23 Archival description results for Bank buildings
23 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- [January] 1985
Interior detail photographs of entranceway and pillars in mezzanine, boardroom and office space. The images were printed for an article in the January 1985 issue of Canadian Architect magazine.
- [August] 1987
This large scale model built by Stephan Dye of Grafotto Studios Inc, is the proposal for the 550 W Hastings renewal of the original Toronto Dominion temple bank. The project includes a 400 room hotel and shopping complex. Alternative name is bank charrette. A proposal drawing of the interior and exterior view of 550 W Hastings st., Vancouver BC. This heritage building is originally the Toronto Dominion bank. It was originally to be demolished however the Heritage Committee of Vancouver sought to rescue the facade of this bank and incorporate it into a project that would include a shopping complex and a 400 room hotel.
- [January] 1958
Exterior views of the glass and steel single-storey elevation.
- [January] 1958
Three interior views of customers in the main reception area of a branch bank. Four views of the glass-walled exterior, night and day.
- [March] 1985 - [April] 1987
Architect's model for the Scotiabank office tower at the corner of King and Yonge Streets in downtown Toronto. The design incorporates the historic Bank of Nova Scotia head office building at 44 King Street West, which was designed by architects Mathers and Haldenby (with Beck and Eadie), and built from 1946 to 1951. This 115 m (377 ft) tall, 27 storey building was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act by the City of Toronto in 1975. It was completely renovated with major, historically sensitive architectural design changes including a 14 story high glass atrium connecting the original building to the new, 68 storey structure.
Images of the model for the former Ontario Association of Architects headquarters at 50 Park Road Toronto, Ontario. The modernist building was designed by John C. Parkin, and served as the home of the OAA from the building's completion in 1954 until 1992. The building is now occupied by DTAH, a landscape design company.
- [May] 1971
Built in 1885 for the Bank of Montreal, this branch bank was one of the few buildings in the are to survive Toronto's Great Fire of 1904. Designed by Darling and Curry, the architects who had recently completed the equally august Victoria Hospital for Sick Children on College Street, the Bank of Montreal's head office was the most striking of Toronto's nineteenth-century bank buildings. The building remained a branch until 1982. The Hockey Hall of Fame officially opened in this building, incorporated into the BCE Place development, in 1993. The new $35 million facility has almost 60,000 square feet of floor space. There is access from shopping mall concourse level at BCE Place. The Hockey Hall of Fame is a world-class sports and entertainment facility and is one of Toronto's prime tourist attractions drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. "Hockey Hall of Fame - About Us," Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum, 2010. Accessed on October 21, 2010. http://www.hhof.com/html/gi20300.shtml
- [ca. 1977-1992]
File contains double-sided stereographs (with images on both sides of the card) that depict buildings, animals and people at the beach, a lake, a creek bank, an island in the middle of a lake with a person on it a street scene, an Indigenous Person and Paul Wing Jr.
File consists of 11 x 14" test prints for various projects produced by the Design Archives. Subjects include the BCE place, private homes, Bank of Montreal, and office buildings.