor General of Canada was there to do the honours. In the photograph he is standing left of centre in the front row. Also in the photograph are Dr. Bruce (far left bottom), and Sir William Mulock (far right).
Photograph of the Duchess of Cornwall and E. Dorothy Arnot, Assistant Hospital Administrator Patient Services, touring the Wellesley kitchens. In the background is Food Services employee Mrs. Aurora Menard.
Photograph of a line of couples entering the Centennial Ballroom at the Inn on the Park for the Wellesley Hospital 60th Anniversary Ball. Leading the procession is Lieutenant Governor of Ontario W. Ross MacDonald and the Duchess of Wellington. The next couple is the Duke of Wellington and an unidentified woman. The third couple entering the ballroom is Angela Bruce, widow of Hospital founder Dr. Herbert. A. Bruce, and former Chairman of Wellesley's Board H. M. Turner. The photograph was published in the Fall 1972 edition of the Wellesley World magazine and in the Wellesley Anniversary Review '72.
Page contains clippings from the Alumnaes' Lion's Roar section of the Wellesley World magazine. The first clipping discusses activities from 1981 and has a photograph of the 1981-1983 executive team. The second clipping shows the 1975-1976 Alumnae executive.
Page contains 2 items. First item was a calling card of sorts for Wellesley Class of 1960 graduate Doraine Ross who was serving in Zambia, Africa at the Mukinge Hospital. The second it is an obituary clipping for Wellesley class of 1933 graduate Agnes Black.
Photographs of Wellesley nurses displaying uniforms from 1912-1961. Also included are news clippings about the hospital's 50th Anniversary in 1962, the founder's room stained glass, and the tapestry that hung in the Wellesley Hospital lobby.
Photograph taken looking down the length of the room showing tables on either side filled with alumnae. A woman is speaking into a microphone on the left side and another women is modelling a checkered one-suit pantsuit down the middle of the room.
Photograph taken at the Christmas luncheon held at the Sutton Place Hotel. Photograph of three women seated at a table. From l-r: unidentified; Eunice Bennett, honourary member; and Marie Rice, class of 1937.
Photograph of the new 1973 Alumnae executive, l-r: Marnie Graham, Heather Hetherington, Leigh Saarimaki, Gene Gunn, Diane Davies, and Marg Britton. Photograph printed in the August 1973 edition of the Wellesley World magazine.
One copy of "Studies in Ethics for Nurses" by Charlotte A. Aikens, R. N. Inside the book is a piece of folded paper with a handwritten copy of the "Nightingale pledge" on one side and notes about ethics, and discipline on the other.
A photograph album created by Isobel Bussell. The majority of the photographs are from her time in Nursing school and with her nursing friends outside of school. There are also photographs of Isobel in her WWII nursing uniform and of her and her friend Ethel from later in her life. None of the people in the photographs, with the exception of Isobel Bussell and Ethel, have been identified.
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Wellelsey Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae Association (1915-2015), the alumnae created a commemorative framed piece. Included in the frame is a photograph of the first graduating class from Wellesley in 1915; a graduation ring donated by Mary Stanton Sheen, class of 1931; and a year and graduation pin from current Alumnae Association president Shirley Hollefriend Heard, class of 1962. Included with the framed item is a information sheet with information about the portrait, pins, and ring.
The Wellesley Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae Association
The Wellesley Hospital sous-fonds contain items used by and created for the Hospital. The collection includes dishes, medical equipment, photographs, meeting minutes, brochures, published materials, audiocassettes and other materials.
File contains magazines printed in the 1970s. In Fall 1970 the magazine switched to a larger size, and between 1973-1975 it took on a newspaper style. In 1976 it returned to the larger size magazine style format - but not glossy. Some of the magazines are missing pages. File contains: Spring 1970 (1) Fall 1970 (2) Spring 1971 (1) Summer 1971 (2) Winter 1971 (2) 1972 60th Anniversary Commemorative issue (3) Fall 1972 (1) Spring 1973 (1) August 1973 (1) January 1974 (2) May 1974 (1) November 1974 (1) Spring 1975 (1) October 1975 (1) May 1976 (1) September 1976 (1) December 1976 (2) Spring 1977 (2) Fall 1977 (2) September 1978 (2) December 1978 (3) May 1979 (1)
Series contains photographs associated with The Wellesley Hospital. Many of them were taken by the hospital's public relations department and published in Wellesley World and other hospital publications. Files include staff members, nursing, education, events, equipment, and facilities.
File contains photographs of a variety of Wellesley Hospital Nursing office supervisor's and co-ordinators and the Nursing office. Included in the photographs are: Carol Moorhead; Diane Davies; Liz Anders; Dorothy Elines; M. Waldebauer, co-ordinator of medical and surgical nursing services; Barbara Willis, co-ordinator of medical and surgical nursing services; and M. Bruner [Burner?].
File contains two photographs with Dorothea (Dodie) Elines in them. The first photograph shows her with another nurse and a man and woman. The man is handing Dorothea with a cheque. The second photograph shows Dorothea standing beside another nurse, both are holding the cheque.
Photograph of a group of nurses in a kitchenette style room. They are all holding up their glasses towards a nurse who is wearing a corsage. Possibility party was for Nurse Marlene Miguel who was leaving Wellesley.
Photographs taken of a Wellesley Hospital information table at the Ontario Medical Association's annual meetging on nursing for dialysis patients. The meeting was held May 31-June 3 - the year is unclear.
Photograph taken at the sod turning ceremony for the new nurses' residence. In the photograph are Dr. Herbert Bruce, Hospital founder; Nurse Patricia James, Presiden of the Student Nurses' Association; Elsie K. Jones, Director of Nursing; Hiram McCallum, Toronto mayor; and Norman C. Urquhart, Chairman of the Board of Toronto General Hospital. Photograph was published in "The Lion's Tale" by Joan Hollobon.
A blank note card with "25 years of Caring The Wellesley Hospital Auxiliary 1960-1985" in blue on the front along with the Hospital crest. Stapled to the card is a fake blue flower tied with light and dark blue ribbons.
One menu card for The Wellesley Hospital 30th Anniversary Reunion held at The Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto. Card in white, one fold, with an image of the hotel embossed on the front with a gold sticker "30".
Series contains correspondence, reports and associated materials relating to the transfer of Schools of Nursing from the Hospitals to the Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology. The majority of the materials relate specifically to the transfer of The Wellesley Hospital School of Nursing to Ryerson Polytechnical Institute.
The Toronto General Hospital. On August 25, 1948, The Wellesley Hospital amalgamated with Toronto General Hospital - becoming the Wellesley Division of Toronto General Hospital. They would remain that way until 1960, when Wellesley became an independent hospital once again. Series contains materials relating to the Toronto General Hospital, and to its amalgamation with The Wellesley.
White and blue china soup bowl with attached plate and separate lid. Blue line and flower pattern around rim of plate, bowl and lid. The Wellesley Hospital coat of arms on one side of lid and bowl. Small handles on either side of bowl embellished with gold.
White and blue china demi-tasse cup. Blue line and flower pattern on exterior rim of cup. Gold line on interior rim of cup. Gold embellishment on handle. The Wellesley Hospital coat of arms in on one side on the cup.