financial institutions (institutions)

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

financial institutions (institutions)

financial institutions (institutions)

Equivalent terms

financial institutions (institutions)

Associated terms

financial institutions (institutions)

31 Archival description results for financial institutions (institutions)

Head office, Bank of Toronto

Exterior views of the 1862 head office of the Bank of Toronto at Wellington and Church Streets, demolished to make way for the construction of the Toronto-Dominion Bank tower.

Scotia Plaza

Architect's model for the Scotiabank office tower at the corner of King and Yonge Streets in downtown Toronto. The design incorporates the historic Bank of Nova Scotia head office building at 44 King Street West, which was designed by architects Mathers and Haldenby (with Beck and Eadie), and built from 1946 to 1951. This 115 m (377 ft) tall, 27 storey building was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act by the City of Toronto in 1975. It was completely renovated with major, historically sensitive architectural design changes including a 14 story high glass atrium connecting the original building to the new, 68 storey structure.

Canadian Architect

OAA Model

Images of the model for the former Ontario Association of Architects headquarters at 50 Park Road Toronto, Ontario. The modernist building was designed by John C. Parkin, and served as the home of the OAA from the building's completion in 1954 until 1992. The building is now occupied by DTAH, a landscape design company.

Canadian Architect

Toronto, Bank of Montreal, 30 Yonge Street

Built in 1885 for the Bank of Montreal, this branch bank was one of the few buildings in the are to survive Toronto's Great Fire of 1904. Designed by Darling and Curry, the architects who had recently completed the equally august Victoria Hospital for Sick Children on College Street, the Bank of Montreal's head office was the most striking of Toronto's nineteenth-century bank buildings. The building remained a branch until 1982. The Hockey Hall of Fame officially opened in this building, incorporated into the BCE Place development, in 1993. The new $35 million facility has almost 60,000 square feet of floor space. There is access from shopping mall concourse level at BCE Place. The Hockey Hall of Fame is a world-class sports and entertainment facility and is one of Toronto's prime tourist attractions drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. "Hockey Hall of Fame - About Us," Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum, 2010. Accessed on October 21, 2010. http://www.hhof.com/html/gi20300.shtml

British American Oil Company Ltd., Ontario Division

Exterior views of the main Ontario Division Building office located at 800 Bay Street in Toronto. A Toronto Dominion branch bank is located on the main floor of the building, with a sign visible in one of the photographs. Interior view with workers seated at rows of desks.

B-A Oil Photo

Self-Published Stereographs (Single-Sided)

File contains double-sided stereographs (with images on both sides of the card) that depict buildings, animals and people at the beach, a lake, a creek bank, an island in the middle of a lake with a person on it a street scene, an Indigenous Person and Paul Wing Jr.