9 Archival description results for Cultural property
9 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- [ca. 1972]
Renovation and addition to a heritage property located at 2 Gloucester Street in Toronto. The original Masonic building was constructed in 1888. The addition to this building won a Canadian Architect Award of Excellence in 1972.
- [May] 1988
Aerial views of the Gothic Revival castle located at 1 Austin Terrace in Toronto, and a small colour photograph of the base of the Baldwin steps, named for the original landowner and former premier of Ontario Robert Baldwin, a public pathway which connects two sections of Spadina Road and is often used by visitors to the historic castle.
- [December] 1980
Photograph of a six-story brick and beam office building. Built in 1913 for the manufacture of jewelry and ancillary industrial uses, renovated in 1980s by Dunlop Farrow Aitken Architects. The 1983 renovation was reviewed by Canadian Architect magazine in the December 1983 issue. This building was designated a Heritage Property by the City of Toronto in 2005.
- [April] 1983
2 contact sheets with 8 black and white images of the exterior and interior of 45 and 47 Front street, which comprise part of a larger commerical building originally constructed in 1872-3 by Walter Strickland. The cast iron front elevation is original; the interiors were refitted by Stone & Kohn in the early 1980s. Alternate titles include: Beardmore Building, Griffiths Building
- [May] 1985
Photographs of the exterior of the building also known as the "Flatiron" at 49 Wellington Street East in Toronto. The Romanesque Revival building was constructed in 1892 as an office building and has been designated a heritage property. The photographs in this file were probably taken to illustrate the construction of the CN Tower, contrasting with an older, well-known city landmark and showing the effects on the skyline before and after.
- [November] 1970
Aerial view of the yellow brick arena with large dome, built in 1931, located at 438 Church Street in Toronto. It was home ice for the Toronto Maple Leafs (Hockey team) until 1999. It was purchased by Loblaw Companies in 2004 and in 2009 it was announced that a portion of the arena would be used for Ryerson University althletics, thanks in part to federal government contribution.